[Book Spoilers] Lena Headey was brilliant!

Melifeather

Yes, I know this... I was just trying to give dramatic effect and use the character's age...

One other point is that there was no one submitted for a lead acting role from this series. I think that Dinkledge might have beaten the stranglehold that Bryan Cranston has on that one this year and the show could have won four this year. One for Peter as best actor in a drama, one for Alfe Allen as best supporting, one for Lena Headey. as best actress, and Maisie for best supporting.

As it stands, I think that Peter has his already wrapped, and Lena will be a strong favorite.

im sorry but Arya hasnt done anything this season emmy worthy

She has a no nudity clause, so probably just weird angling or a body double....

Out of curiosity, how do you know that?Surprises me a little because hasn't she done it before (in 300)? In any case, I don't think you need to see her fully naked to get the point across.

I know a lot of people don't really care for the show's portrayal of Cersei but please don't blame it on Lena Headey ... she is a fantastic actor, really. If you don't like the personality then blame the writers as that's how they've chosen to portray Cersei for this series. Personally I really like her as a more 'ice queen' sort of character - it gives more realistic life to a Queen who has both succeeded and failed in many ways. She's true to the Lannister arrogance and pride.

I'll also agree that Cersei's scenes this episode were truly amazing. I loved her drunken taunting of Sansa and how much she despised the 'hens' in the room, which I remember being one of the key points during the same scenes of the book... how much she despised their frailty and weakness and she was forced to do her 'duty' as queen in supporting them while they cowered - but instead got completely drunk and obnoxious haha.

I also loved how after explaining to Sansa what would really happen if the walls were breached and the men reached them - Sansa quickly started gulping down her wine. Hah...priceless.

Lena Headey was fantastic as Cersei - I have always been a big fan of her in the role.

But then again I have always liked the more 'rounded' Cersei of the show compared to the more 'eeeevil' Cersei of books 1-3.

I agree with you - having her show a 'weaker' or 'softer' side, even affectionate works for the series where a lot of what she did or how she behaved in the books would not have tranlated to screen in a way viewers could identify with and even admire/hate etc. I think she's more well rounded as well.

Loved Lena's performance. Can't wait to see her and Tywin sparring next season.

Out of curiosity, how do you know that?Surprises me a little because hasn't she done it before (in 300)? In any case, I don't think you need to see her fully naked to get the point across.

I read the same thing, can't remember where though. She did use a body double for the first episode's sex scene. Perhaps the pay just isn't enough.

I can't stand Lena but I can't figure out if its because I hate Cersei so much or if its her. I do think her acting is better this season (last season all she did was wrinkle her brow and look out) but I still can't stand her. So maybe she is a good actor because she gets such a strong negative reaction from me. Her evil Cersei was well played in the Blackwater episode.

It bothers me that we have more of Cersei coming in future books. When I mentioned Cersei after reading the 5th book my husband who has not read the books said "She is still alive? You have to be kidding me!". Honestly,the character has done enough damage that she should have been killed off by someone by now. Why couldn't Varys take care of her along with her uncle?

Lena was spot on this episode. I agree with mostly everybody here, she deserves some recognition. I actually prefer Lena's portrayal of Cersei than Cersei in the books. Her scene with Tommen actually made me tear. That was one of the best moments of the episode for me.

I agree. The Blackwater episode humanized Cersei for me and I started to sympathize with her! LOL

Loved the scene on the throne, though the ending itself with tywin/loras storming in was a bit to abrupt for me.

It would have been abrupt if you didn't catch that the rider on the white horse coming through the fog/mist was Renly's ghost. Someone posted a screen shot and you have to zoom in really close to see his crown. The tv show has to condense a lot of material, but I much prefer GRRM's adaptation than what has been done with the previous episodes this season.

I can't stand Lena but I can't figure out if its because I hate Cersei so much or if its her. I do think her acting is better this season (last season all she did was wrinkle her brow and look out) but I still can't stand her. So maybe she is a good actor because she gets such a strong negative reaction from me. Her evil Cersei was well played in the Blackwater episode.

It bothers me that we have more of Cersei coming in future books. When I mentioned Cersei after reading the 5th book my husband who has not read the books said "She is still alive? You have to be kidding me!". Honestly,the character has done enough damage that she should have been killed off by someone by now. Why couldn't Varys take care of her along with her uncle?

Well thats the point Varys wants her too do as much damage as possible. They have a little dialogue before he kills him in which Varys states that he is undoing so much of the damage that the queen did and that he therefore must die (Or something along those lines atleast, it has been a while).

Loved Lena's performance. Can't wait to see her and Tywin sparring next season.

I read the same thing, can't remember where though. She did use a body double for the first episode's sex scene. Perhaps the pay just isn't enough.

I heard about the body double too, but assumed it was because she was pregnant during Season 1 filming. I'm just surprised that a woman can get a job on an HBO show and not have to take her clothes off.

In the Kingswood, there lived a mother lion with her cub. She loved him very much. But there were other things that lived in the woods, evil things. Like stags and wolves...he could hear them howling in the night. Little cub was frightened. His mother said: 'You are a lion my son, you mustn't be afraid. For one day, all the beasts will bow to you and you will be king. All the stags will bow, all the wolves will bow, the bears in the north and the foxes of the south. All the birds in the sky and the bees in the sea. They will all come to you little lion...to rest a crown upon your head.'

Cub said: 'Will I be strong and fierce like my father?' 'Yes,' said his mother. 'You will be strong and fierce, just like your father.'

That will keep you safe my love. I promise you....

This gave me chills..... She was brilliant....

Well thats the point Varys wants her too do as much damage as possible. They have a little dialogue before he kills him in which Varys states that he is undoing so much of the damage that the queen did and that he therefore must die (Or something along those lines atleast, it has been a while).

You're right, now I remember. I had forgotten that. He wants her to do as much destruction as possible and then (my opinoin) his Blackfyre imposter will be more acceptable when he enters into the Westeros game of thrones - or whatever other reason Varys may want to keep her alive. Thanks for reminding me!

My wife finally got to watch the episode last night, so I watched again with her. I didn't catch it the first time, but I love how it seems like Cersei is turning the whole time into Maegors with Sansa into a drinking game. Like it's a big game of "asshole" or something.

Said something dumb little dove? Drink.

Said something about the gods? drink.

Said something? drink.

sitting there breathing? drink.

My wife finally got to watch the episode last night, so I watched again with her. I didn't catch it the first time, but I love how it seems like Cersei is turning the whole time into Maegors with Sansa into a drinking game. Like it's a big game of "asshole" or something.

Said something dumb little dove? Drink.

Said something about the gods? drink.

Said something? drink.

sitting there breathing? drink.

LOL, I think she won.

Archived