Darkstar

just pointing out that there is a theory out there that says that Darkstar did in fact kill Myrcella, and that Doran is using her well-introduced look-alike maid as a proxy to delay the outbreak of war with the iron throne, or to plot something more twisted even.

Because, you know, it has been prophecized by Maggy the Frog that she will be crowned and killed, just like Joff and Tommen and I have a hard time seeing her return to KL, Tommen dying, her getting crowned even though she is a woman, and her subsequent dying, all in two books. Much more elegant if her "crown and shroud" already happened under our noses, which then redeems Darkstar the "lord-too-dumb-to-kill-a-girl"

I think Darkstar THINKS he's Aegon Targaryen, because he has spent years putting together all the clues (silver hair with a (dyed?) black streak, purple eyes, Gerold as a first name) and come to the obvious conclusion that he is destined for great things and must have a super-special background. He was hidden in obscurity! Because that's what happens to heroes!

Little things like his family telling him "Um, no, Gerold, we actually are your parents and you have our coloring," "Cousin Gerold, I remember when you were born and we named you after your great-grandfather," and "For that last time, dumbass, you're five years older that Aegon would have been had he lived" mean nothing! His theory is correct, goshdarnit, and his destiny will not be denied. It's GRRM's homage to all the dubious theories and even more dubious "evidence" of those theories that float around amongst readers of ASOIAF.

Archived