Possible Cover art for Winds of Winter

NickSnow

I can see a black background, it suits the chillyness of "Winds of Winter". That or a light blue.

Purple, I mainly see it suit moreso the "Spring" title.

As for the actual objects....I guess chains, a ring or a horseshoe....chains reminiscent of slavery/prisoners/freedom that is a common theme in the books, ring for wealth/power, horseshoe pertaining to war/journey.

The horn is a good guess too.

• 2 months later...

I think the covers for these book are really stupid... So to me it doesn't matter what it is...

The original covers that were illustrated, I can't remember by who, were very good. A Game of Thrones had Jon Snow on a horse and Ghost running by his side, A Clash of Kings had Stannis and Mel with Davos bending the knee, and Storm had the funeral pyre for Hoster Tully and Edmure preparing to shoot the arrow

The new ones make no sense... A storm of swords doesn't even have a sword but a helm!

And then you have a dance with dragons, a book that centers around the targaryens, and the shield they choose is some random dragon that looks strange... They could have at least put the targaryen 3 headed dragon sigil don't you think?

If you look at the covers in foreign countries, they are much better... they are brillantly illustrated and actually deal with the subject of the book

I have that copy of Game of Thrones. Got it like 12 years ago when I was 12. The book made no sense to me then, read it again when I was 16 and loved it.

I think the covers for these book are really stupid... So to me it doesn't matter what it is...

The original covers that were illustrated, I can't remember by who, were very good. A Game of Thrones had Jon Snow on a horse and Ghost running by his side,

The problem with those covers is that it makes it rather obvious that is A Fantasy Novel. Later on the publishers are trying to build the Real Literature vibe, so they put in more plain style covers, versus the OTT style of the WoT books and the original covers.

Winds of Winter : Black with an arrow that has a dragonglass arrowhead - An arrow needs wind, archery is really common in the north, where winter hits hardest, and we have dragonglass arrowheads that are yet to come in play, also the others seem like a major theme in the next novel.

Dream of Spring : A white walker sword on purple background, or a blue rose covered in morning dew on purple background

• 4 months later...

Archived