[TWOW Spoilers] Miscon reading : two Winds of Winter chapters

Hmadkour

Yes. On the Heresy thread, Black Crow disagrees with me that Bloodraven was "lured". He thinks he became the "man in the tree" out of a sense of duty, but I think he was lured or promised something like Bran was promised to fly.

I would either lean your way or be right in the middle. From what I know of Bloodraven the promise of knowledge could have been very alluring to him. He may have stayed there out of duty, feeling that he was even helping the nights watch. Tho he was a Targ so the promise of flight may have done it too, if all Targs dream of flying on dragons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I believe Lady Stoneheart can be swayed to pardon Jaime Lannister. I hope Brienne isn't going to kill him, their friendship is definitely one of my favorites in the series.

I hope so but this lady's not for turning. I really like Jamie as a character. He's pretty harshly treated but I've always considered him to be the most honourable of the Kings Guard. What you think it's fine for a psychopath to burn an entire city to the ground because you swore an oath not to judge him? Yeah you're the moral ones.

I hope so but this lady's not for turning. I really like Jamie as a character. He's pretty harshly treated but I've always considered him to be the most honourable of the Kings Guard. What you think it's fine for a psychopath to burn an entire city to the ground because you swore an oath not to judge him? Yeah you're the moral ones.

I love him as a character as well, his development is so fluid and well done. I suppose when the next book comes out we will know whether Jaime gets a chance at redemption (fingers crossed for a yes)

One of my favorite lines of his, not in the books i don't think but in season 1 of the HBO series, when Robert asks him if Aerys had any last words before Jaime betrayed him, and Jaime responds (every so cooly, as only he can) "He said the same thing he'd been saying all day...'burn them all'".

For me, that line sums up a large portion of who he is as a character. I was very happy when we got him as a POV in the books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

brienne appears in jaime’s pov and he abandons the war effort to follow her - where is she taking him? will stoneheart ask her to kill jaime? if she does, how will jaime handle the betrayal? will he live? will they both live?

I don't know if this has been already said but what if Brienne and Jaime kill Cersei? I don't think Jaime will die, if he would he'd already be dead.

There's that woodswitch's prophecy that Cersei will be killed by her valonqar and that's why she's so obssessed with Tyrion. I took valonqar by meaning younger brother and not shorter brother.

I thought all three would die at first, but then i thought about how most of the prophecies are worded; alot of them have some aspect that is straight forward, then another part that can be twisted into alot of directions and interpretations. I'm theorizing now that Tommen's death will be faked unbeknowst to Cersei, (using the poison she was gonna serve to Tommen if they lost the Battle of the Blackwater) and that cersei's three children will indeed have golden shrouds confirming the prophecy yet sparing the innocent tommen. I'm thinking that maybe jaime will somehow orchestrate this with his life at stake as a last ditch effort to uncat and the bwb to save his and brienne's lives. uncat will have jaime strangle cersei after he is sent to kings landing for "tommen's funeral".

Thats why Cersei had Ilyn Payne there....no need for poison.

a lot

One of my favorite lines of his, not in the books i don't think but in season 1 of the HBO series, when Robert asks him if Aerys had any last words before Jaime betrayed him, and Jaime responds (every so cooly, as only he can) "He said the same thing he'd been saying all day...'burn them all'".

For me, that line sums up a large portion of who he is as a character. I was very happy when we got him as a POV in the books.

Absolutely. It's exactly why I see him as being far more honourable than say the often vaunted Gerold Hightower. Who clearly would have let all of Westeros burn if Aerys had ordered it. How is that a noble action?

I love it in Jamie as he highlights the hypocrisy of knighthood. On the one hand he's the very embodiment of knighthood, handsome, fine background, great warrior etc. etc. right up until the point he decides that several thousand peoples lives are worth more than the vow to a madman. The irony being is that he's considered dishonourable mainly by the rebels that overthrew Aerys. Robert and Ned on the one level have done no different to Jamie, it's just his is much more up close and personal.

The word is "Hanged"

No person can be "hung" by a noose. When a person is put do death via hanging -- the proper word usage is "Hanged" -- never and not "Hung"

http://unenlightened...es-a-difference

i've almost all but given up hope for people

the same people that use alot should be hung by their toes

and the people that correctly spell a lot, may they never be hanged

Edited by HannibalStark

Gods, I hope Jamie doesn't die. He pretty much saved the world by killing Mad King Aerys and having everyone hate on him for doing so. Yes it's sad he fell in love with his Cersei, but you love who you love, as tragic as that might be. Even more reason for his character to catch a break.

I'm hoping for something amazing for Jamie down the road....

I think Jaime will be spared and will take up a quest at Stoneheart's/BwB's request. Brienne, I think, having received Ned's old sword from Jaime must be important and I think she will use that to prove to Stoneheart that he isn't the man she thinks he is.

See, that makes sense to us readers but we haven't seen a lot of logical thinking from Stoneheart. The fact is that Jamie tried to make good on his oath and has grown a whole lot so I'm sure we all hope that Stoneheart can be be made to see that. If he lives I feel he can do something important before the end.

I don't think Stoneheart holds any grudge towards Jaime. Her mission in 'life' is to kill all those involved in the RW, and he was not. She is insane, of course, still, I don't think she'll kill him. It would actually be too logical if she did, and that's not GRRM's style.

Actually Catelyn overheard the killer of her son Robb at the Red Wedding say one very cutting line which we must assume the ever-verngeful Lady Stoneheart took very seriously and very literally. Dear Roose Bolton (or so I presume), has false incriminated our dear Jamie before Catelyn.

A man in dark armor and a pale pink cloak spotted with blood stepped up to Robb. "Jaime Lannister sends his regards." He thrust his longsword through her son’s heart, and twisted.

Actually I think it is merely an ironic reference of Roose's part to Jaime's parting words to Roose Bolton before leaving Harrenhal for King's Landing. Jaime of course knows nothing of the Red Wedding to come or his Father's hand and means his words in an entirely different context.

Both parties left Harrenhal the same morning, beneath a cold grey sky that promised rain. Ser Aenys Frey had marched three days before, striking northeast for the kingsroad. Bolton

meant to follow him. "The Trident is in flood," he told Jaime. "Even at the ruby ford, the crossing will be difficult. You will give my warm regards to your father?"

"So long as you give mine to Robb Stark."

"That I shall."

And so a terrible and ill-fitting fate laid down for Jaime, ever the one of misattributed deeds, by a misunderstanding and perhaps the one and only moment we see humour from Roose Bolton.