Who are your top four characters?

TheLastHero

1. The Hound - fascinating and strangely often the voice of common sense

2. Davos Seaworth - the survivor

3. Melisandra - a powerful woman in a mans world

4. Varys - so hard to pin down

And an honourable mention to the White Walkers for being such cool dudes :cool4:

Top 4... Hmm...

1) Robb Stark (I think he's first thanks to the TV show, but I already liked him during the books. But, aye, he MESSED UP.)

2) Jon Snow (Can't say why, but I think explanations are needless. Can't be the only one here that likes Jon for no reason.)

3) Arya Stark (But I honestly dislike the FM road her character is following. What made Arya great was her personality, and by becoming a FM, she's absolutely losing it.)

4) Jorah Mormont (He was the only reason I read Tyrion in ADWD. Tyrion became quite boring now he's on Essos.)

If I had to choose, I'll say Robb. Because I get to command an Army, never lose a battle, be proclaimed King in the North, and when I die, my corpse will be awesome!

My top four:

1. Arya Stark - the courage, the resourcefulness, the determination, and the wits she consistently displays make her my number 1.

2. Ned Stark - a loyal, honorable, and devoted family man who stayed true to himself and his ideals even when the going got tough. The best father figure in the whole damn series.

3. Davos - I have to cheer for the common man made good. Another honorable and courageous man, he's not afraid to tell the hard truths that need telling. He keeps rising on my list, and if he keeps on the way he did when calling out the Freys in Manderly's court, he may well end up at number one by the end of the series.

4. Tyrion - He's in a dark place now, and has really taken some lumps, but I believe he will triumph before the end. The most amusing verbal sparer in the books in my opinion.

I really wouldn't want to be any of them, they've all suffered terribly throughout the books. If I HAD to choose one to be, it wouldn't be Ned (dead), Davos (what parent would want to outlive 4 of his/her children?), or Tyrion (damn, as if overcoming physical challenges weren't enough, there's the fact that he's currently penniless and has a huge price on his head, and worst of all, his own family members have repeatedly conspired to get him killed, umm, no thanks). I guess I would go with Arya, since she's still young enough to hopefully get past the horrors that she's seen and endured, and still live a (hopefully) long and fruitful life.

1) Jon

2) Arya

3) Varys

4) Olenna

I'd probably be Jon out of all of them. I love Olenna's snark but just don't have that in me. With Jon, I get the whole feeling of being an outsider in your own family. I'd totally be down with having a secret royal heritage.

If this were a top five list, it would be a toss up between Mormont's raven and Wyman Manderly.

1. Stannis Baratheon

2. Davos Seaworth

3. Tywin Lannister

4. Roose Bolton

They are not the nicest people, with the exception of Davos, but these are the characters I enjoy reading about the most.

Honorable mentions: Pretty much all the Greyjoys, but Victarion and Theon particularly, Sandor Clegane, and Tyrion Lannister.

Archived