Lyanna Stark

Arya of Winterfell

Yes just like Shireen apparently being a blondie... only seen from the imdb page so far so I guess we have to wait until we actually meet her. but c'mon after the focus in S1 about the Lannister kids being 'golden haired' you think they'd get Shireen's right! UNLESS.... No.. No no no no.

Maybe Stannis's seed didn't make the cut. :laugh:

Besides Jon Snow also having those trademark House Stark greyish-blue eyed and they cast dark brown eyed Kit Harington, Edmure Tully was a House Tully trademark redhair and they didn't bother with dying Tobias Menzies though they did dye Kate Dickie's hair in Season One. I think they are caring less and less about these House [Fill in the blank] trademarks.

Ok, if you're making the argument that it doesn't matter what eye color the actress has than it cannot be essential that Lyanna has brown eyes. It might make sense that Snow has brown eyes because we actually don't know who his parents are. As far as Menzies goes, he plays a good idiot but I didnt want him as Edmure, I even started a thread about how he looks nothing like a Tully.

Ok, if you're making the argument that it doesn't matter what eye color the actress has than it cannot be essential that Lyanna has brown eyes. It might make sense that Snow has brown eyes because we actually don't know who his parents are. As far as Menzies goes, he plays a good idiot but I didnt want him as Edmure, I even started a thread about how he looks nothing like a Tully.

I making the case that the actress cast should look like Kit Harington more then her description in the source material.

Based on what? We don't know who Snow's parents are.

Yeah, but c'mon, it's been pretty much an open secret for 15 years now and most everybody else is willing to acknowledge that. And either way, Jon Snow as played by Kit Hartington is suppose to be our standard Stark in the looks department and so I go more with a Kit Harington looking actress for Lyanna Stark rather then then the description from the source material.

Yeah, but c'mon, it's been pretty much an open secret for 15 years now and most everybody else is willing to acknowledge that. And either way, Jon Snow as played by Kit Hartington is suppose to be our standard Stark in the looks department and so I go more with a Kit Harington looking actress for Lyanna Stark rather then then the description from the source material.

Is GRRM willing to acknowledge it? At this point it's nothing more than speculation, I wouldnt be basing casting decisions on it unless Martin whispered it in my ear. What we do have is a confirmation in the books that Starks have blue-grey eyes, I don't see a reason to stray from that, especially with so many beautiful actresses with blue eyes and dark brown hair on speculation and possibly a bad casting decision with Harrington.

Is GRRM willing to acknowledge it? At this point it's nothing more than speculation, I wouldnt be basing casting decisions on it unless Martin whispered it in my ear. What we do have is a confirmation in the books that Starks have blue-grey eyes, I don't see a reason to stray from that, especially with so many beautiful actresses with blue eyes and dark brown hair on speculation and possibly a bad casting decision with Harrington.

GMMR did whisper it into the ears of the two co-creators of the TV series so they know if Lyanna Stark is or isn't Jon Snow's mom. Harington being cast or not is a separate debate, but it's done and his eye color was minor in it, if not a total non-factor. They've also strayed from that already since Kit Harington (dark brown), Sean Bean (green), Maisie Williams (brownish green), etc... don't have greyish blue eyes and they've been clear that regardless of what hardcore readers feel, they've stop listening to the complaints about "this doesn't match the books." If all that matters about a character is eye color, then that isn't much of character. The Starks are more then just physical descriptions and even then, they are in the general area of them anyhow (Sophie Turner's natural blonde hair and Michelle Fairley's natural dark brown hair dyed red). If that really matters, fine. I don't care that much if at all about it. I'm more in the camp that likes the actors who are family to look alike then match the book descriptions. Still, even if they did cast a greyish blue eyed actress as Lyanna Stark, I wouldn't really mind that much either.

My choice would be Eva Green..her looks are very suitable for the series and I love her performances in movies....besides Eva Green maybe Emma Watson..because whenever i see Maisie who plays Arya i'm always reminded of a younger Emma.....Or maybe Jessica Brown Findlay from Downton Abbey

I think Jenna-Louise Coleman could probably be a good Lyanna Stark. After all, her boyfriend is Robb Stark. Katie McGrath and Hayley Atwell would be okay too. I've also thought Jenna Lind, who was recently in Spartacus would be good, so would Gwendoline Taylor, who as also in Spartacus. In fact, seeing her in this last season, she seems to have the physical characteristics of Lyanna.

As far as Rhaegar, again, another actor from Spartacus. Todd Lasance, who played Julius Caesar this past season. I don't know, he just seems like someone who could play that role well.

It doesn't matter. Sean Bean was 51 years old when he played Eddard, who has 35. Kit is 26 and he plays a teenager.

I think they aged everyone up in the show and made it a longer gap in between the Rebellion and where GoT starts so Ned and the gang are in their 40's

Some of you are picking actresses that have the Tully look.

I think Oona Chaplin has more of the "horse face" and dark hair that Starks supposedly had (look at the guy who plays Benjen, I forget his name), but we're done with her.

I like that India Eisley girl that somebody mentioned. Never saw her before.

Eva Green i think is way too old, even considering how they are aging up some of the characters for modern sake.

Kristen Stewart? She did a good job as Joan Jett in The Runaways. (JUST KIDDING! --I mean, she actually was good in that bio-pic but not for GoT obviously :closedeyes:

you my friend gave me a BIG laugh

:agree: If Lyanna is casted for TV then I completely agree because it needs to make sense that Jon doesn't have the Targ look as he takes after his mother.

Charlize Theron would want to be in GoT as the other thread has said. This is the perfect opportunity to cast her. Maybe too old, but it is so easy for actresses to lose 15 years. make up artists are so good these days..

Charlize Theron would have been the perfect casting for Cersei but not for Lyanna.

Archived