Jon Lives and Is Reborn

theHoodedBard

Jon Snow undoubtedly is not dead. Four stab wounds and some cold is far from death and help is nearby.

Mel has something to do with it and knows who Jon is.

(When she is looking for Azor in the fire at one point, there are a few interesting things, but in the end when looking for azai, "All she sees is Snow" hmmmmmmm. hello)

She may have caused the attempted murder so she can make him reborn through salt and smoke...... Is it not also possible Longclaw has some secret history as well, Lightbringer perhaps, stayed close to wall with Mormonts, or even one of the lost swords from the original dragon riding sisters of original Aegon that conquered westeros.

The others are coming and the nights watch is HELPLESS to stop them. The only way to slow them down will be to blow the Horn and take the wall down, John will do this, and this will wake dragons hidden inside the wall.......This makes perfect sense..... Children of forest hid dragons in wall (in stone somehow, and not farfetched considering danys stone eggs) knowing they are greatest weapon against the others and Wights. They knew they would return.... and over the years its highly unlikely the others would be returning if they hadnt figured how to pass the Wall. DOnt underestimate the Others... they are an intelligent Sapien (or Homo) species that will attack with as much intellect as strength.

Jons "death" gives him an out to leave the nights watch vow behind to if necessary as well......

Im surprised how many people think he will come back as a wight or in Ghost........ not happening , this is the way, it is written

I do agree with you that Jon is not dead, he's more of a tank then that. However I highly doubt that longclaw is lightbringer. I also don't believe that there are dragons under the wall, they are under winterfell :P Danys stone eggs are stone because over thousands of years they petrified. I doubt a whole dragon could petrify. I also don't understand why pulling DOWN the wall would help? I mean it's kept them out for this long, remember there is old magic in it. Surely keeping up the big protective wall is more sensible. Oh and Jon will get his dragon it just recently escaped winterfell

I hope he does come back. I also hope that when he comes back he is less concerned about the realm and everything and more concerned about kicking individual ass.

"Whats up Bowen MArsh, whats that, you want a piece?"

Slap-Slappity-slap-slap

"Yo Alliser Thorne, get that punk ass over here"

Slap-Slap

"Yeah, what now Bitches? Yo, NW, lets go to Winterfell for some Bolton Flaying, then come back here and standfast against the Others!"

Personally, I'd prefer it if he woke up from his wounds, healed and then decided "Damn the Wall and damn my vows. I'm sick of getting pushed around fro one bad situation to the next.", renounced his oaths and rode to WF with Mel, some loyal men and the Wildlings.

Could Longclaw be Dark Sister? Bloodraven wielded her and he went to the wall?

The Mormomts have had it for generations.

Until Jorah decided to pass over all of his daughters and instead give the sword to a guy he's known for eight weeks.

Personally, I'd prefer it if he woke up from his wounds, healed and then decided "Damn the Wall and damn my vows. I'm sick of getting pushed around fro one bad situation to the next.", renounced his oaths and rode to WF with Mel, some loyal men and the Wildlings.

Yeah, a situation where he just turns on his vows is preferable to some lawyerly weaseling out of "Oh, I technically died so my watch is ended."

There are multiple parts to the vow, those parts come into conflict and choices must be made. The most important one is to guard the realms of men, I think he'll give that one priority but still kick Bolton ass.

Until Jorah decided to pass over all of his daughters and instead give the sword to a guy he's known for eight weeks.

Not quite. Jorah left it on Bear Island when he went into exile — Jeor was already on the Wall. Maege was the Lady of Bear Island then and voluntarily brought the sword to Jeor on the Wall. Far as I'm concerned, she thought of it as his and he could do with it what he wanted.

I agree that Jon's resurrection is not a matter of if but how and when. One idea I saw, which I'm torn over, suggests that they'll try to burn his body and he'll walk out of his own funeral pyre (the "reborn" bit). While the imagery is kind of cool, I'm vehemently in the corner of "Targs are not fireproof." I suppose Melisandre could heal him with red god magic, or he could just survive his wounds. I'm thinking it will either be oddly mundane — he just heals normally — or terrifyingly awe-inspiring — he walks out of the funeral pyre or something similar. Nothing in between.

