Which characters will make it to the end

Fassbender

I have a new theory about the over-the-top degree of mutilation in this book series - that it actually signifies who will survive, that other than the Stark children, all of whom i think will live, to keep your head you have to lose some toes... or a hand... or suffer disfigurement... or become diseased or be in some way transformed physically. Thus, I vote for Jaime (hand), Theon (toes, fingers), the Greatjon (fingers), Davos (fingers), Myrcella (ear), perhaps Jon Snow (burned hand), Tyrion (no nose), maybe Dany (if her barrenness exists and counts), Shireen (greyscale issues), oh, and Brienne (facial disfigurement from bite). Oh, and Loras, depending on what you believe about his burns. And Varys (how could i forget!). Sandor Clegane (burns).

Bad luck to you Ramsay and Roose Bolton/Cercei Lannister/Stannis and debatably Melisandre (depends on how she actually looks), Mance Rayder, Mace Tyrell, Littlefinger, Asha Greyjoy, Jorah Mormont, Margaery Tyrell, Arianne and Doran Martell, "Aegon," and whomever else.

It is ridiculous that it is actually incredibly difficult to come up with important characters who are NOT disfigured/mutilated in some way. And there's still 2 books to go. George R.R. Martin, you are a strange man.

I have a new theory about the over-the-top degree of mutilation in this book series - that it actually signifies who will survive, that other than the Stark children, all of whom i think will live, to keep your head you have to lose some toes... or a hand... or suffer disfigurement... or become diseased or be in some way transformed physically. Thus, I vote for Jaime (hand), Theon (toes, fingers), the Greatjon (fingers), Davos (fingers), Myrcella (ear), perhaps Jon Snow (burned hand), Tyrion (no nose), maybe Dany (if her barrenness exists and counts), Shireen (greyscale issues), oh, and Brienne (facial disfigurement from bite). Oh, and Loras, depending on what you believe about his burns. And Varys (how could i forget!). Sandor Clegane (burns).

Bad luck to you Ramsay and Roose Bolton/Cercei Lannister/Stannis and debatably Melisandre (depends on how she actually looks), Mance Rayder, Mace Tyrell, Littlefinger, Asha Greyjoy, Jorah Mormont, Margaery Tyrell, Arianne and Doran Martell, "Aegon," and whomever else.

It is ridiculous that it is actually incredibly difficult to come up with important characters who are NOT disfigured/mutilated in some way. And there's still 2 books to go. George R.R. Martin, you are a strange man.

Does Jorah's slaver tattoo thing count?

Just Rickon and tommen. I think he will skip forward in time 5 years and they will be the only ones that don,t get themselves killed. Then I predict a strong friendship between them will Tommen on the Iron throne and Rickon King in the north!

Sansa - will beome a power

Rickon - the Stark in Winterfell

Arya - warrior for her brother

Jon - Azor Azai

Tyrion - too much fun to die (wishful thinking?)

Sam - maester for the Night's Watch

I think Jaime and Cersei will die together, as they came into the world. Maybe he will kill her?

Not sure about anyone else. I would love for Brienne to survive.

I know I posted but it must have got lost, glad I saved it in my notes:

Sansa - hopefully Regent to either brother, or QON or Queen of Westeros or Lady of a very great house, possible but hope not, she stays as Alayne.

Bran- hopefully not a tree

Rickon- To continue on Stark line

Asha or Theon but not both

Jon or Danny but not both, prefer Jon

Gendry

Dollerous Edd

Samwell

Wylla Manderly - To long to add here but reminding her Grandfather in front of the Freys of her house debt to the Starks, real badass

Lyanna Mormont - House Mormont knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is Stark.” again badass

Rest below are my hopes :

Arya

Meera Reed

Jeyne Westerly with babe, of course if she turns out not who she seems, then she goes the way of her mom.

Edric Storm

Davos

Brieene

Myrcella or Tommen not both

Mance Rayder

Gilly

Thormund Giantsbane

WunWun

Tyrion

Black Fish

Sweet Robin

Jorah Mormont

Who should die

Cersei

Lord Baleish ( but he just may win or at least live)

Jamie

All Freys involved with RW, but the others live but loose everything or given a smaller house to the Freys who remained loyal to Robb.

