Would Darkstar be more compelling with a less-ridiculous name?

I thought he was cool, based on the most dangerous man comment, but then after reading the posts, it occurred to me that he was both incompetent and a douche. He tried to kill a sweet little girl (which makes him a douche), and he fails miserably (which makes him an incompetent douche). He clearly knows he is outmatched by Hotah, so he runs away like a little girl (after maiming a little girl, who seems to have more sack than he does). Sexist commentary done.

I like him from the start. The whole mysterious, good looking bad boy vibe but when he said his name was "Darkstar" and he was "of the night" I cracked up. It reminded me so much of Batman.

Then he does the unexpected and tries to kill Mycella (and fails) which makes him out to be a douche. He must feel like a douche too, all these years living in Arthur Daynes shadow and he finally gets a chance to make a name for himself, not as an honorable man or great fighter but still, something to call his own and he botches it and now he's known as the douche that tried to kill a little Lannister girl and failed.

I think we'll see him again. He might even be with Aegon. When I think of him, I think of something Quaithe said to Dany. Dragons old and young, light and dark, etc so maybe, just maybe.

If Aegon can show up this late in the story and be a Targ (maybe a Blackfyre Trag) ,then why not Darkstar?

Until we know who his parents are I say he's a candidate. If Aerys could take liberties with Tywin's wife , then why not with the handmaiden of his son's wife?

Archived