While the imagery is kind of cool, I'm vehemently in the corner of "Targs are not fireproof." I suppose Melisandre could heal him with red god magic, or he could just survive his wounds. I'm thinking it will either be oddly mundane — he just heals normally — or terrifyingly awe-inspiring — he walks out of the funeral pyre or something similar. Nothing in between.

Come now, GRRM is not going to go for oddly mundane! It will have to at least equal the birth of the dragons.

As for Targaryens being fireproof -- they aren't -- but, even saying that, the television series keeps going in that direction (i.e., the season finale that just aired). I can't help but wonder whether Jon will have a special circumstance event like Daenerys had.

I do agree with you that Jon is not dead, he's more of a tank then that. However I highly doubt that longclaw is lightbringer. I also don't believe that there are dragons under the wall, they are under winterfell :P Danys stone eggs are stone because over thousands of years they petrified. I doubt a whole dragon could petrify. I also don't understand why pulling DOWN the wall would help? I mean it's kept them out for this long, remember there is old magic in it. Surely keeping up the big protective wall is more sensible. Oh and Jon will get his dragon it just recently escaped winterfell

Couldn't Longclaw be reborn in fire as Lightbringer, since AA is suppose to be reborn as TPTWP? :P

Also, The Wall was built using magic, the same as Winterfell, so it's logical that there could be dragons within The Wall. Therefore, bringing down the wall could be extremely helpful. ^_^

This guy did save his life...just saying. :)

ETA: The vows of the Night's Watch have always stood out to me...and I think they speak volumes to what's going on at The Wall.

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all nights to come."

Come now, GRRM is not going to go for oddly mundane! It will have to at least equal the birth of the dragons.

I'm thinking more along those lines too, just hedging my bets. ;)

As for Targaryens being fireproof -- they aren't -- but, even saying that, the television series keeps going in that direction (i.e., the season finale that just aired). I can't help but wonder whether Jon will have a special circumstance event like Daenerys had.

Part of me thinks it'd be cool, and part of me thinks that if he does that, the whole Targs-aren't-fireproof thing might as be tossed or at least given heavy caveats.

And the dragons were clearly shooting fire around her. :P

Magic is usually muted but it occasionally just is out there. Shadow baby, Jaquen H'gar, even something as simple as the fire ladder. I'm of the belief that GRRM is about to crank it up a notch and leave no doubt. His blood is fire and really is smoking the same as the dragon in the gladiator pits of Mereen and Jon goes undeniably R+L=J AA 100% mode and the situation goes from bad to worse for Brutus and the rest of the Ides of March gang.

Do you guys think the NW members who took an attempt on Jon's life will be killed by him or someone else later down the road? Or will they be left alone.

I think Mel will incinerate them if she has the chance perhaps she will do this to ressurect or resusitate Jon, life must pay for life or is it death must pay for life, I don;'t know I get confused you get the idea though Depending on what happens I don't think Marsh and his buddies are going to last very long unless the conspiracy succeeds.

I hope he does come back. I also hope that when he comes back he is less concerned about the realm and everything and more concerned about kicking individual ass.

"Whats up Bowen MArsh, whats that, you want a piece?"

Slap-Slappity-slap-slap

"Yo Alliser Thorne, get that punk ass over here"

Slap-Slap

"Yeah, what now Bitches? Yo, NW, lets go to Winterfell for some Bolton Flaying, then come back here and standfast against the Others!"

Haha -- I'm hoping this exact exchange happens.

Magic is usually muted but it occasionally just is out there. Shadow baby, Jaquen H'gar, even something as simple as the fire ladder. I'm of the belief that GRRM is about to crank it up a notch and leave no doubt. His blood is fire and really is smoking the same as the dragon in the gladiator pits of Mereen and Jon goes undeniably R+L=J AA 100% mode and the situation goes from bad to worse for Brutus and the rest of the Ides of Marsh gang.

Fixed. B)

Archived