Who are your top four characters?

TheLastHero

1-Daenerys "Stormborn" Targarian....Dovahkiin!!! Drakarys! Drakarys! Drakarys! :bowdown:

2-Sansa Stark (that bit where she makes a Winterfell out of snow is just so sweet n cute)

3-Aeron Greyjoy Damphair and priest of the Drowned God captain of the Golden Storm! (he made me laugh so much)

4-Theon Greyjoy/Reek

1) Arya Stark & Sansa Stark:

There is no way I can choose between the two as to who would take the top spot. Arya was nine years old when she became a victim of war and it's conspicuous that she suffers from some form of extreme PTSD. She has:

- Heard her father being beheaded at the Sept of Baelor

- Survived in King's Landing by herself for some time after Ned's betrayal

- Killed a stable boy out of fear

- Been taken under the wing of the Night's Watch and disguised as a boy

- Had to defend herself and her friends when Ser Amory Loch's men attacked the barn with Yoren and the recruits

- Was on the run in the Riverlands both before and after Harrenhal with Gendry and Hot Pie, surviving on worms and whatever they could get their hands on

- Was caught by the Mountain's men and was made to watch for weeks the rest of the prisoners being tortured for information at Harrenhal

- Worked as a lowly and abused maid for most of her duration at Harrenhal, then became a cupbearer

- Was kidnapped time and time again when all she wanted was to reunite with her family (by the BwB and the Hound)

- Saw hundreds of her Father's bannermen being slaughtered outside of the Twins during the Red Wedding and being vaguely horrified that her Mother and Robb were probably being killed as well beyond the portcullis

- She dragged her own Mother's corpse out of a river as Nymeria (this is when Arya begins to refer to herself as "having no heart" or completely void of emotion-- a huge, huge telling sign of PTSD and severe depression)

- Killed the guard at Harrenhal, was the "Ghost of Harrenhal", killed Polliver (which was one of the most heartbreaking scenes I've ever read in my life because you can see how everything she has been through has affected her) and Polliver's squire

This list does not even include her interactions in Braavos. The girl has many external battles she fights, which takes a toll on her internal strength. But there's no doubt that her character becomes desensitized to the violence she experiences that she begins to wield it as means to control her surroundings especially because everything that has happened to her so far has been so out of control for her/out of her hands.

Sansa, on the other hand, is much more subtle in her interactions with her captors. As a hostage in the Red Keep, we see Sansa internally rebelling against Joffrey and Cercei. She thinks ill of Joffrey in almost every scene between the two from her last chapter in AGoT and beyond. She begins to realize what actions and decisions will lead to more beatings and which don't and uses her charm and diplomacy to subtly control some of her surroundings (see Ser Dontos and Joffrey incident with the wine). She suffers slights on her honor, is physically and emotionally abused yet still holds her head high, rarely utters a word in those instances (silence itself serves as a rebellious act because it refuses to yield the anticipated reaction), and knows what to say and when to say it. By the time she becomes a hostage under Baelish, Sansa becomes much more confident of herself and begins to learn the unspoken rules of the "game" from Baelish. From her time with him, she discerns that almost every action on her part must be carefully considered and how imperative it is to seek out the underlying intentions of others who play the same game.

2) Varys:

Completely fascinating character. Evidence points to him being the anonymous stranger paying for Gendry's apprenticeship under Tobho Mott, Rugen the turnkey of the dungeons below the Red Keep and a close friend and confidant of Illyrio Mopatis. He was apparently gelded by some kind of magic-performing sorcerer but we know little else of his past. His "little birds" who are all literate with tongues cut just add to his mysterious and macabre appeal.

3) Petyr Baelish:

Self-explanatory. He is one of the biggest players in the Game. He's played Ned, Catelyn, Tyrion, Lysa, Jon Arryn, Cercei, Sansa, Jeyne (indirectly Arya as well by using her name), and the Knights of the Vale as pawns. Ruthlessly ambitious and brilliant, he's my kind of man.

4) Euron Greyjoy:

I find him uncomfortably intriguing and I hate myself for it (at times). We know very little about him but he wields a tremendous amount of power, probably through magic. His quick whip about how he is the most godliest of men to Aeron Damphair was what sealed it for me.

5) Bonus: Every single person from Dorne MINUS Darkstar the Douche.

1. Petyr Baelish - cunning, devious, immoral, scheming, the ultimate player. What`s not to love?

2. Tyrion Lannister - see above.

3. Arya Stark - learning to be just as cunning, devious,somewhat immoral and a major player as numbers 1 & 2.

4. Tywin Lannister - wrote the book on being cunning, devious, immoral, scheming and the ultimate player (RW anyone?)

Slightly ashamed to admit I would love to be LF and yes I know he probably has a horrible death ahead of him but I just love that character.

1. Jon Snow - when the chips are down, he has consistently raised to the challenge under varied and depressingly adverse conditions.

2. Maester Aemon - such a remarkable, gentle, wise man.

3. Maester Luwin - the very archetype of the perfect Maester.

4. Tyrion Lannister - the supreme artist of dealing with impossible pressures.

It is a toss-up among them, personally. Although I suppose Aemon and Luwin led somewhat less troubled lives.

Jon Snow

Arya Stark

Brienne

Jaime, post redemption

I think Arya, because even though she goes through pure hell, she never loses her courage or resourcefulness. She also has, throughout, some sort of base-line faith that I don't quite know how to describe. Faith in herself, in her family, in the people she does meet along the way that are 'good at the core' -- Yoren, Gendry, Hotpie, Jaqen, Syrio, the family she works with when she's "Cat of the Canals", etc. When she does meet these people, it seems she is able to form trustful relationships, in spite of what she's been through, and she is a very thoughtful (as in full of thoughts) girl, wise and mature, I think, well beyond her years. And . . . I don't ever see her feeling sorry for herself!

The Hound, Sansa Stark, Oberyn Martell, Gendry Waters.

(and none for Arya Stark, bye! jk I love her, I'm just afraid of where her story is going)

Oh I don't know who I'd want to be, probably Lady Nym, I think she's badass. She's a total lady but she's clever and she's dangerous.

I quite like Tywin Lannister but I'm a bit afraid of him. I'd love to know more about "Tywin the man".

1 Sandor Clegane; for his badassery and vulgarity. Plus I have a soft spot for the misunderstood.

2 Arya Stark; her POV's are the most interesting, and if I grew up in Westeros society I would end up being alot like her in terms of personality.

3 Jaime Lannister; I find him to be a very complex character and frickin' hilarious to boot.

4 Petyr Baelish; even though i'm not emotionally attached to him, in fact i'd love to watch him die, I always love instigating psychopaths.

Honorable Mentions: Sansa Stark, Theon Greyjoy, Stannis Baratheon, and Asha Greyjoy.

1. Tywin Lannister

2. Sansa Stark

3. Cersei Lannister

4.this one is hard...so many characters to chose from...Davos, Wyman, Dolorous Edd....Val. I chose Val.

I'd be Sansa because her character development reminds me a lot of my own development from preteen to adult (less dramatic, of course) and because I think she is brave and smart, despite what other people may believe. She's kind, never forgets her courtesies even in the face of danger, and one day, she'll wield considerable power in Westeros. :3

Archived