Rains of Castamere

Mixta

Well. Since it's not a thread yet at least in the episode's page, I'll ask: Opinions on the Rains of Castamere? I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a bit more country or firefly-theme styled than I might have expected, but I think it worked and I definitely think it'll work well in its later appearances (different circumstances and different people playing it).

They managed to combine the two greatest things ever: The National and aSoIaF.

This. My two favourite things in the entire world. I only have one complaint -- it's awesomeness was beyond my comprehension.

I also loved the way they introduced it now in a very memorable way, so that it can be even more memorable in the future scene that we're all waiting for.

Loved it. Wasn't expecting to see it this season/maybe ever but I loved it's inclusion and the song is so haunting in the end credits. Perfect way to end the episode.

As an aside I felt the score throughout was phenomenal.

Oh yes, that was a very nice one. His voice is breath-taking, pretty perfect if you ask me. And the song in combination with the ending scene where Tywin looks like he's the ruler of the whole world, wow. But the whole episode was perfect. GRRM did a perfect job, again.

The end version was very haunting, a good sign of how it will be used later in the series and its importance.

This.

I think I'll be crying when they start singing this at a certain wedding...

EDIT: Just saw the thread does not have the book spoiler warning.

Don't mess with Tywin Lannister . . . period. As long as Tywin and Tyrion are around the Lannisters are unbeatable . . and it is clear that the Starks are clearly in danger. Winterfell in Iron Born hands, The Tyrells and Lannisters united, Their only chance at an ally in ruins . . . welp they are in trouble.

I've always imagined it as having the melody of the chorus from A Place to Survive by VdGG, but this works too. If they have someone else sing it one more time to really make it stick and associate it with the Lannisters, even the non-book readers may realise that something's wrong when a certain group of particularly shitty musicians start playing it...

I've always imagined it as having the melody of the chorus from A Place to Survive by VdGG, but this works too. If they have someone else sing it one more time to really make it stick and associate it with the Lannisters, even the non-book readers may realise that something's wrong when a certain group of particularly shitty musicians start playing it...

Heh, in my head I've always pictured it to the tune of Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve. But the National's rendition is great!

Does anyone else think the band should guest star as the minstrels at the Red Wedding?

Archived