[Book Spoilers] Project: Screen-time of Characters

teemo

That is a ridiculous amount of screen time for Dany given the material she has in the books. Other than that I see no major problems with the list.

I certainly think that Roose and the Tyrells will be much higher on that list next year, as they should be.

Every single line I wanted Stannis to say was cut. Every last one of them.

I feel the same way about Sandor Clegane.

Also, I would expect (hope) that Tyrion's total time will go down next season. Dinklage was great but I felt, especially in the last few episodes, that there is to much of a good thing.

And hk47, a huge thank you for doing this! I've looked in to these threads after each episode to see if the character times match what I think they should be. I can not imagine how much work you put in to this.

Osha clocks in at 18:05, between Shae and Pycelle. She should have been a regular! Bronn, Lancel, Luwin, Pyatt, Talisa, Ygritte, and Jorah are also noticeable absentees.

if two pyatts are on screen, does this count double?

Osha clocks in at 18:05, between Shae and Pycelle. She should have been a regular! Bronn, Lancel, Luwin, Pyatt, Talisa, Ygritte, and Jorah are also noticeable absentees.

I'll probably go back when I get bored one day and do the rest. At times it was a little overwhelming. Jorah is basically Dany minus 10 minutes or so. I did some these by request (Xaro, Gendry), so I can do more. So far I have for requests:

Bronn

Lancel

Luwin

Pyatt

Osha

Talisa

Ygritte

Jorah

Rickon

Anyone else?

The fact that Theon has more screen time than Jon Snow really bothers me. I love Alfie, but come on.

Theon's story is much more compelling than Jon's in aCoK/Season 2. And it's much more HBO. Jon's is like a third of a coming of age arc.

I'll probably go back when I get bored one day and do the rest. At times it was a little overwhelming. Jorah is basically Dany minus 10 minutes or so. I did some these by request (Xaro, Gendry), so I can do more. So far I have for requests:

Bronn

Lancel

Luwin

Pyatt

Osha

Talisa

Ygritte

Jorah

Rickon

Anyone else?

HODOR

Bronn

Lancel

Luwin

Pyatt

Osha

Talisa

Ygritte

Jorah

Rickon

Anyone else?

I dont know, but if you ever felt like it, maybe it would be cool to do Direwolf screen time. I know it wouldn't be that much, but I still think it'd be cool.

I dont know, but if you ever felt like it, maybe it would be cool to do Direwolf screen time. I know it wouldn't be that much, but I still think it'd be cool.

These are estimates

Ghost: 1 min

Grey Wind: 2 min

Summer: 1 min

Shaggydog: 1 min

These are estimates

Why so much for Greywind? I think Summer and Shaggy have apperared more ... but, well, their appearances were all very short.

These are estimates

Don't go overboard with overestimations now, hah ;)

And yeah, I'll time the direwolves.

THESE ARE THE SCREEN-TIMES OF CHARACTERS FROM EPISODES 1-10 (it's over)

Stats for this episode:

Average length of a scene - 3:51 (it was 3:17 last week)

Longest scene - House of the Undying (8:12), followed by Theon @ Winterfell (7:27)

Most screen-time overall - Daenerys Targaryen (13:22)

1. Tyrion Lannister - 91:63
  2. Arya Stark - 59:38
  3. Cersei Lannister - 56:39
  4. Daenerys Targaryen - 53:24
  5. Theon Greyjoy - 49:22
  6. Jon Snow - 47:36
  7. Sansa Stark - 45:31
  8. Varys - 41:10
  9. Catelyn Stark - 36:44
  10. Joffrey Baratheon - 34:47
  11. Robb Stark - 34:42
  12. Petyr Baelish/Littlefinger - 33:57
  13. Davos Seaworth - 32:50
  14. Brienne Tarth - 32:06
  15. Sandor Clegane/The Hound - 30:20
  16. Stannis Baratheon - 29:39
  17. Tywin Lannister - 25:45
  18. Bran Stark - 24:09
  19. Jaime Lannister - 22:49
  20. Melisandre - 22:05
  21. Gendry - 22:05
  22. Xaro Xhoan Daxos - 21:21
  23. Renly Baratheon - 20:43
  24. Samwell Tarly - 20:09
  25. Shae - 20:05
  26. Grand Maester Pycelle - 17:02
  27. Margaery Tyrell - 15:52
  28. Ros - 15:28
  29. Loras Tyrell - 14:19
  30. Asha/Yara Greyjoy - 12:02
  31. Balon Greyjoy - 7:34
  32. Roose Bolton - 6:08

It is not odd , how a major plot pivot like Jaqen H'ghar does not even have enough time to make the list?

Alas this was true in the novel too.

THESE ARE THE SCREEN-TIMES OF CHARACTERS FROM EPISODES 1-10 (it's over)

Stats for this episode:

Average length of a scene - 3:51 (it was 3:17 last week)

Would you say that for 9 of the episodes length of a scene was an average of 4 min. ?

Was that even true for Blackwater?

More like 3:15. Even BBW episode was 3:17 I think.

See there is a problem right there. Now some of this 3:17 , no a lot, are wasted inventions that go nowhere.

But at that clip it's a hell of a problem to edit together unified episodes, this is a problem that needs solving.

Well for Blackwater, staying in one location smooths the continuity problem, so I exclude it.

See there is a problem right there. Now some of this 3:17 , no a lot, are wasted inventions that go nowhere.

But at that clip it's a hell of a problem to edit together unified episodes, this is a problem that needs solving.

Well for Blackwater, staying in one location smooths the continuity problem, so I exclude it.

I thought the average scene was going to be a lot longer in Blackwater since it was one big battle, but surprisingly, it wasn't. It still had the average 3:15 a scene thing going on.

Archived