[Book Spoilers] What is your favorite theory you've seen from non-readers?

sarah.jenice

I'm sad to see another great season of Game of Thrones go so I wanted to add a (hopefully) fun post for us.

I absolutely love reading theories on the series and especially enjoy seeing the ideas and reactions of non-readers and how they interpret where the show is going.

My current favorite is that the White Walker on the horse that Sam sees is Benjen Stark. I've seen some detailed arguments about it - he has long hair, his horse was black - and am so surprised to see it is really picking up speed as a valid theory.

What are your favorite theories that you've seen by non-readers (on the web or those you watch the show with)?

Oh, good topic! I though about that:

Well, my fiancée is convinced Arya is eventually going to be the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch (well..who knows?)

Not exactly a theory but a friend was happy after "Blackwater" because Tyrion was finally going to get the respect he deserves from his father (poor man..)

I hope this topic catches on, I would like to read some non-reader crazy-theories..

I liked the one about how Cat might be having Brienne take Jaime somewhere safe like Riverrun to hold him so Karstark wouldn't kill him, but not actually to King's Landing. I mean, dude - this is show CAT. As if she would think of something that makes that much sense.

Not exactly a theory but a friend was happy after "Blackwater" because Tyrion was finally going to get the respect he deserves from his father (poor man..)

Along similar lines, I know people who are happy because Dany is 'finally' going to Westeros...

Along similar lines, I know people who are happy because Dany is 'finally' going to Westeros...

Won't they be bummed when they find out that the big twist of the series is that Dany's ships drown crossing the Narrow Sea. She was born in a storm, she will die in a storm.

I've read all the books, but I recall the theories I had before I started ASoS:

- Arya will find Rob/Cat.

- Jaime will be traded for Sansa and some sort of treaty.

- Dany sails to Westeros.

- Robb regains the North.

- Dany allies with Dorne, and fights against Kings Landing. (eventually conquering).

- Dany fights with Robb for a while, and eventually they ally against the greater threat of the Others.

Man, how that flipped after the RW, but I imagine others had or have similar theories at this point.

- Dany sails to Westeros.

I'm hoping this is still a valid theory!

I asked my friend who would win the battle at King's Landing. He thought Stannis would easily win, but Joff and the Lannisters wouldn't die, they'd just run away.

Haven't spoken to him since the Blackwater ep but I'll be interested to hear what he thinks will happen next season.

I'm a reader as well, but as I was reading I had a few of these same theories (Robb winning the North and Sansa becoming Cersei 2.0 being a couple of them). Another I had early on and carried for quite some time was that Jon and Dany were destined to come to blows and then become lovers. yeah...

On Winter is Coming website, a couple people thought the old White Walker on the dead horse in the final scene was Benjen Stark (same long hair). Someone else thought it looked like Tywin Lannister and perhaps was a demonic double of him.

Thank you all for responding, and I hope more people do, too.

On Winter is Coming website, a couple people thought the old White Walker on the dead horse in the final scene was Benjen Stark (same long hair). Someone else thought it looked like Tywin Lannister and perhaps was a demonic double of him.

I've seen another one that I loved. The White Walker on the horse is the Mad King, Aerys Targaryen, because his hair is white.

I think the comment you are referring to from Winteriscoming.net is the one that gave me the idea to start this thread:

i got it [benjen is a WW] at the end, when the white walkers came and they panned up from the black white walker horse and the guy on top to me looked like a dead ass version of benjin because we never heard anything about him being alive since he left in season one and his horse was black and benjin had long hair about the same length of the white walker they shown. so yea thats my reasoning

Also, a friend asked me if this is going to be like the Matrix and Dany is "The One" because the visions she saw were traps trying to keep her from her destiny of saving the world.

Oh, good topic! I though about that:

Well, my fiancée is convinced Arya is eventually going to be the Lord Commander of the Nights Watch (well..who knows?)

I hope this topic catches on, I would like to read some non-reader crazy-theories..

Thank you!!

I just asked my non-reader friend if she had any theories. She said she didn't really because from what she's seen there's no telling what will happen to anyone. But she loves Sansa and thinks she will get her revenge on Joffrey. And she thinks Robb is screwed.

I've seen some people arguing that Dany will or should stay in Qarth because there's nobody left and she'll have time to get stronger before sailing to westeros.

And apparently they also have the Syrio=Jaqen theory .

Archived