[Book Spoilers] The countinuing emasculation of Jon Snow

Man, poor Jon Snow, he can't even get credit for finding the dragonglass with ghost, AND he now has follow Ygritte around on a chain with her threatening to cut off his balls if he escapes in front of everyone.

He got punked repeatedly at Craster's, had to beg to go with the Halfhand, didn't get to kill anyone when they found Ygritte the other watchers (just only took her by suprise), he gets himself lost, then Ygritte makes him look like a child in their banter, and gets led into a trap by Ygritte.

They are just killing this poor kid, and by extension Ghost. Ghost is the worst warg partner/guardian direwolf in history right now.

You are right about all these, but I cannot even feel sorry for him, because he acts like an incompetent idiot the whole season now. No wonder Ghost has left him, the wolf has more intelligence than Jon.

I feel sorry for his story.

Haven't even thought about Ghost yet. You're absolutely right.

If I recall it right in the books they were about to be caught by the wildlings so Quorin asks Jon to kill him to get their trust.

While it seems like he's still going to kill Quorin, he's now also accountable for him getting caught.

Let's him look like he's a good-hearted but dumb fella.

You are right about all these, but I cannot even feel sorry for him, because he acts like an incompetent idiot the whole season now. No wonder Ghost has left him, the wolf has more intelligence than Jon.

I feel sorry for his story.

Ugh, me too. The dude is the Rodney Dangerfield of beyond the wall. The only way mance would keep this guy is for a fool to entertain his tent or to do funny dances while he sings.

Ugh, me too. The dude is the Rodney Dangerfield of beyond the wall. The only way mance would keep this guy is for a fool to entertain his tent or to do funny dances while he signs.

Now that is something I would want to see! :P

Not in ASOIAF, naturally.

Haven't even thought about Ghost yet. You're absolutely right.

If I recall it right in the books they were about to be caught by the wildlings so Quorin asks Jon to kill him to get their trust.

While it seems like he's still going to kill Quorin, he's now also accountable for him getting caught.

Let's him look like he's a good-hearted but dumb fella.

He's a boob. I place a lot of blame on Ghost though. Ghost is doing absolutely nothing. Jon needs a new direwolf.

Whenever it cuts to Beyond the Wall or Essos this season I groan inside

They cant even get any real drama kicked up at the fist, i mean, they best they could do was a manhole cover they randomly found while digging a pisser?

Of course not. I request no changes in asoiaf.

Only the changes that make sense.

However, they have proved that they are prone to making changes that do not make sensa at all. So, yeah, better without changes than we see mostly.

They cant even get any real drama kicked up at the fist, i mean, they best they could do was a manhole cover they randomly found while digging a pisser?

Well what other reason would they have for digging in order to find the dagger? Dont forget, it becomes very important for Sammy later on.

And drama at the fist will come...be patient

The writers really are sacrificing short term drama with Jon (the Craster stalking, the Ygritte chase) for long term character development. Considering how IMO they did this so well in the first season, I find this exceedingly annoying.

I would not vote this guy as my next Lord Commander.

EDIT: They're sacrificing long term character development for short term drama, not the opposite as my post reads. Durrrr.

Well what other reason would they have for digging in order to find the dagger? Dont forget, it becomes very important for Sammy later on.

And drama at the fist will come...be patient

Ghost/jon should have found it. Or anything else to make it a tad interesting

The writers really are sacrificing short term drama with Jon (the Craster stalking, the Ygritte chase) for long term character development. Considering how IMO they did this so well in the first season, I find this exceedingly annoying.

I would not vote this guy as my next Lord Commander.

EDIT: They're sacrificing long term character development for short term drama, not the opposite as my post reads. Durrrr.

I dont even think the drama was enhanced. The scene with the watchers was far more dramatic in the book as was jon and quorin's "capture". Why on earth make jon beg to go with quorin when quorin actaully selected him?

It would've been better i guess, being closer to the book, but how would it have gotten to sam?

Almost as soon as they got to the fist, jon leaves with qhorin

He could have found it at crasters instead of getting bitchslapped with his own sword.

I dont even think the drama was enhanced. The scene with the watchers was far more dramatic in the book as was jon and quorin's "capture". Why on earth make jon beg to go with quorin when quorin actaully selected him?

Oh I agree completely. I think the writers took the approach that Jon's story needed "sexing-up" somewhat, something I think was completely unnecessary. I honestly think the Rangers' attempts to get back to the Fist would make far better drama than the current scenes.

Archived