"The Winds of Winter" Might be finished in 2 years

DrewSnow

"This lavish, faithful, and very expensive (a reported $60m per series) adaptation of Martin’s tale of sorcery – and a lot of sex – became a huge hit. As the second series reaches its climax this week in the US and the UK, it has become HBO’s most successful series, shown in 29 countries and with average US viewing figures of more than 10m per episode. "

Am I the only one seeing this?

Personally believe that GRRM needs to publish TWOW by the end of 2013 of the first quarter of 2014 just to give himself time to complete A Time of Spring before 2017 which is when season 8 of GoT would be scheduled to come out. which would be around when that book's season adaptation would come out. Am i wrong in that assumption?

I just really want him hurry the hell up. He did complete Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords with 4 years so from that i dont think a quick writing pace is unheralded for George.

I think everyone hear would love to read the last books asap but getting people hopes up by posting things like this wont help anyone. The WoW will be finished when its finished and there is no point pushing for it to be done any quicker.

Personally believe that GRRM needs to publish TWOW by the end of 2013 of the first quarter of 2014 just to give himself time to complete A Time of Spring before 2017 which is when season 8 of GoT would be scheduled to come out. which would be around when that book's season adaptation would come out. Am i wrong in that assumption?

I just really want him hurry the hell up. He did complete Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords with 4 years so from that i dont think a quick writing pace is unheralded for George.

You are right. Unless they split up Winds in two seasons as well, they would have to start producing the last season in 2017. Book 7 is going to be called A Dream of Spring, by the way. You probably mixed it up with the originally planned title, A Time for Wolves.

We know nothing now that we didn't know before this article. 'A couple of years' is very vague, and isn't even a direct quote from GRRM. All we know for sure is that the book isn't done, and we knew that. No new info = end of thread, I'm afraid.

Archived