Tapatalk/Facebook Issue

J_Crews

When I created my account here on the forum, I used the Login with Facebook option. Now the Tapatalk app for my Blackberry is asking for an actual login/password. Can somebody (Ran, or anyone with system-side access) look and see what the system shows as my login/password, please?

I really, really, really don't want to have to start over at 0 posts. :bawl: :bang:

To clarify a bit better: When I signed-up, I never chose a username/login or a password -- I just clicked Login with Facebook (damn my lazy hide!), and the system ported everything over, picture and all. I have now setup a password in the account settings, where it says something about a "mobile skin," but I can't see anything about a login. J_Crews is just a Display Name; I need to know what the system sees me as when I'm logged-in.

Make sense?

1) If I remember right, the login name defaults to your Facebook display name at time of signup. (So, for instance, if I had signed up via Facebook I would be 'Rachel Blackman' as my login name.)

2) ...but I think you can log in with the email address tied to your account, which in your case would be whatever email is associated with Facebook.

1) If I remember right, the login name defaults to your Facebook display name at time of signup. (So, for instance, if I had signed up via Facebook I would be 'Rachel Blackman' as my login name.)

2) ...but I think you can log in with the email address tied to your account, which in your case would be whatever email is associated with Facebook.

I tried the email, but it was a no go. I'll give the other a shot, though. Thanks! :)

And, just for the record in case anyone else has the same issue, that booger was case-sensitive and everything. Thanks to Sparks and Ran (who emailed me privately with my account details within moments of Sparks' helping hand).

• 1 month later...

Hrm, no changes made of late. Unless they've updated the software again and haven't sent a notice. Unfortunately, I'll be traveling all of today, so can't look into it until tomorrow.

This is most likely an issue with Tapatalk, not Westeros; I use Tapatalk to keep up on a few other boards as well, and they've all given me the same issue sporadically over the past week or so.

In the meantime, if the issue persists the fix is just to log out on Tapatalk (i.e., go back to the account screen, then go out to Springboard and kill Tapatalk manually by double-tapping the Home button, then pressing and holding the Tapatalk icon and tapping the little delete/minus icon) and back in (reopen Tapatalk, tap the entry for the affected board again), which recreates your Tapatalk session and should give you a few more days of uninterrupted use.

If *that* doesn't work, you might have a different problem.

I'm getting a message on my iPhone that the taptalk plugin is restricting access or isn't working properly and to contact my forum admin. anything I can do to resolve this on my end or is this anything you guys have encountered before? Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same problem. I can access my other forums via Tapatalk, but not this one. :bawl:

• 4 months later...

Finally figured out what was going wrong... There is another forum that pops up when you search for a forum of ice and fire through taptalk. I searched again and was able to find the real forum. Connected to that no problem and am posting this from my jail broken iPhone 4s with Installous TapTalk. As is often the case, this was a matter of operator error. Thanks again for all of the help!

Archived