Jon Lives and Is Reborn

theHoodedBard

If it's true that AA is supposed to bring about an endless summer that's not a balance. AA is also thought to be the instrument of the Red God which may just mean fire magic.

"Azor Ahai returned...and her triumph over darkness will bring a summer that will never end...death itself will bend its knee, and all those who die fighting in her cause shall be reborn..."

I think the Last Hero was the Night's King and maybe Bran the Builder.

It's possible that Mel just mistakes Stannis for being the wrong hero. He will be the champion of the other side. I think if there's supposed to be a reprisal of that role it will be done by Stannis IMO.

I think that Dawn was the first LB though. If you look in House Dayne's words threads the possible theories of what this house's words should be make me believe it more. See Ran's post:

http://asoiaf.wester...se-dayne-words/

About the NW I think it's possible that many of them will turn into wights.

When Jon talks about the NW going to Hardhome Patchface says:

"I will lead it!" His bells rang merrily. "We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh."

I think he was saying that he would lead them to their deaths.

Mel says:

Melisandre’s face darkened. "That creature is dangerous. Many a time I have glimpsed him in my flames. Sometimes there are skulls about him, and his lips are red with blood."

I wouldn't be surprised if he does something in the future.

EDIT: There's also the fact that Patchface may not have only been referring to Jon when he said that under the sea the crows are white as snow.

In Jon's dream NW men were on fire:

Burning shafts hissed upward, trailing tongues of fire. Scarecrow brothers tumbled down, black cloaks ablaze. "Snow," an eagle cried, as foemen scuttled up the ice like spiders. Jon was armored in black ice, but his blade burned red in his fist. As the dead men reached the top of the Wall he sent them down to die again. He slew a greybeard and a beardless boy, a giant, a gaunt man with filed teeth, a girl with thick red hair. Too late he recognized Ygritte. She was gone as quick as she’d appeared.

I might as well read with one eye shut.

My point still stands: family heirloom, plenty of folks still alive and deserving of said heirloom, gave it away to a boy he's known for eightish weeks.

There are other ways of showing gratitude/favour.

its a family heirloom passed from father to son, like Apple said when Jorah left Bear Island to escape Ned, he left the sword behind and Maege decided to return it to Jeor. Granted Jeor could have turned around and given it back to her, but seeing as how she took the time to bring it to him at the wall Im relatively certain she didnt intend to own it. Yes he had only known Jon for a few weeks, but 1) Jon saved his life. Jeor is at the wall & has nothing else of value to my knowledge so how else is he supposed to show gratitude. Somehow I dont think a simple 'thank you' would suffice. 2) Jeor is grooming Jon to be a Lord Commander of the NW, possibly even his immediate successor (which he in fact becomes) so its possible that he intended it (Claw) to serve as a sign of the office at some juncture. Just like other Valyrian swords are passed down to the leader of their respective houses, Longclaw could be passed down to LC's.

goodness, people here r a bit sensitive....

My pt mistaken was just because there arent clues for something doesnt mean it doesnt exist or isnt a possibility.

And if you think Martin, whose entire series is draped in mystery, doesnt make them a lot harder to figure out due to these fansites your crazy, he commented on it years ago......

The answers i referred to were for ones that indicate the coming Night.... there are few

goodness, people here r a bit sensitive....

My pt mistaken was just because there arent clues for something doesnt mean it doesnt exist or isnt a possibility.

And if you think Martin, whose entire series is draped in mystery, doesnt make them a lot harder to figure out due to these fansites your crazy, he commented on it years ago......

The answers i referred to were for ones that indicate the coming Night.... there are few

Not that people are "sensitive," but more like "puzzled" as to why you had started a thread like this, but keep insisting that we should not base predictions on clues. Coming up with theories without trying to tie them back into textual "clues" is kind of like writing fan-fiction. If that was your intention, then I'm sorry I misunderstood. I guess I'm not sure what you wanted to talk about if you don't like posters using "clues" from the text to debate the theories.

More than likely Jon will survive and imo he will survive the normal way without any red god magic. Probably see Jon's POV through Ghost for a couple of chapters while he recovers, also probable that he will have some of the dreams that Bran was having while he was basically in a coma.

Jon has been set up throughout the entirety of the series as someone better than just a bastard. This leads me to believe that whatever martin's end game for him is, it will be great and memorable. Not like getting killed by a couple of disgruntled NW brothers with no real overall plot purpose other than to other the readers.

On the topic of Jon leaving the NW and breaking his vows. It seems to me that being threatened by Ramsey Bolton is just enough reason to go and mess him up. They cannot defend themselves from the south so the only logical idea would be to take a pre-emptive strike. Just on his vows, his view on them has slowly been changing as the series has progressed and its not just about sticking to them as in they are black and white, its about doing what serves the greater purpose and in this I think he has changed his views on what honour is. He has killed a NW brother, had sex with a wilding and joined the wilding cause for a given time. Pretty sure those actions basically ruin his honour as a black brother but he has come out of it stronger and more importantly wiser.

Just a little comparison between Jon/Robb and Ned Stark.

Robb followed everything that Ned would've done and was the most honourable King going around til the whole marrying the wrong person thing. While Jon has always been trying to emulate Ned because he is essentially perfect as Lord of Winterfell. But what I'm trying to get at is that Jon is learning to compromise with the situations he finds himself in and to in a way put his 'honour' away to go along with something that would go against his honour, like all the things i have mentioned above. Jon has learnt to be wiser of his actions and has become a true leader(gathering the respect of Stannis, Mel(kinda) and getting the Wildings under the banner of the NW). While Robb got himself killed and his most powerful bannerman in Roose Bolton turned on him becasue he didn't seem tough enough(also because Roose is power hungry dick).

LongClaw is not Lightbringer, that would just be all to...clean and not to mention kinda tacky. Its Jon's sword and will likely play a part in future events. One idea i have had about LongClaw is that Jorah manages to get back on Dany's good side and Dany somehow manges to EVENTUALLY get herself and an army to Westeros (longshot just keep with me here :P). When that happens when Dany might see this Jon Snow/Stark/Targ (whatever) and to stop conflict between to the two armies Jon gives Jorah the Mormont Blade(LongClaw) and you know happy times before the Others onslaught. Just a little theory there and would stop the possible conundrum of Jon having Lightbringer(if its a sword) and LongClaw.

On Jon being AA and all that, his dream of wearing; correct me if im wring here, Ice black armour wielding red burning sword casting down the Others and the wights. To me that a dream inspired either by being around Mel, something wargish, contact with the CotF or maybe all three but Jon undeniably has power as a warg and as a leader so if GRRM does kill him it would be the worst plot event for the entire aSoIaF series just in terms of what happens afterwards.

Archived