Great Jon

Dolorous Ed

Barristan Selmy

Theon/Reek

Jeyne Westerling Stark and son

Howland Reed

Benjen Stark

Ser Barristan? - no, he will go out fighting, dying with his sword in hand

Varys will survive, because the likes of him always survive, as bug in your bed, as roach under your table or as spider in the spiderweb right beside your ear, he will adapt to every government to come.

And Sam, I am confident he will survive :)

I think the remaining Starks will survive. Not sure about Lady Stoneheart, but Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon and Jon are going to survive, I think. I don't see how their deaths could improve the story. I hope GRRM thinks the same.. (:

Daenerys, probably.

Stannis.

Samwell.

Theon and Asha.

Jaime and Brienne.

The Martells, maybe Doran will eventually die. Arianne would be a possibility too.

About the Tyrells I'm not sure. I wish they all die, except for Garlan, but I think a lot of them will survive..

For all the talk how nobody is safe, the main characters are pretty much safe. Tyrion, Dany, Sansa, Arya, Bran, Theon, Victarion... those are pretty much guaranteed to last until the very last book.

Much more interesting is predict who is going to die in the next - and supposedly next-to-last - book. My guess is that Jaime, Stannis, Griff, Jorah and Davos will bite it. Maybe Cersei too, but she could survive us yet, I think; same with Littlefinger.

If I say who I want to make it to the end, my list would have only one name: Stannis.

But let's get real, it's not very likely that he'll survive to the end, so I hope he dies a hero, sword in hand, fighting the Others. The true King. The only King who cared for the good of the Realm. :crying:

But like I said, it's not very likely he'll make it to the end, so here's my list of who seems most likely to survive:

Sansa - Her time with Littlefinger has made her smarter and she has more insight into the Game. She's either going to marry Harry the Heir and rule the Vale, return to Winterfell and raise House Stark to it's former glory or both of those. Whatever happens, I think Sansa's future looks bright.

Bran - He will replace Bloodraven and become the Last Greenseer.

Asha - I think she will eventually become the first female ruler of the Ironborn. Stannis is going to release her or she's going to escape. I don't think Euron and Victarion have a lot of time left in this world, so after they bite it, she will be the only Greyjoy who is viable for the Seasotone Chair. They're certainly not going to pick Theon over her.

Arianne - It doesn't matter whether or not " Aegon " is real, things will be bad for her and Dorne. But I think she'll make it, against the odds and become Princess of Dorne.

There's a lot more POVs, and if I think of anyone else who might survive I'll post them here.

If you mean who will make it to the last book alive, then Jon, Tyrion, Daenerys, Bran, Sansa and Arya are guaranteed to do so. If you mean who mill make it to the end of the series alive, I think the best bets are Bran and Sansa.

I want Dany dead, so she would survive. Same goes for Sansa.

I want Arya alive with her wolf army, and if GRRM kills her, I'll stop reading. And I think Samwell and Bran would survive as well.

I like the one about Dolorous Edd surviving, just his luck!!!

I have no predictions to speak of.

I'm basically just trying to assume everyone will die except the horrible people like Littlefinger, who will all get everything they ever wanted and more. That way, anything that happens to the contrary will be a pleasant surprise.

I don't expect many pleasant surprises.

Did GRRM actually confirm Jon being alive, or is that really our wishful thinking on his "Oh, you think he's dead?" bit?

It doesn't make sense for him to be dead for good. I'm lazy so I wouldn't write the reason for you, but you can find it being heavily discussed in some thread.

And when an interviewer asked GRRM why he killed Jon he said: "Oh, you think he’s dead, do you?"

Archived