Possible Cover art for Winds of Winter

NickSnow

(NOTE: this concerns the current US and CANADIAN BANTAM books only)

I am wondering what is going to be on the cover for WoW. Assuming that they continue to follow the same pattern for each of the previous books, the cover should be a simple image of something with a certain colour background.

Recapping the first five books:

GoT- A sword on a blue background

CoK- A crown on a yellow background

SoS- A helm on a green background

FfC- A goblet on a red background

DwD- A shield on a white background

So, what do you think the image will be and what do you think the background colour will be?

I think the covers for these book are really stupid... So to me it doesn't matter what it is...

The original covers that were illustrated, I can't remember by who, were very good. A Game of Thrones had Jon Snow on a horse and Ghost running by his side, A Clash of Kings had Stannis and Mel with Davos bending the knee, and Storm had the funeral pyre for Hoster Tully and Edmure preparing to shoot the arrow

The new ones make no sense... A storm of swords doesn't even have a sword but a helm!

And then you have a dance with dragons, a book that centers around the targaryens, and the shield they choose is some random dragon that looks strange... They could have at least put the targaryen 3 headed dragon sigil don't you think?

If you look at the covers in foreign countries, they are much better... they are brillantly illustrated and actually deal with the subject of the book

A flayed man on a pink (?) background, to give readers an idea of which House will prevail by the end.

You are a cruel guy. I would say the same and swap it with the banner of House Stark.

I think the covers for these book are really stupid... So to me it doesn't matter what it is...

The original covers that were illustrated, I can't remember by who, were very good. A Game of Thrones had Jon Snow on a horse and Ghost running by his side, A Clash of Kings had Stannis and Mel with Davos bending the knee, and Storm had the funeral pyre for Hoster Tully and Edmure preparing to shoot the arrow

The new ones make no sense... A storm of swords doesn't even have a sword but a helm!

And then you have a dance with dragons, a book that centers around the targaryens, and the shield they choose is some random dragon that looks strange... They could have at least put the targaryen 3 headed dragon sigil don't you think?

If you look at the covers in foreign countries, they are much better... they are brillantly illustrated and actually deal with the subject of the book

Agree with you and this is one of the biggest disssapointments of the books . The content is great of course but the covers really,really suck ass . Imo they should of stuck and continued with the old covers because it looked like they put some effort in it unlike this lazy ,generic crap that we get nowadays .

Agree with you and this is one of the biggest disssapointments of the books . The content is great of course but the covers really,really suck ass . Imo they should of stuck and continued with the old covers because it looked like they put some effort in it unlike this lazy ,generic crap that we get nowadays .

Somehow I prefer those lazy generic crappy covers.

The weirwood face will be great!

The white/gray background of ADwD will probably mean that the colour theme will be different this time. Maybe black? The blackest of times for Starks? It is the darkest before dawn? Black for Jon's death, the NW's downfall, Drogon, the crow? I'd like that.

As for the art, I have no idea... Probaby just some generic piece of weapon?

So far, they've all been a metal item, and either a piece of armor or a 'treasure' for a lack of a better word.

If this trend continues, I think a gauntlet on a black field is likely (think the GoT Season 2 teaser minus the crown).

Archived