Confessions......Say what!

I have read books in my language with translated names and names in phonetic transcription. Lot of time I don't join discussion on forum because I am not sure how names in English are spelled or can't remember what is original name of certain character. :(

Wiki is helpful, but by the time I go to check spelling of the name I forget what I wanted to say.

English is my native tongue but I still forget names and mess up spelling. Sometimes I don't even recognise characters other people mention (Aurane Waters?). :laugh:

English is my native tongue but I still forget names and mess up spelling. Sometimes I don't even recognise characters other people mention (Aurane Waters?). :laugh:

Same here - I suspect I'm too stupid and uncool to be on this forum. Proof: Am watching The Hangover II and am laughing. Again.

- I loved Ygritte and hated that she died. I wanted Jon to marry her, forget everything south of the Wall.and make a life with the Wildlings.

- I adore Sandor Clegane and need him to survive the series and finally find some happiness. I will be bitterly disappointed if he dies, or if he succumbs to kinslaying and finally has his way with Gregor. I want him to still be his badass self, but without the hatred.

- I ship San/San but not romantically. I want them to love and respect each other and settle down to a nice peaceful life in each other's company, but not as lovers or spouses. Like BFFs, basically.

- I freaking love Varys,and as much as I would like to hate Littlefinger, I don't.

- I don't really buy R+L=J.

- Sansa drives me up a wall and I couldn't care less what happens to her except in furthering Sandor's plot. I wish GRRM had found a more worthy woman in the story for him to love - someone still sweet and innocent but less annoying, naive and needy. Someone who could hold her own, at least a little bit.

- I ship San/San but not romantically. I want them to love and respect each other and settle down to a nice peaceful life in each other's company, but not as lovers or spouses. Like BFFs, basically.

- Sansa drives me up a wall and I couldn't care less what happens to her except in furthering Sandor's plot. I wish GRRM had found a more worthy woman in the story for him to love - someone still sweet and innocent but less annoying, naive and needy. Someone who could hold her own, at least a little bit.

I have no idea how you can hold both of these opinions at the same time.

I have no idea how you can hold both of these opinions at the same time.

They're really not that disparate.

I like them together and enjoy their dynamic, and I hope that they retire quietly somewhere and maintain a close, platonic friendship. Lady of Winterfell/Master at arms. Queen in the North/Captain of the Guard. That kind of thing. I don't want them banging like rabbits or eloping to the sunny Summer Isles.

Sansa by herself is incredibly annoying to me, and I would be much less interested in her story if Sandor's didn't tie to hers. Obviously I accept and enjoy that her innocence is what GRRM intended he be attracted to, but I think him making her a bit tougher would have been more interesting and would have made a bit more sense (given Sandor's personality). But I accept what it is.

They're really not that disparate.

I like them together and enjoy their dynamic, and I hope that they retire quietly somewhere and maintain a close, platonic friendship. Lady of Winterfell/Master at arms. Queen in the North/Captain of the Guard. That kind of thing. I don't want them banging like rabbits or eloping to the sunny Summer Isles.

Sansa by herself is incredibly annoying to me, and I would be much less interested in her story if Sandor's didn't tie to hers. Obviously I accept and enjoy that her innocence is what GRRM intended he be attracted to, but I think him making her a bit tougher would have been more interesting and would have made a bit more sense (given Sandor's personality). But I accept what it is.

It seems strange that you would be in favour of a ship, albeit a non-romantic one, where you like only the one participant and is actively annoyed by the other. Would it be fair to say that you like the way the Sandor/Sansa interactions reveal/expose/develop Sandor's character? That seems reasonable enough to me, and it would therefore make sense to wish for future interactions between the two of them... but that doesn't strike me as "shipping SanSan."

It seems strange that you would be in favour of a ship, albeit a non-romantic one, where you like only the one participant and is actively annoyed by the other. Would it be fair to say that you like the way the Sandor/Sansa interactions reveal/expose/develop Sandor's character? That seems reasonable enough to me, and it would therefore make sense to wish for future interactions between the two of them... but that doesn't strike me as "shipping SanSan."

As I said, I enjoy them together. Yes, I like the way their story arc develops Sandor's character, and I hope for future interactions. A platonic ship is still a ship, and I "ship" them in the sense that I want them to end up together (in a non-sexual way).

Have you ever know a couple where they were boatloads of fun together, but one just grated on you when you interact with them separately? You find them irritating, but you can appreciate that the person you find so irritating makes your other friend very happy, and that makes YOU happy. You don't wish them ill, or hope for things to fall apart, you just... avoid single social interactions with the irritating party. You don't need to be OMGWTF in love with both parties to like what they become together.

That's how I feel about Sansa, during her non-Sandor related moments. Doesn't mean I hate her or want her dead in the books.

Maybe it would make it clearer if I took out the part about "shipping" them and just said that I like the way they play out together and I don't want them humping.

- I loved Ygritte and hated that she died. I wanted Jon to marry her, forget everything south of the Wall.and make a life with the Wildlings.

Yes. I go as far to say that I don't want Jon to be with another woman...EVER! I firmly stand by the belief that Ygritte was his one true love and he won't be breaking his oath again. Not even for Val(who I do like but I don't want them to happen) and Dany(who I also like but hate the theory that her and Jon have an epic love affair that awaits them :ack: )

Of all the deaths in the series, the one that stands out the most for me has always been Maester Cressen's.

And right up until his death (WAY too early), Viserys was my favorite character. I remember thinking in the first few Dany chapters, 'this guy is not appreciating the reality of his situation, but at least he knows what he wants'.

I am so conflicted about Arya. I want her to live at the end of the series but I just can't see her fitting in anywhere in Westeros and I can't imagine her married and settled. If anything, perhaps she would live in Dorne or go back to Braavos. Her adolescence has been anything but sedentary and that I feel she would always be craving something, I don't know, a bit more; I can see her as forever restless for a different adventure or another. It's just a personal opinion but I'd rather have her go out in some sort of heroic, epic way that benefits the realm somehow.

I adore the Hound so much. He just needs the right woman to make him bathe, eat proper food, and quit drinking. And that would be me. :)

I challenge you to a duel for Sandor's love!

:fencing:

( :leaving: )

Archived