Who is the main Arch-Villain of the Series?

BinkyBonks

Who will turn out to be the principal bad guy of the series?

Roose Bolton? Littlefinger? Mellisandre? Varys? Who will it be?

Personally, I'm throwing in with Roose Bolton. He's so much more unambiguously evil than all the other characters. He's as clever as they come, and doesn't take half the risks that Littlefinger takes. Perhaps most important, he recognizes the power of magic -- and this is borne out by his regular leechings and his taking Qyburn into his employ.

Littlefinger, we're already clued into his schemes. Ditto Varys, if his epilogue soliloquy is to be believed. Mellisandre, we get a PoV chapter of her. Roose Bolton is still a mystery to us, and there's no doubt he's keeping something (or more likely many somethings) up his sleeve.

Well, there's always the Others maybe. Inhumanity is pretty bad, and so are Littlefinger and Roose, but it turns out that all the scheming and backstabbing in the world can't save you from a zombie apocolypse.

I think it'd be kind of fitting actually to see all of their schemes and plans collapse like a house of cards in the face of the simple, harsh, brutal reality of an immediate and deadly supernatural invasion. All that skill at the Game ... and suddenly, it means less than the dung stuck to the sole of your boot. Surprise, filth.

Every story needs to have an arch-villain.

It is known.

This story is a little different, there are quite a few 'evil' characters and even more that are in a morally grey area, it's what makes it so interesting rather than the traditional good hero triumphs over evil nemesis and saves the realm.

This story is a little different, there are quite a few 'evil' characters and even more that are in a morally grey area, it's what makes it so interesting rather than the traditional good hero triumphs over evil nemesis and saves the realm.

I agree, GRRM said he doesn't do the dark lord and his evil minions kind of fiction. He prefers the Achilles vs Hector kind of hero vs hero. There are multiple villains in this series, but no one is the Palpatine or Sauron of the series.

I agree, GRRM said he doesn't do the dark lord and his evil minions kind of fiction. He prefers the Achilles vs Hector kind of hero vs hero. There are multiple villains in this series, but no one is the Palpatine or Sauron of the series.

Where's the grey in Roose Bolton?

He's evil, I tell you! Evil!

It's a really refreshing way of doing things, it just makes it that much more intriguing to read.

Where's the grey in Roose Bolton?

He's evil, I tell you! Evil!

Yes he is unquestionably evil and doesn't have good intentions for the land but he also doesn't have the kind of power or Dark Overlord status either,he is just another man currying for power in The Game Of Thrones.

Arch Villain was King Joffrey but since he died there has been a nice "arch villain" hole. Ramsay and Roose are evil but are not as powerful as Joffrey was. . Cersei was nasty in "AFFC" but she was so dumb that she ended up locked up where many dumb folks do every single day.

I guess the Arch Villain is the Great White Walker aka The Great Other . . .once he gets going GRRM's whole world is doomed.

Archived