Lyanna Stark

Arya of Winterfell

It seem for the suggestions so far that folks are casting her based on the novels, yet TV Lyanna Stark would be a bit different especially if she isn't just Jon Snow's auntie. Granted she totally could end up not being Jon Snow's bio mom since folks have been making the case for and against that theory for quite some time (personally think it's an awesome one), but I guess who out there looks a lot like Kit Harington as to keep us guessing up until the end.

It seem for the suggestions so far that folks are casting her based on the novels, yet TV Lyanna Stark would be a bit different especially if she isn't just Jon Snow's auntie. Granted she totally could end up not being Jon Snow's bio mom since folks have been making the case for and against that theory for quite some time (personally think it's an awesome one), but I guess who out there looks a lot like Kit Harington as to keep us guessing up until the end.

Imo most of the TV actors don't have these distinct family looks, like in the books.

Take Cat and her children (Robb, Sansa, Bran), i would say Sansa (Sophie Turner) is actually the only one of those who has the Tully look (Auburn hair, blue eyes).

IMO Lyanna needs a bit longer face and still be super hot (she has to be super hot, there was a war because of her!)

The family look wouldn't be as important in the show, especially since the point of origin for R+L=J are Ned's thaughts, which are left out of the TV show completly

Imo most of the TV actors don't have these distinct family looks, like in the books.

Take Cat and her children (Robb, Sansa, Bran), i would say Sansa (Sophie Turner) is actually the only one of those who has the Tully look (Auburn hair, blue eyes).

IMO Lyanna needs a bit longer face and still be super hot (she has to be super hot, there was a war because of her!)

The family look wouldn't be as important in the show, especially since the point of origin for R+L=J are Ned's thaughts, which are left out of the TV show completly

While Lyanna Stark's being a more willing partcipant in her so-called abduction is played down in the TV series although her role in why Robert and Cersei's marriage is so awful is played up in the TV series.

Casting Lyanna Stark is about as hard as casting Helen of Troy. No actress alive would live up to it.

I don't agree on TV-only folks not know about the mystery of Jon Snow's mother or that popular theory that it's Lyanna Stark. It's on the Internet everywhere. It wouldn't be totally out to lunch on the TV. I do think TV-only fans wouldn't care that much about the description of House Stark members looking like wolves with long faces and noses. The statue of Lyanna Stark doesn't show her either really. She kind of looks like Kit Harington. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110320132407/gameofthrones/images/thumb/3/38/Lyanna%27s_statue.jpg/640px-Lyanna%27s_statue.jpg

Robb has Tully looks IMO. That said, Lyanna doesnt need to be the hottest woman alive, I rather doubt that's why Rhaegar fell for her, he had beautiful women all around him his entire life as anyone in his position would, he likely fell for her because she was so different from all the other women he'd known, her free spirit probabaly brought out a part of him he never knew existed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hayley Atwell is very beautiful and a good actress. She could pass off as Lyanna, however, I think her facial features are too delicate. Lyanna is a wolf and I'd expect her to have a fiercer look.

I also love Sarah Bolger, but I don't think she looks like a Stark. The current Stark's in the series get away with not looking totally Northern due to being half Tully, but Lyanna's parents are both of the North.

IMO, the best and somewhat realistic contenders are:

Jessica Brown Findlay aged 23, an English Actress.

Lucy Griffiths aged 26, an English Actress.

Katie Mcgrath aged 29, an Irish Actress.

Kate Bracken, please!

- technically a Being Human British version spoiler here, would have shown better clips but they would entail massive spoilers

http://www.equity.org.uk/public/images/1kate-bracken-2527b.jpg

http://db2.stb.s-msn.com/i/D7/BD3686B475AC9C0205532546CBAA.jpg

http://unitedagents.co.uk/sites/default/files/Kate%20Bracken%202.jpg

aged 22, Scottish actress

Katie Mcgrath.... Really? Her acting relies on smirking at everyone, and Mcgrath is a classic beauty. Lyanna isn't your typical pretty girl, I picture Ellen Page as Lyanna when I read the books, but obviously she's too big of an actress and is American.

I know she is american but what anout hailee steinfeld with conracts

Eye colour does not seem to be very important, since in the books the Targaryen's purple eyes are kind of a big deal, but they skipped out on it on the show. Have you seen Steinfeld's acting? If they put her anywhere near the show I'll send a Dothraki tribe on D&D

If only Eva Green is not that old. *sigh* If Lyanna did not die and was in hiding and then all of a sudden resurfaced with Howland Reed then go for it and get that role, Eva!

For a more realistic option, I'd go for Sarah Bolger. She does look like Maisie Williams and would go well with the whole "Arya looks like Lyanna" thing. I also miss her accent.

Sarah Bolger really does look like Maisie. But, also, another interesting parallel is the fact that Sarah Bolger also looks like Natalie Dormer to me, heh. This is pretty appropriate considering Renly and Loras were trying to play up some similarity in appearance between Marge and Lyanna -- even if Ned was quick to squash it.

Archived