[Book Spoilers] Lena Headey was brilliant!

Melifeather

I think the best performance of the night was Lena Headey's Cersei. I'm a Stannis lover too, but I thought GRRM provided some real "meat" for Lena to flesh out for the viewers what the book readers already know and understand: that the book Cersei is a stronger female character than how she has been portrayed on the show. What were some of your favorite lines that she had tonight?

I had to add this edit: I spelled her last name wrong. I believe it's actually, "Headey". I don't know how to edit the subject line to correct the spelling there. Sorry about that.

I have to agree. Her scenes with Sansa were brilliant as she seems to get drunker and drunker but her scene with Tommen (who gives a wonderfully understated performance) was outstanding. We really got to see all facets of Cercei in this episode. Lena Headey was absolutely brilliant her best work imo of the series.

I said last week that Headey is a truly fantastic actress. She is a terrible Cerscei (i suspect it's more her fault then the writers), and like everyone else i hated her portrayal at first but once i got over the changes i just have to admit she is incredibly entertaining to watch. I actually think i liked her scenes more then i liked the battle.

The Throne scene with Tommen was beautiful, even though I knew what was going to happen, I was still afraid she would poison Tommen and herself. Very strong scene.

I actually felt a little sorry for Maisie Williams because it seems to me that Lena Headey might have just wrestled an Emmy away from an 11 year old girl....

Now that I think about it, it is a rather Cersei thing to do. It may be fitting.

Her performance was fantastic. It was great all year but it really came together tonight. GRRM kept most of Cersei's funny dialogue during his scenes with Sansa and then wrote that killer scene at the end, all of which Headley sold. I really hope she gets an Emmy nomination this season.

yep, could not agree more. How she subtlely changed through the episode as she got more drunk and more bad reports came in was perfect. How she became more vicious to Sansa and those in the room was just about perfect

I didn't like her Cersei during season 1, but she's simply brilliant in Season 2! Honestly, if they did a whole episode of drunken Cersei I'd never complain!

And I think she managed to pass quite appropriately Cersei's attempt at strength at the same time as despair for her life and her sons'.

Hers was definitely some of the best acting in all the season. I loved, loved her scene with Tommen at the throne. She completely sold me that scene despite having read the books and knowing they were safe.

Her telling Tommen one day he would be king seemed like she knew in her heart that Joffrey is too wicked to last . . . or she was afraid they had lost . . but regardless . . :cool4:

Archived