[Book Spoilers] The Purple Wedding: who will D&D make the culprit?

imladolen

I'm starting to think that they might be intending to have Cersei be the one who plans Joffrey's murder.

No real evidence for this, just a feeling the show has been giving me recently.

I think (show-)Cersei's logic will be that Joffrey, who she has basically admitted to Tyrion is a monster, is no longer someone she can control. Tommen will be easier for Cersei to dominate, thus making her the one in charge. She seems to be honestly fearful of Joffrey at this point.

And, of course, killing Joffrey will not only let her regain her reigns on the Iron Throne, but also be a perfect means of eliminating her biggest rival in King's Landing, her brother Tyrion (which is pretty much exactly why she immediately blames the Imp in the book).

Do any of you think D&D will diverge from the books this much, or do you think they will keep the master minds behind Joffrey's death in the Tryell camp (read Margaery Tyrell)?

They're not going to let Cersei kill her child, she loves her children. That's her only redeeming quality, and her cheekbones. So to speak.

They showed LF and Margaery talking a few episodes ago, maybe them even interacting foreshadows they will be the ones to plan this. If QoT doesn't show up, I'm 99% sure this will be how they do it.

If someone proposed this idea to me at the beginning of season 2 I would be up in arms raging on the forums until 4am making sure everyone was as disgusted as me. Now all I can do is throw my arms up and say bring it on HBO, so much random crap has already changed anyway for no apparent reason, I don't even care anymore.

I don't think the QoT will be too hard to cast.. she would only need to have a few key scenes so she wouldn't have to be a season regular.

But if you cast someone too old — and sometimes not even then — they might not be around if and when you need them again. We’ll never see Old Nan again in the show.

• 7 months later...

If someone proposed this idea to me at the beginning of season 2 I would be up in arms raging on the forums until 4am making sure everyone was as disgusted as me. Now all I can do is throw my arms up and say bring it on HBO, so much random crap has already changed anyway for no apparent reason, I don't even care anymore.

Over dramatic, much?

OT: No, they won't be placing any of the blame on Cersei.

I'm starting to think that they might be intending to have Cersei be the one who plans Joffrey's murder.

No real evidence for this, just a feeling the show has been giving me recently.

I think (show-)Cersei's logic will be that Joffrey, who she has basically admitted to Tyrion is a monster, is no longer someone she can control. Tommen will be easier for Cersei to dominate, thus making her the one in charge. She seems to be honestly fearful of Joffrey at this point.

And, of course, killing Joffrey will not only let her regain her reigns on the Iron Throne, but also be a perfect means of eliminating her biggest rival in King's Landing, her brother Tyrion (which is pretty much exactly why she immediately blames the Imp in the book).

Do any of you think D&D will diverge from the books this much, or do you think they will keep the master minds behind Joffrey's death in the Tryell camp (read Margaery Tyrell)?

Pretty sure it will happen the same as in the book, with the hairnet littlefinger Ser Dontos and The Queen of Thorns

Archived