Victarion Greyjoy

Gordon Freeman

Vladimir Kulich is spot on for Victarion. I haven't seen his acting yet, but then again, you don't need a Daniel Day-Lewis level actor to play Vic. I wonder whether he can pull off a convincing English accent though.

Who says he has to be English?

I think it all depends how they write the Victarion on teh Show, (will they combine him with one of his brothers?, will they make him more complex or keep rather one dementional?)

Again Ray Stevenson is my preferred Victarion, but this also entails show Victarion to be (at least slightly) more complext (if not sumpathetic) than the book one. Someone like Kulitch or Statham would be good for smaller, more one-note agressive viking bum type. Though Kulitch has been quite good in some kovies but I agree his accent does not fit, and Statham has played the same role all over again in so many films that it would be hard to take him anything but that stereotype.

OP

Yeah, the guy who played Titus Pollo in Rome would be unreal as Victarion Greyjoy. In Kraken plate armour he would look suitably massive enough to be Vic. Although I think it might make the character too funny and sympathetic in my eyes coz I'll have that character in my head. I mean, HBO has made a lot of the characters nicer than they are in the books, they could do that pretty easily with Vic if they wanted to.

OP

Yeah, the guy who played Titus Pollo in Rome would be unreal as Victarion Greyjoy. In Kraken plate armour he would look suitably massive enough to be Vic. Although I think it might make the character too funny and sympathetic in my eyes coz I'll have that character in my head. I mean, HBO has made a lot of the characters nicer than they are in the books, they could do that pretty easily with Vic if they wanted to.

You haven't seen Stevenson (Titus Pollo) in 'Dexter' then? He plays a psychotic Ukrainian mafioso. Definitely not funny or loveable. The complete opposite of his role in Rome. Very Victarion-like, in fact. He'd be perfect.

Archived