[Spoiler]Do you all hate Bran?

ShadowRaven

I really liked his chapters in DANCE. Especially the one where they fought the wights and then met bloodraven. I felt robbed he only got 3 chapters and not one in the second half of the book... I think he is close to a big reveal about various things...

I wouldn't say Bran is one of my favorite characters, but I like him and I definitely want to see more of him with Bloodraven

I also think Summer is a very underrated wolf... saved Bran, saved Jon, killed all those wildlings, fought all those wights...

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the forums are no longer completely borked (for now, at least, lol)

He couldn't just give it to whoever he chose. Jon is the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, which means that he could never hold lands/bear children/blahblahblah. Jon has already rejected Stannis' proposal to rule the North. It would be very much against his nature to now accept Winterfell when he would know Robb only made him heir because Bran and Rickon were thought to be dead. Jon may end up becoming King in the end (though I doubt it) but it's very unlikely he would become Lord of Winterfell.

Well, it depends - Jon already forsook his vows when he made his intentions clear to go to Winterfell and battle the Boltons. It could be very easy to lawyer your way out of the vow by saying that he died (whether he did or didn't), since the vow ends at death.

And yes, Jon rejected Stannis' proposal - but Stannis wasn't Robb, King in the North.

That said, its possible he could be declared King* but give Winterfell to Rickon (or Bran, should he ever return) - in much the same way that Robert Baratheon gave Storm's End to Renly.

But do you think Jon would take what he knows and believes belongs to Bran/Rickon? This isn't a question of Robb's misinformation or legal loopholes - it's about Jon's honor.

Would he know and believe it belongs to Bran and Rickon though? At the end of the day, Robb legitimized Jon. He is now (though virtually no one knows it yet) Jon Stark, and by all the laws of gods and men he is first in line to the throne / possession of Winterfell. Bran and Rickon were never going to get Winterfell in the ordinary course anyway.

One thing that might dislodge his claim - in his own mind more than anyone else - is learning that he is not actually Lord Eddard's son.

*Nightking!!!!

• 6 months later...

i dont think anyone hates bran; i think people are being realistic over the foreshadowing of his chapters in a dance with dragons that he will, in fact, transform into a tree.

I haven't liked Bran's story since his fall. Many people loved Bran though the first few books and he used to be a fan favorite. For me, his story was incredibly boring. I can understand the need of having a PoV in Winterfell, but Bran, himself, didn't seem to progress the story. He layed in a bed, he dreamed, he awoke, he whined and complained for a while, and then he spent 2 books wondering around the North. He didn't really interact with the main story.

I think I feel the same about Bran as many people feel about Dany. I like Dany's story, though.

There's a posibilty that he'll return to south of the Wall, he won't necesarely will turn into a tree, he can warg them, he's there so Bloodraven can teach him

Bloodraven is teaching to warg other things, not just animals, after he complete his training he'll return to the surface, I guess

Well, it would be really sad if he becomes a three like Bloodraven

I just wonder what will happen to Jojen

^dude.

Greenseer

The single most powerful creature/thing next to a dragon.

Bran is innately magical, he's going to be alive when all the other people in the show are dust-I think epilogue will be his POV.

Again.

Greenseer.

He's got soooo much import in the story.

Greenseer is more of a question in my mind than the answer. Every time I see this, I try to think of what Bloodraven has done as a Greenseer for the past 80 years, or so. It seems that Greenseer is more of an observer than anything else at this point.

Greenseer is more of a question in my mind than the answer. Every time I see this, I try to think of what Bloodraven has done as a Greenseer for the past 80 years, or so. It seems that Greenseer is more of an observer than anything else at this point.

No, a greenseer wargs more than weirwoods, bloodraven to can warg animals.

Bran will do a great deal with this new power

I like Bran. It's a nice change from the gritty reality of the rest of the books. It's a nice reminder that yes, magic DOES exist in Planetos. And it's good information about the world and the history of Westeros. Which can spark dozens of crackpots.

Bran is one of my favorite characters. Behind Arya, maybe above Jon.

I don´t hate Bran. He´s not among my favourite characters, but I still like him and I find I his storyline interesting. Especially his POV in ADoD with the children, BR and the greenseeing stuff.

I think some people hate him, because he keeps warging Hodor.

No, a greenseer wargs more than weirwoods, bloodraven to can warg animals.

Bran will do a great deal with this new power

I understand and agree that they can both warg animals. My concern is that Bloodraven has had this power for the better part of a century and we have no idea the effect that he's had on the affairs of Westeros. It could be that we just haven't been fed this information or it could be that he is more of an observer than anything else.

Sure, if Bran wargs a dragon than all bets are off.

I understand and agree that they can both warg animals. My concern is that Bloodraven has had this power for the better part of a century and we have no idea the effect that he's had on the affairs of Westeros. It could be that we just haven't been fed this information or it could be that he is more of an observer than anything else.

Sure, if Bran wargs a dragon than all bets are off.

Well, I think Bran is more untraditional in his ways. He seems to like breaking rules. So he might divulge in some stuff that BR nad the CotF arbitrarily banned.

There's a posibilty that he'll return to south of the Wall, he won't necesarely will turn into a tree, he can warg them, he's there so Bloodraven can teach him

Bloodraven is teaching to warg other things, not just animals, after he complete his training he'll return to the surface, I guess

Well, it would be really sad if he becomes a three like Bloodraven

I just wonder what will happen to Jojen

i think thats why jojen is so sad in the last chapter of bran and he just walks around all sullen. meera, too. i think jojen dreamed that bran is going to turn into a tree and they are going to leave without him.

I hate Bran. He's an oathbreaker who broke his sworn oath to his mother never to climb again. Then the sneaky child attempted to spy on Cersei and Jaime while they were being intimate. Then he wished bad things upon the two Frey wards, broke his oath to his rightful conquering Lord Theon, and has since been mind-controlling a mentally challenged simpleton while being protected by a Ghoul bodyguard.

Seriously though Bran is fine and I don't dislike him but his chapters are so differently written and geographically remote than the others that it sometimes just seems to break the overall narrative. Hopefully as he starts to connect more with the rest of the storylines, interact with characters via the weirwood network and start affecting the rest of Westeros again things will get more interesting for him.

I hate Bran. He's an oathbreaker who broke his sworn oath to his mother never to climb again. Then the sneaky child attempted to spy on Cersei and Jaime while they were being intimate. Then he wished bad things upon the two Frey wards, broke his oath to his rightful conquering Lord Theon. And has since been mind-controlling a mentally challenged simpleton while being protected by a Ghoul bodyguard.

Seriously though Bran is fine and I don't dislike him but his chapters are so differently written and geographically remote than the others that it sometimes just seems to break the overall narrative. Hopefully as he starts to connect more with the rest of the storylines, interact with characters via the weirwood network and start affecting the rest of Westeros again things will get more interesting for him.

I almost ahd a heart-attack reading that first paragraph. :thumbsup: :lol:

Archived