[Book Spoilers] Lena Headey was brilliant!

Melifeather

I think the best performance of the night was Lena Headley's Cersei. I'm a Stannis lover too, but I thought GRRM provided some real "meat" for Lena to flesh out for the viewers what the book readers already know and understand: that the book Cersei is a stronger female character than how she has been portrayed on the show. What were some of your favorite lines that she had tonight?

But apparently not so brilliant that she has earned the right to have her name spelled properly.

Her last name is "Headey". No L.

I guess I'm the first to disagree here. I think she's done a bang up great job this season, but last night I found myself getting annoyed during a couple of her scenes. I think it had something to do with her 'drunken' delivery. I'll have to watch it again to get a better grasp on why it annoyed me, but it did. (I think I was also annoyed that she pulled Shae into a conversation b/c Cersei would never do that, but that doesn't speak to her acting so it's a moot point).

Lena Headey was great in this episode -- but she had great material to act as Martin knows Cersei much better than David and Dan do. Martin brought out book!Cersei and I was glad to see it. Lena Headey played her perfectly and I just hope we'll see more of her like that.

drunkenness + recklessness + obnoxiousness = stronger character? i really don't think so. :P But totally agree on the performance part; she was amazing idd.

Perhaps "stronger" wasn't the best choice of word, but I was referring to some of the changes that the show has done versus how it was done in the books. For example, the killing of Robert's bastards was Cersei's work in the books, but in the tv version, it's Joffrey.

But apparently not so brilliant that she has earned the right to have her name spelled properly.

Her last name is "Headey". No L.

I realized my mistake immediately after starting this thread, but was unable to correct it last night as it didn't post right away. I had to wait until this morning to find my thread and it had two pages of comments before I could make any changes. I don't think I can edit the subject heading, but I will try.

But apparently not so brilliant that she has earned the right to have her name spelled properly. Her last name is "Headey". No L.

Erm that's a little intense. Sometimes people just make mistakes.

Lena is awesome, and I am really glad that more of Cersei's evilness has come out. Even though I haven't always thought of her as the perfect Cersei, she is starting to fit more and more. I think Lena understands her. I did think she was acting really drunk though last night but didn't look it.

She was hot as hell in that pseudo-Lannister armour dress, too. ^_^

YEEEEEEsSSSSssSSSSSAss!

Headey is smoking and her Cersei this episode was absolutely tittilating. Im trying to be semi classy here but that woman is smooookiing and i want to do terribly delicious things to her. Now

Lena was spot on this episode. I agree with mostly everybody here, she deserves some recognition. I actually prefer Lena's portrayal of Cersei than Cersei in the books. Her scene with Tommen actually made me tear. That was one of the best moments of the episode for me.

Lena Headey was great in this episode -- but she had great material to act as Martin knows Cersei much better than David and Dan do. Martin brought out book!Cersei and I was glad to see it. Lena Headey played her perfectly and I just hope we'll see more of her like that.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. The reason most of us didn't like Cerscei in the first season is because she is nothing like book Cersei. In the books Cersei was all wild fire (what was it that Kevan said ?) and raw emotion, like a female version of Jaime and i think Headey is incapable of playing her like that so she turned her into a bitter and sarcastic Ice Queen in stead. Alot of fun to watch, but not the Cersei we know.

I actually felt a little sorry for Maisie Williams because it seems to me that Lena Headey might have just wrestled an Emmy away from an 11 year old girl....

According to IMDB, Maisie Williams is fifteen. Just nitpicking.

According to IMDB, Maisie Williams is fifteen. Just nitpicking.

Yes, I know this... I was just trying to give dramatic effect and use the character's age...

One other point is that there was no one submitted for a lead acting role from this series. I think that Dinkledge might have beaten the stranglehold that Bryan Cranston has on that one this year and the show could have won four this year. One for Peter as best actor in a drama, one for Alfe Allen as best supporting, one for Lena Headey. as best actress, and Maisie for best supporting.

As it stands, I think that Peter has his already wrapped, and Lena will be a strong favorite.

Archived