Who are your top four characters?

TheLastHero

I'll demonstrate to everyone why you should never get attached to a character in ASOIAF:

1. Beric Dondarrion - Dead: Guy was a GOD

2. Eddard - Dead: Honour of a Saint

3. Oberyn Martell - Dead: Badass, but a man of justice

4. Jon - Possibly Dead: Has the best qualities of a Stark AND a Targaryen

5. Greatjon Umber - Captive for 2 and a half books now: Not an easy man to impress, but damn loyal

6. Quentyn Martell - Dead: I related to him quite a bit. There wasn't anything too special about him, but he was eager to fulfill his duty and had the will not to give up

Amongst characters that as far as we know are still with us, counting Jon

1. Jon: See above

2. Arianne Martell: Bravest female character in my eyes, only "whining girl" in the series to actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of mindlessly crying for no reason.

3. Davos: Honesty, honour, and loyalty.

4. Tyrion: Funny, he's a genius, and doesn't care what the world thinks of him.

My top four faves are (in no particular order):

Eddard Stark - He's one of the few good guys in the story, even if it cost him his life.

Tyrion Lannister - He's one of the cleverest people in the game, and he'll have his revenge.

Davos Seaworth - He's just awesome in every way, the most decent living man in the books.

Lord Varys - He's like the anti-Littlefinger. The universe should explode when they touch.

I wouldn't be any of them, though. I'm not decent enough to be Davos, honorable enough to be Eddard, clever enough to be Tyrion, or bad-ass enough to be Varys. I'd be Irri or Alayaya.

I don't know if it will be possible for me to pick just four, but here I go.

Jon Snow: Even though I am a female, Jon's personality matches my own and I identify with him. As someone said above, he is the best of the Starks and the Targaryens. He's just but also cunning, stoic but I love his dry sense of humor.

Dany Targaryen: She turned from a poverty-stricken and abused girl growing up to a badass but empathetic young woman in 4 books. She does make mistakes as any teenage girl does and truthfully, that is what makes her human.

Arianne Martell: Love the Dornish court, and love reading her chapters.

Cersei: Very twisted woman, but I LOVE reading every chapter of hers - she is such a well-written character.

Archived