Is Cersei really a good mother?

RockoftheLions

Everything Cersei mostly does is to ensure that her children survives. And I blame Maggie here. I admit Cersei is rather terrible, and her means cannot be defended. But you need not quote Stannis and his righteous goal because, ensuring survival is a rather worthy cause. Why would you bring the incest, yes it does make Cersei's job a million times much more difficult. (Like tying a stone to your feet before going on deep waters) thats beside the point.

You are barking at the wrong tree here. Can't believe I am protecting Cersei, lol. I don't like her one bit. But the deed is done, all that shes left with is her children, and Maggie's prophecy. Again Cersei doesn't know what else to be other than being an entitled bitch. If she did what Ned asked and flee, she thinks she and her children would not survive.

Like i said before, ensuring your kids survival isnt being a parent. Its the bare minimum of parenting.

They were her pawns, and Tyrion hadn't asked for permission to play them. BTW, Craster was just as furious when he suspected someone of messing with his daughters. They were possessive, that's all.

This right here. Cersei "pines" for Tommen because he isnt under her dominating influence, rather he could be under the Tyrells or Kevean's influence. An occassional longing from Cersei for Tommen is far more likely to be from guilt imo, from what ive seen of cersei's personality.

I think there's a ton of blinders going on here. I hear people saying "no she's not a good mother, BUT". You're either a good mother or you arent. As far as raising kids, i dont give 2 shits what your parents were like orthis influence or that influence. You dont get excuses, passes, etc. sure some kids are just going to turn out badly will wind up as messes, but we have pov's of cersei and I see zero parenting going on.

I know people with great parents that are not horriffic parents and vice versa.

You can love your kids and still be a rotten, terrible, mother. Especially if your name is Cersei Lannister.

Craster and Cersei - now there's a match made in heaven. Incest heaven.

More like a match made in hell.

"from what I've seen of Joffrey you are as unfit a mother as you are a ruler." That is coming from, not Tyrion, the Starks or any of her enemies, but from her uncle, Kevan. That says a lot.

I don't think she is a *good mother*, but I do think she thinks she's a good mother.

I do believe that she loves her children, but I think her love for her children is often times overshadowed by her love for the power that she has access to through her children.

To put all of it simply.

Kat would give up any power she has for the sake of her children ( She let Jaime go,gave up upper hand in war just for a remote chance to see her daughters again ) Cersei would never give up her power for the sake of her kids.She only sees her kids as means to get more power.She's awful mother IMO. I was prepares to give her a benefit of a doubt up until AFFC. Then was pretty obvious from her treatment of poor Tommen that she only cares for Cercei.

Cersei is far from a favorite of mine, she is a player in the Game of Thrones. In the Game of Thrones you win or you die. She does seem to love her children. She does seem concerned about their welfare and safety. However, like many of the Ladies and Queens its not very clear how involved they are in the raising of children. I m not sure I would rate any of them as "good mothers." However, by Westeros standards , she is above average. Westeros is a place where you send off your son's at 12 to another castle to be squires etc, chase 2+ sons away at young age, trade your daughters at 12 for more power etc... not a lot of good mothers there, but its the Westeros way.

Archived