Which House do you want to be born in and why?

Dzeser

lol no definitely not the Starks.

First of all Starks don't own *all that land. They are the overlords of other lords, they don't collect taxes from them so essentially they own very little (just Winterfell and surrounding areas). In fact I can bet they are not as rich as the Manderlys their underlings.

The North to me always seems a bit archaic, like the old northern european societies, where they elect a high king (lp of the north in this case) and basically more or less free to do what they like. It just so happens that the Starks are a old noble house and most powerful one in the North, and their rulers seems to be fair and just, so that most of the North (except the Boltons) are very loyal to the Starks, that is why you have this picture of the North as a whole.

If you look at the south, during Robert's Rebellion (or any other major conflicts for that matter), the landed lords basically sides with whoever they want (and no necessary the side chosen by their liege lords). So I view it as more of a free-for-all or everyone-for-themselves kind of thing.

So obviously I would want to choose a great house (for power). But if I want to have more fun in politicking I could choose a lesser house and work my way up, or play kingmaker. So in this view I would maybe choose the Boltons, or may be Hightowers or the Freys.

Bolton is easy, If I was Roose I kill ramsay straightaway and try to live long enough to get some sane sons to take over, and afterwards conspire the eastern coastal lords of the North to take out the Starks (might be hard to do because the honor thing in the North).

Hightower is so easy is not even funny. I feel that the Hightowers are actually more powerful than the Tyrells because they have more land and Oldtown, If I could secure the alliance with the Tarlys and Redwynes then Tyrells are toast.

Freys... need I say more lol?

I do really like House Stark and I would love to have my own direwolf :)

But since I am female and don´t want to live a tipical "lady life" and would want to learn fighting I choose House Martell.

They have a more liberal opinion of women. I could be the ruler of the house in my own name, but grewing up as a bastard daughter of the red viper is also a good option since I could live the life I want instead of needing to marry someone for political reasons and being ruler is no job I am so much interested in. Besides the Sand Snakes are regarded as members of the family and I think bastards are more accepted in Dorne than in the other part of the 7 Kingdoms. And of course Oberyn is a cool father :)

House Reed would also be nice, I could learn both magic and fighting there and they are Northmen and Stark loyalists.

Archived