Theon's fate

alienarea

He is constantly reffered to as less than a man. And that he doesn't want them to see. So something physical happened to his genetials. He is thankful ramsay took his penis. Cause he could of took his legs or more important body parts. He said he didn't really need it. Reek doesn't need a penis but theon does. Its possible that it wasn't directly stated so martin left it up in the air in case he needs to make theon able to produce children. But I think it makes his arc that much better if he has become a grotesque eunuch out for redemption.

After the gift chapter I wonder what will happen to Theon.

1. Will Stannis execute him?

2. If so, by sword or by fire?

3. Will that happen before the battle for Winterfell?

I assume we will see the battle for Winterfell through Theon's eyes (we need a pov) and he might die honorable in the battle saving someone instead of being executed. Stannis will keep him alive that long because he needs someone who knows Winterfell.

Thoughts?

My guess is that he will live till the end. In Dance of Dragons, we learn the Lady Dustin will steal Ned Stark remains and feed them to her dogs. There has to be a reason for including this particular scene, which to me came out of nowhere. I think Lady Dustin will "intercept" the remains, but will hold off feeding it to the dogs. Theon would be only person who would know the whereabouts of the remains and he will be telling the secret to King of the North Jon Stark.

I suspect one of last POVs will concern the burial of Ned's remain in the crypt.

I've read many theories on these delightful threads about Theon and redemption. Some involve things that happen in the Theon gift chapter, and I don't think I can mention that. But whatever happens to Theon will involve two things, I am sure:

1. A weirwood with Brandon Stark's face - one that already has had a sacrificial gift (DWD).

2. A murder of ravens.

Whether trees will talk, or the birds, or whether they will just do a raven kickline, those players will be present. I have even thought of a Hitchcock Birds scenario, on a larger scale like what happens with the murder guide who killed the wights, including Small Paul, near the wall, with Sam and Gilly and baby.

My crackpot idea is that Stannis will pardon Theon after the "event" with the heart tree, RavenBran, and the murder, and then, quite unexpectedly, Old Nan will come from behind with a blade and cut his throat.

If not, Ghost will come from behind the tree and rip out his throat. [bran may have even have warged Theon, (Kissed-by Fire has a wonderful post on this] and if so, Bran will have his first death, a la V6S.]

Now, if Theon dies, never fear. One of those ravens can reanimate him with the spirit of a Child of the Forest. If Theon's throat is cut, "the bones" remember" when the tree roots suck down the blood, allowing the trees to remember.

Plus, Bran promises Lady Donella Hornwood that "Winterfell Remembers", regarding the loss of her son and husband while out fighting with King Robb. And Bran certainly remembers that Ramsay Bolton starved Lady Hornwood; as a result, she ate off her finger tips. [All these people without hands and fingers? What does it mean/ Davos, Jaime, Commander Bywater, Qhorin Halfhand, Donal Noye (arm) and others)

He'll be another zombie or vampire!

:agree: A Jon warged Ghost is a dragon, both literally and figuratively? Yes?

Technically,it's a "parliament" of ravens.Sadly,I know this.I looked it up.

Do I qualify for the "weirdo geek" club?

Technically,it's a "parliament" of ravens.Sadly,I know this.I looked it up.

Do I qualify for the "weirdo geek" club?

o

Along with me! What is a parliament of ravens? I am confused. Martin calls them a "murder" several times: in the tree at WF for the mummer's farce of a wedding; in Bran's cave; and the murder was in the trees to help Sam, Gilly, and baby escape the wights attacking them. It was a scene out of Hitchcock's Birds, I thought.

Does "murder" mean parliament. Hmm. That's cool. I'll look it up. Good to know. Thanks! :bowdown:

I'm talking nonsense as usual.The parliament is a collective noun that refers to rooks.The collective noun for ravens is an "unkindness",which has to be the best one of the lot.

Back on topic,I'm still wondering if we will see some unkindness on that island.

I'm talking nonsense as usual.The parliament is a collective noun that refers to rooks.The collective noun for ravens is an "unkindness",which has to be the best one of the lot.

Back on topic,I'm still wondering if we will see some unkindness on that island.

I like your indepth analysis of the term. I think it fits very well, and you speak no nonsense.

:agree: I agree that the island with the weirwood and the impending execution has the possibility of being epic! :dunno:

3. There is great urgency on Bran's side to resurrect a Dragon, because Jon has just been murdered.

So, Bran needs Theon to be sacrificed in front of a Hear Tree, because then the power of his King's Blood is absorbed into the weirwood network. Bran can then access it and use it to resurrect Jon in front of another Heart Tree at the Wall.

Thus, Theon's death will pay for life, and Theon's King's Blood will raise the Dragon (Rhaegar's son).

It all makes perfect sense. And the timing is perfect as well, as Jon has just been killed, just as Theon is about to be sacrificed

Curiosity: Where was this mentioned? (The ability to resurrect someone by using royal blood and a heart tree). I don't recall ever reading anything related to that. Is that speculation?

Curiosity: Where was this mentioned? (The ability to resurrect someone by using royal blood and a heart tree). I don't recall ever reading anything related to that. Is that speculation?

I think it is speculation. But I am no expert. Jon will live in Ghost and then warg back to his own body before (maybe even after) the beast is taking over. I do not know why Theon's blood is mandatory - if king's blood is needed, use a leech. Does Bran need all his blood? Wouldn't a sip suffice?