Roose, Ramsey and any Bolton heir to the dreadfort

Lady Catlyn- let her find out her children live then pass on.

Theon - feel bad for the guy so conflicted.

The Hound - saving Sansa or Arya

Barristan Selmy - in a glorious death protecting possible rightful ruler of Westeros ( who ever that is )

Slavery but may not go entirely

Varys and Irrilio?

Euron

Victorion.

The Others if they are truly evil ( which seems to be so)

Dragons because they really can't be controlled.

I'm guessing Sansa and Tyrion will live. I have a feeling Sweetrobin will survive too, as well as Tommen, Bran (albeit in a rootedy to the ground kind of way) and Rickon.

I think, and would make some sense, that Arya, Theon, Jaime, Stannis and Dany will die. A hunch I guess.

Survivors: Sansa, Arya, Bran, Rickon, Tyrion, Margaery, Stannis, Robert Arryn, Shireen

People I hope will survive: Tommen and Myrcella (poor kids...)

Who I think may die: Dany, Jon, LF, Varys

Who I predict not who I am rooting for necessarily:

Sansa

Arya

Bran

Sam

Tyrion

Great Jon

Dolorous Ed

Barristan Selmy

Theon/Reek

Jeyne Westerling Stark and son

Howland Reed

Benjen Stark

sry to dissapoint but GreatJon is dead. Is there a Middlejon? XD.

Anyway:

Sansa

Jeyne and son

Arya

Garlan Tyrell

Willas tyrell

Edric Storm

Dany

Jorah

Ned Dayne (w00t sword of mourning 2.0 or like 87.0 XD seeing as there could be a lot of them in the past.)

Dickon Tarly

Maester Sam Tarly

Grenn

Sandor Clegane

Areo Hotah

Jaime

Tyrion

Mance

Giantsbane

Horn blower from last nights GOT XD.

2 of the 3 Dragons

Bronn

Rickon

Many small folk

2 sand snakes

Quentyn Martell

Balon Swann

Jon Snow.... not

Meera and Jojen

did i miss anyone?

sry to dissapoint but GreatJon is dead. Is there a Middlejon? XD.

GreatJon is a prisoner of the Freys'

Arya will definitely survive with Nymeria at her heels

Sansa as the new lady of Casterly Rock

Tyrion Dies

Jon lives, RIckon Lives & bran

Well I got a feeling more then a few of the characters named in this thread will die before the end. Of course we don't know which is what makes it so much fun. To answer "who will still be alive after the last page of the series", I'll name 5 main characters I am about 90% sure will live:

Sansa - she is too important for the realm for anyone to kill, IMO

Sam - he has survived so much, can't believe he will suddenly start getting unlucky.

Varys - he can hide in plain site, obviously very tough to kill

Tyrion - too smart to get himself killed

Sandor - he just has to be able to get revenge on is brother before the end, right? (wishful thinking)

Sansa - will beome a power

Rickon - the Stark in Winterfell

Arya - warrior for her brother

Jon - Azor Azai

Tyrion - too much fun to die (wishful thinking?)

Sam - maester for the Night's Watch

I think Jaime and Cersei will die together, as they came into the world. Maybe he will kill her?

Not sure about anyone else. I would love for Brienne to survive.

Jon fans are blind

Arya - If she dies I will hunt Martin down.

Theon - He's so close to death that he has to live.

Bran - You cannot kill a man tree.

Rickon - He is just too cool to kill.

Sam - His fat shields him from all.

Gendry - The Bull will live on.

Sansa - I think Martin has a soft spot for her.

Doran - He's too damned smart to die.

Hodor - The same reason as Doran.

Doran - He's too damned smart to die.

Wait, what? When did Doran ever do anything to show exceptional intelligence? All he's ever demonstrated he can do is sit and wait endlessly. His "master plan" was stupid, and despite waiting like 15 years, he never bothered to have anyone sent out to do recon and gather info on Viserys and later Daenerys. Unsuprisingly, said stupid plan also fell apart magnificently.

He may well survive to the end, but that's only because he's so trivial and just utterly inert as to potentially be ignored by everyone. Rather like how you normally don't bother trying to engage a tree stump as an opponent.

Archived