Lyanna Stark

Arya of Winterfell

Apparently I need to get out more because I haven't heard of most of these actresses. Interesting suggestions though. I have to say there are some pics online of Sarah Bolger where she looks like an older version of Maisie Williams which makes her my pick for Lyanna (assuming we ever see the character in the series).

• 3 months later...

Not to mention and no offence to the actress, but I've always found Katie McGrath's acting on Merlin to be pretty poor and wooden. She seemed to rely too much on the classic "evil-person-glare, turn away, evil-person-smirk" formula that it became unbearable.

Personally I could see someone like Jessica Brown Findlay.

You should re-watch S1 & S2 she was written better, so it was pulled off better.

I thought that Astrid Berges- Frisbey would be the perfect Lyanna as soon as I saw her

http://2.bp.blogspot...%255B1%255D.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot...gs/s1600/27.jpg

What do you think?

While I think she can pull off the role as far as looks go I don't see much fire in her though I could be wrong, I think it's essential that actress playing Lyanna be able to exude a passion and fire that would enthrall an emo boy like Rhaegar, allowing him to finally let go and really enjoy life for the first time.

Too bad Jennifer Connelly is not nearly young enough...she looks pretty Stark-ish to me. And she's way too big a star to get for a flashback anyway. And American as well. I think she's got the look though, when I think Stark woman, I think dark with light skin and a longer face...the girl who plays Arya has got the coloring but I've always thought she was a little off in the face (don't get me wrong, she's adorable and will obviously grow up to be a good-looking woman from what I can see)...at any rate, I like the fact that a lot of the casting are relative unknowns (or at the least, unknown to me).

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently I need to get out more because I haven't heard of most of these actresses. Interesting suggestions though. I have to say there are some pics online of Sarah Bolger where she looks like an older version of Maisie Williams which makes her my pick for Lyanna (assuming we ever see the character in the series).

I think Sarah Bolger would be outstanding, not only is she beautiful but she looks like she could be Maisie Williams cousin.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit. That Katie McGrath girl is spot-on the way I envisioned Lyanna. Too bad the consensus is that her acting sucks. :(

And I have a huge crush on both Eva Green and Liv Tyler, but...not quite Lyanna's flavor and too old, methinks. The other actresses, I think, don't have quite the Stark north look but are all quite lovely. Or a bit too fluffy-cheeked, whereas I pictured Lyanna as kind of a windblown, gaunt, haunting kind of beauty. Meh.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to agree; either Eva Green or Katie McGrath

Holy shit. That Katie McGrath girl is spot-on the way I envisioned Lyanna. Too bad the consensus is that her acting sucks. :(

I'm not sure where this "consensus" comes from. It sounds to me like people are basing her entire acting career on the part she plays in Merlin. It's a family show, certain changes have to be made that don't really show off an actor's true potential. From what I've seen of her other work, I'd say McGrath could more than hold her own.

Archived