All this speculating about Bran needing blood makes him sound like a tree-bound vampire - trapped like Barnabas Collins until Willy Loomis frees him from the chains that bind his coffin. It is like Bran is already in his coffin, or symbolically nailed to a tree, much like a Christ-figure. :dunno:

In the Catholic faith, when patrons take communion, they are symbolically eating the host, the body of Christ, and wine, the blood of Christ. Cannot the exchange of blood as sustenance refer to the old gods as well. Martin was Catholic. He would know of the transubstantiation of Christ and that part of the Mass. :dunno:

I think it is speculation. But I am no expert. Jon will live in Ghost and then warg back to his own body before (maybe even after) the beast is taking over. I do not know why Theon's blood is mandatory - if king's blood is needed, use a leech. Does Bran need all his blood? Wouldn't a sip suffice?

All this speculating about Bran needing blood makes him sound like a tree-bound vampire - trapped like Barnabas Collins until Willy Loomis frees him from the chains that bind his coffin. It is like Bran is already in his coffin, or symbolically nailed to a tree, much like a Christ-figure. :dunno:

"Blood" is often used to refer to the life itself of a person, specially in medieval times. This would mean that by blood Martin says that he need the life of some king "or someone related to a king". Theon must die! and then be resurrected by Catelyn, that would be pretty fun. I still think that Jaime and Brienne will intervene in the execution. Remember that she still thinks he killed both her sons!

"Blood" is often used to refer to the life itself of a person, specially in medieval times. This would mean that by blood Martin says that he need the life of some king "or someone related to a king". Theon must die! and then be resurrected by Catelyn, that would be pretty fun. I still think that Jaime and Brienne will intervene in the execution. Remember that she still thinks he killed both her sons!

I think it would be fun if Jon is a vampire - when Jon via Ghost returns to his dead body, he wargs it. He will still have to Stark look; he will still be dragon; he will be kissed by winter, a frozen shell that, with Bran's magic and possibly blood, he will become a New Jon, a new species of a dead man warged with his own spirit, like what will happen with the Starks of Winterfell. When Theon dies in front of the heart tree, the souls of the starks imprisoned in the roots of the weirwood will be free to find their remains.

I hope Jon leads a Zombie Stark army against the others. That's my crackpot theory.

Theon will marry a Stark or die in their defense. He always wanted to be one of them. His redemption is something that will be a factor in the upcoming books.

I agree. :agree: I like the theories where Bran wargs Theon at the heart tree, but I think why? Why Theon? He really does not need the body of Theon to warg into. He may need his blood. Maybe Theon will only be grazed with a blade - although The Lord of Night Song says taking the blood, in the medieval context, means the life as well. So my jury is still out. Martin has so many ways to go. :blushing:

After the gift chapter I wonder what will happen to Theon.

1. Will Stannis execute him?

2. If so, by sword or by fire?

3. Will that happen before the battle for Winterfell?

I assume we will see the battle for Winterfell through Theon's eyes (we need a pov) and he might die honorable in the battle saving someone instead of being executed. Stannis will keep him alive that long because he needs someone who knows Winterfell.

Thoughts?

Man, after I read the WOW chapter of Theon, i saw how good a character he was. Really kinda emphatetic he saying " they know my name " and all, but I really tought this was something else, like Old Bear's raven.... And I would bet that old bear's raven was one of BloodRaven skins.... It talked to Sam for him to flee, and said Jon Snow name (on the day he died!!!)....

And so, this line of tought was with me and then I remembered of Bran's last chapter.... Someone being offered to the Gods, and he feeling the blood and all... I don't know what that implies, but we can assume that the person who died is someone Bran knows....and the tree was from Winterfell.... I really tought it would be Theon dying there....but only if they took winterfell...and Asha would have to kill him, cause it's a woman... dunno.....

I agree. :agree: I like the theories where Bran wargs Theon at the heart tree, but I think why? Why Theon? He really does not need the body of Theon to warg into. He may need his blood. Maybe Theon will only be grazed with a blade - although The Lord of Night Song says taking the blood, in the medieval context, means the life as well. So my jury is still out. Martin has so many ways to go. :blushing:

Man, I think you got wrong! as i say in this previous comment, i tought it was tyrion too, but Bran is warging the Tree man, and the tree is like taking him for a ride around the time, he saw Lyanna and his father or benjen there, you know? he isn't in control. and when they say "felt the blood" do you really believe it will be cause he was in the dying body??? I think it would be kinda stupid... He would warg in him only to die with him? No, he has some sort of "concract" with the weirwood now, and he felt the blood cause the offering was to the tree... just like drown people to the Drowned God...

Man, after I read the WOW chapter of Theon, i saw how good a character he was. Really kinda emphatetic he saying " they know my name " and all, but I really tought this was something else, like Old Bear's raven.... And I would bet that old bear's raven was one of BloodRaven skins.... It talked to Sam for him to flee, and said Jon Snow name (on the day he died!!!)....

And so, this line of tought was with me and then I remembered of Bran's last chapter.... Someone being offered to the Gods, and he feeling the blood and all... I don't know what that implies, but we can assume that the person who died is someone Bran knows....and the tree was from Winterfell.... I really tought it would be Theon dying there....but only if they took winterfell...and Asha would have to kill him, cause it's a woman... dunno.....

Wasn't that vision from the past?

Archived