Arya's character in the show.(Book spoilers)

KingWolf

No harm, no foul. Arya is still the same. Killing the stable boy is a clear killing for reason to all series viewers. Ordering the deaths of others are more. Contemplating killing Tywin is another. Wanting to go with Jaquen is still more. I don't find her as dark as many say even in the books. Was Ned Stark dark because he killed countless foes? Arya is just doing it in the only way that a 75 lb weakling can in a medieval world.

They've delayed her arc. It makes sense, given that nothing of that arc is even displayed until after Book 3's pivotal moment. I have a feeling that the entirety of her Season 4 character will be frustrated to the core, and only the next step in her life will be able to calm her down. The character has not been butchered as some claim, merely not developed in the same way this Season. The thing about development is that we cannot assume that it happened when we don't see it. Unless you really want some invented action scenes in Arya's storyline, there's no way to demonstrate her supposed "descent" until much later.

I think that Arya's character in Series 1 was great, stuck to the books and some great character development went on there. Then series 2 rolled around, and she's serving Tywin as the maid, but that's not what happens in the books until much later if I recall. She tells Jaqen the wrong names in the show, to in the books, it irked me somewhat that they've changed her character's story arc around a little in the show vs the books.

I agree with GoodGuyA about delaying her arc. For the show it makes sense to space out her development more over the seasons (at least 3 and 4 for everything in ASOS). In the books I was so disappointed how few chapters Arya had after ASOS. In my opinion it would make her character a bit frustrating to watch in the future if she made the transition to cold-blooded killer too quickly and then being stuck in a place Daenerys-style and not having much to do anymore until her time has come in GRRM's scheme of things to return and kick ass.

No harm, no foul. Arya is still the same. Killing the stable boy is a clear killing for reason to all series viewers. Ordering the deaths of others are more. Contemplating killing Tywin is another. Wanting to go with Jaquen is still more. I don't find her as dark as many say even in the books. Was Ned Stark dark because he killed countless foes? Arya is just doing it in the only way that a 75 lb weakling can in a medieval world.

She's nowhere near as dark as in the book, but i think its sufficient. It would take the entire 10 hrs of the season to adequately tell arya's story.

Obviously book arya (the best character imo) smashes show arya. But show arya is still a bamf.

Archived