holy cow what an ending i thought they couldn't top last weeks but wow is all ive got to say wrapped up yet started the next journey for next year

its got me wanting to read all the books and i was lost for a second when the third horn blew i was like what so scary about a snow storm wait holy cow no way and wow what will happen?

1. Dragons eat sort of meat as long as it's cooked.

2. Stannis didn't want to use Melisandre in the battle because he thought that if he had won people would say it was Melisandre who won the battle.

1. Cool, then they can just prepare it themselves with breathing fire.

2. Fair enough, did not go very well though - retreat!

I agree with you, BaleriOne. There doesn't seem to be a lot of emphasis on Westeros being aware of the dragons. It seems like information is traveling back & forth between the islands pretty freely -- why would the existence of dragons not be FREAKING PEOPLE OUT?

Indeed, just some whispers in the wind. Alot of people saw the Comet, but only a few knew it was a telltale of the return of the dragons. surely the Dragons will get more attention in s03.

Sansa -- come on girl! You had a free ticket with the Hound, but you stuck around? And now you're out of your obligation, but you tell Littlefinger you want to stay in King's Landing? What is wrong with that chick? Or maybe that little smile she gave as she started walking is the indicator and she's going to look for the Hound after all... hmm...

Her character development have been nill. She is still an aimless child, lost - without direction. Certainly not queen material.

A couple of theories I have now that both the seasons are over:

Littlefinger & Varys -- they are definitely more in control of EVERYTHING than we realize. It's not just the information they have/get, it's how freely they are able to move around without much impediment. I am seeing Littlefinger & Margery as the King & Queen with Varys as the Hand of the King.

Hmm not seeing Littlefinger as king, he's the Loke-figure, the infinite jester without the laughs, the finger tickling the spider's web interrogating flies, the two-face - the unexpected turn.

Jon & Ygritte -- oh yeah, they're gonna get together. And I think Jon will become the Lord Commander of the Wall (at least) after the battle that appears to be imminent. I wonder if Jon might go back to Winterfell once Bran & Rickon find him; then they'll rebuild the city together.

Jon most def going to be king of the wall. From zero to hero. What's up with Rickon?

He's said three lines in two seasons and is merely an extra - get rid of him or move him up with some magic or personal traits of value for plot.

Robb, Catelyn -- I have a bad feeling about them. Somehow I don't expect them to ever see Winterfell (burned down or otherwise) again. And it makes me sad, because I (like almost everyone) totally love the Starks.

Yes, they both need to die. Too positive characters, too good - to much of a herostory here. Catelyn is annoying, and a bad strategist. Robb's had a lot of beginner's luck, his marriage with that nurse bypassing his committment to the castle on the bridge girl is going to cost him a lot for sure, bad karma.

Tyrion -- something's going to happen and he's going to either leave King's Landing or be cast out. I'd like to think Shae will go with him, but now that Tywin is in town, he's going to be pretty upset that Tyrion defied his order.

He's staying for sure, he's the lead and needs to be in the middle of the gut. Long climb back up for sure - a father son conflict!

Joffrey -- he's going to get it. Hard. Bad. And he totally deserves it. I'm hoping it'll be Stannis that does it, or maybe one of Stannis & Melisandre's black, juicy smoke demons.

Joffrey needs to kill himself, that'd be a worthy death for him, total humiliation. He's gone soon for sure.

Daenerys -- as much as I'd love for her & Jorah to get together, she intends to be Queen and I can't see him as her King. He'll be her Captain of the King's Guard or whatever. She's going to do some damage with those dragons though. And it seems obvious that the dragons will be what repels the white walkers -- it is a song of ICE and FIRE, after all. But, she won't make it to the throne. Remember, I have Littlefinger & Margery in that spot...

Jorah seems really week actually, a bit of a wuss - not convincing as a protector. I think he is playing a double game. Daenerys hair will probably change at some point as the dragons gain power.

Jorah leaks information to the Spider as a deal for having him redeemed, my own theory.

BaleriOne

• 2 weeks later...

Something seems strange. Why do the white walkers leave people to live? Take Sam at the end.. And the beginning of the first ever episode of the first season, they let that man live too who abandoned his post. It never explained that...

Something seems strange. Why do the white walkers leave people to live? Take Sam at the end.. And the beginning of the first ever episode of the first season, they let that man live too who abandoned his post. It never explained that...

I think the Whitewalkers have a bigger mission and ethos behind their campaign of reclaiming the world than just killing without any differentiation. The one from s01e01 potentially was left to live to send a message that they were coming. Sam potentially left because of his insignificance to the event taking place.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the Whitewalkers have a bigger mission and ethos behind their campaign of reclaiming the world than just killing without any differentiation. The one from s01e01 potentially was left to live to send a message that they were coming. Sam potentially left because of his insignificance to the event taking place.

Or Sam was so afraid, that he was colder than the Whitewalkers.

great episode, absolutely loved it.

however, few questions as well.

wasn't Stannis Baratheon taken hostage on the wall in King's Landing by the Lannister soldiers? why is he at home free??

also, didn't quite understand why Sansa was still at King's Landing. wasn't she supposed to run away with "Dog"?

SHe looked ready to go and it wasnt really explained why she didnt. :( She would have been better off with him than with LittleFinger - he was the closest thing to a true knight she was ever going to find.

Maybe they thought he was too insignificant at the time given the larger goal. They might come back to get him (if we didnt know he survives)

• 6 months later...

Jorah seems really week actually, a bit of a wuss - not convincing as a protector. I think he is playing a double game. Daenerys hair will probably change at some point as the dragons gain power.

Jorah leaks information to the Spider as a deal for having him redeemed, my own theory.

BaleriOne

Huh?

No, Jorah is not playing a double-game anymore. He had his chance to walk away and allow Dani to be assassinated. And, he would have had everything he lost restored to him back in Westeros... for whatever that's worth during a Civil War!

He's one of the faithful.

Why are people amazed that word gets back to King's Landing about Dani AFTER she gets to Qarth. Its a whole bloody city with ships coming and going every day. People talk, after all, wouldn't it be more amazing if nobody bothered to mention it while trading?