Hidden Messages

Stone Crow

Greetings,

Goerge R.R. Martin left a lot of hints in the books that lead to a specific idea. There are things that I discovered only after checking the forum and hearing the opinion of other members, so let's list all of them:

- Love affair between Renly Baratheon and Loras Tyrell

- Lord Wyman Manderly serves three large pies at the fake wedding feast of Arya and Ramsay, after which he asks Abel the Bard to sing about "the Rat Cook". The author suggests us that he served a pie out of Freys that he killed on the way to Winterfell.

- Green Grace is the Harpy (Apple thanks for explanation)

- Bran, the Reeds and Hodor feasted on human flesh, the foes that were killed by Coldhands

- Harma Dogshead is the sister of Varamyr Sixskins. (tze, thanks that was very informative)

Please share what you discovered, I hope there are more hidden messages that I missed.

The Lannister twins may belong to Aerys.

Tysha may be in Braavos with Tyrion's daughter.

Rhaegar may be alive on the Quiet Isle.

The BIG ONE: Rhaegar and Lyanna were married and Jon is therefore the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne.

Tons more; I'll give others a chance.

My personal favourite:

1) From A Game of Thrones in Sansa's POV:

Frog-faced Lord Slynt sat at the end of the council table wearing a black velvet doublet and a shiny cloth-of-gold cape, nodding with approval every time the king pronounced a sentence. Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown down her father for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut off his head.

Then in Jon's POV in A Dance with Dragons:

Emmett kicked his legs out from under him. Dolorous Edd planted a foot on his back to keep him on his knees as Emmett shoved the block beneath his head. “This will go easier if you stay still,” Jon Snow promised him. “Move to avoid the cut, and you will still die, but your dying will be uglier. Stretch out your neck, my lord.” The pale morning sunlight ran up and down his blade as Jon clasped the hilt of the bastard sword with both hands and raised it high. “If you have any last words, now is the time to speak them,” he said, expecting one last curse. Janos Slynt twisted his neck around to stare up at him. “Please, my lord. Mercy. I’ll … I’ll go, I will, I …”

No, thought Jon. You closed that door. Longclaw descended.

Please tell me you mean Sandor.

Sandor is almost confirmed to be the gravedigger on Quiet Isle. However I do believe there was a person playing the harp on Quiet Isle. Rhaegar was well known for his love of the harp. This and Rhaegar was killed by Robert on the Trident. If he survived, his body would have washed up on the shores of Quiet Isle. Not saying I believe the theory myself but thats the evidence for it.

Sandor is almost confirmed to be the gravedigger on Quiet Isle. However I do believe there was a person playing the harp on Quiet Isle. Rhaegar was well known for his love of the harp. This and Rhaegar was killed by Robert on the Trident. If he survived, his body would have washed up on the shores of Quiet Isle. Not saying I believe the theory myself but thats the evidence for it.

Hm. Well, anyway, add Sandor on the Quiet Isle to the list.

I believe they also have some of his rubies and are waiting for one more.

Please tell me you mean Sandor. - Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne - Euron molested Aeron - Joffrey molested Tommen - Young Griff is false (last one is by far the most likely of the ones I listed)

Yes I agree Sandor is alive on the QI.

Mr Motte has the crux of my argument already. I think Rhaegar is alive on the QI along with some of his Kingsguard. Jonothor Darry is the Elder Brother I believe; he is a large beefy man like his brother Willem. He says they have six of Rhaegar's rubies and are awaiting the seventh. I believe the seven rubies are a metaphor for seven Kingsguardsmen. Just a whiff of suspicion here, but sometimes that's all tricksy George gives us.

Please tell me you mean Sandor.

- Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne

- Euron molested Aeron

- Joffrey molested Tommen

- Young Griff is false

(last one is by far the most likely of the ones I listed)

- Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne-No,beacause no one can change eye colour.

- Euron molested Aeron-No.Euron is just too awesome to be ruined by this.Maybe the chains and the doors Aeron meant are some sort of magic Euron used to scare him when they were kids.It makes more sense.

- Joffrey molested Tommen-Impossible,beacause Tommen doesn't shows any sympthoms.

- Young Griff is false-It is known

- Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne-No,beacause no one can change eye colour.

Lemore's eye colour is never mentioned. However, one would think that had she had purple eyes, Tyrion would have made a mental note of it.

My personal favourite little tidbit, which doesn't have anything to do with the plot of course, is Rhaenarys' black kitten Balerion. Who grows up to be a mangy, snaggle-toothed, one-eared tomcat prowling the halls of the Red Keep, getting chased around by young Stark girls and frightening the kittens of young "Baratheons." As a cat-lover, these passages put a smile in my heart... I could handle Sansa dying, Arya dying, Jon dying (for real)... but if that cat got killed, I would lose my shit.

Archived