[TWOW Spoilers] Miscon reading : two Winds of Winter chapters

Hmadkour

Jaime's not much of a fighter anymore and Brienne's severely injured making fighting through the thick of the BwB unlikely. Pod and possibly Hunt are captive and Stoneheart does not trust Brienne meaning that if both survive it's likely because someone else intervened. I doubt Frey or Lannister forces would just happen upon the BwB at the right time so it would have to be someone who could convince Uncat or pull the BwB away from her control. That leaves the Blackfish, who lacks the sway but may want Edmure bad enough and one other who's already intervened through weirwoods in other situations. The hill the BwB use as headquarters is filled with weirwood roots. The one character who could tell Uncat not to kill Jaime and could set everyone there on the path needed to fulfill their part of the story in two books is Bran. Bran knows where Sansa is, Jaime certainly owes Bran a debt and Bran can tell his mom to quit it. Whether it's birds alone or birds getting someone to carve a face in the stump/roots Bran could step in without the solution being seasoned outlaws coming down with a case of the stupids.

I think he does know, and is hiding it. i do not think someone like Thoros would ignore the resemblace if not between Gendry and Robert, then between Gendry and Renly. Since Renly is gay, then its impossible that he be his bastard. Stannis is too honorable to father a bastard, yet Robert only cares about food, wine, and pussy.

Thoros was described as being an overseas version of Robert. A drunken fool who asked for men to retake his claim (actually sounds a bit like Viserys now that I think of it)

I doubt he was ever paying enough attention to anything

Also alot of posters were talking about how characters who return from the dead have lost themselves yet nobody seems to remember Khal Drogo...

It has multiple names. Its also named ice. And lady catelyn as stoneheart named it oathbreaker.

I thought that she screamed the name of the sword "Ice". If anything, Ned's sword is the only thing that could convince Cat-zombie, because she is definitely not herself. Brienne's sword has a meaning only because it was made of a piece of Stark's Ice (f*ck Tywin for that...twice...) and it was given to her to protect Ned Stark's daughter (I was so touched when Jaime did this).

If Jaime somehow wins, Lady Stonehearth and moreso Thoros of Myr will be convinced of his innocence in the sight of the gods, especially since he won with only one hand. Maybe we will get a Victarion/Moqorro situation where Thoros animates Jaime's right hand, somehow making it bound to only fight the good fights.

As much as I like the idea of Jaime getting his sword hand back I don't think that's gonna happen, IMO if he wins the trial he will be free to go wherever he wants and that's it.

As much as it pains me to say it as I love both Jamie and Brienne I think it will be the end of Brienne. I have nothing but gut to base this on but I agree Jamie riding to his death would be semi-anti climatic. While if situations change and Brienne ends up dead it wouldn't be expected. In a non-george martin world they would both live and go on to lead the BwB or some stupid ish but lets be real here this is a man who likes to drive the knife and we as readers keep asking for more.

On the Tyrion Side of things how do you think he will survive the encounter with Victarion? I don't see him as the type to spare everyone's favorite Imp and seems likely to be the man to remove his tongue if not just toss him overboard. Any thoughts on how that mess turns out?

Jaime's not much of a fighter anymore and Brienne's severely injured making fighting through the thick of the BwB unlikely. Pod and possibly Hunt are captive and Stoneheart does not trust Brienne meaning that if both survive it's likely because someone else intervened. I doubt Frey or Lannister forces would just happen upon the BwB at the right time so it would have to be someone who could convince Uncat or pull the BwB away from her control. That leaves the Blackfish, who lacks the sway but may want Edmure bad enough and one other who's already intervened through weirwoods in other situations. The hill the BwB use as headquarters is filled with weirwood roots. The one character who could tell Uncat not to kill Jaime and could set everyone there on the path needed to fulfill their part of the story in two books is Bran. Bran knows where Sansa is, Jaime certainly owes Bran a debt and Bran can tell his mom to quit it. Whether it's birds alone or birds getting someone to carve a face in the stump/roots Bran could step in without the solution being seasoned outlaws coming down with a case of the stupids.

Bran cannot know where Sansa is, there are no weirwood trees in the Eyrie's godswood

• 2 weeks later...

You really think that's what will happen? Don't you think that would be a rather anticlimactic end to Jaime's story?

i do not think Brienne will betray jaime. She is internally now having the same struggle Jaime had about vows and if and when to break them. Lady Stoneheart is apparently merciless, thinks only in black and white. Brienne will not take Jaime to her. I think jaime will steal south to get Tommen, kill Cersei in the taking. valonquar anyone? and brienne is still going to try and find the Stark girls. because that was a true vow. we shall see.

so at miscon 2012, george r.r. martin read not one but two chapters from winds of winter!

he also answered a pressing and important question: what word did brienne of tarth scream in feast for crows?

SPOILERS FOR FEAST AND WINDS UNDER THE CUT!

the first chapter was from victarion’s pov, and detailed his fleet’s attack preparations! he also challenged three young men to blow the dragon horn from dance with dragons, telling them that the man who died when he blew it had done so three times, and that if they each blew it once they may die but if they lived they would be sung about forever, etc. tl;dr they agreed to blow the horn, he also spent some sexy time with the dusky lady

the chapter ended with victarion’s fleet closing in…

the second chapter was a tyrion chapter and mostly consisted of a game of cevasse with brown ben plumm; tyrion slyly begins to coax brown ben into switching sides (again), telling him that nothing would prove his loyalty to dany like the blood of her enemies! they keep getting interrupted by a second son who tells them that there’s a fleet in the bay and that they should probably go look, but brown ben dismisses the boy and tells him it’s probably just the fleet from volantis

eventually jorah mormont himself interrupts the game and informs them that it’s not the volantine fleet at all, but ships with black sails with krakens on them, oh shi!

anyway after he finished reading the chapters, he opened the floor to some discussion about the plot of asoiaf, and some amazing genius girl said: you know my friends and i were debating this pretty heavily in the lobby just today, brienne screams “one word” as she is being hung by lady stoneheart’s men in a feast for crows - what was the word?

george turned the question on the audience and asked if anyone had figured it out - we shouted all kinds of dumb stuff, “jaime”, “sapphires”, etc. but some other genius in the second row said “sword”!

george confirmed that the word brienne screamed was “sword”; lady stoneheart gave brienne the choice of either swearing her sword to her or being hung, saying “sword or noose”, and as brienne was being hung she screamed “sword”

the questions moved on for some time, but then a girl asked “well what about podrick payne? he was getting hung with brienne!” and george confirmed that brienne had made the decision to swear her sword to stoneheart in order to save the innocent podrick payne from the noose

shortly after that the q&a session ended and we disbanded, but my heart is still ripped up and in conflict about this shit because at the end of dance with dragonsbrienne appears in jaime’s pov and he abandons the war effort to follow her - where is she taking him? will stoneheart ask her to kill jaime? if she does, how will jaime handle the betrayal? will he live? will they both live?

The word is "Hanged"

No person can be "hung" by a noose. When a person is put do death via hanging -- the proper word usage is "Hanged" -- never and not "Hung"

http://unenlightenedenglish.com/2009/05/hanged-vs-hung-yes-theres-a-difference

The word is "Hanged"

No person can be "hung" by a noose. When a person is put do death via hanging -- the proper word usage is "Hanged" -- never and not "Hung"

http://unenlightened...es-a-difference

Do you want to know what word that I happen to hear a lot that drives me nuts? "Skunned". As in, I skunned an animal. Drives me insane.