Alfie Allen on Jon Snow's parents

EdThaSt0rm

So R + L = J is confirmed (at least 98%)

And there's a link to an interview with Sophie Turner. Nice part

Richard Maddenand Kit Haringtonsaid the guys in the cast text each other to share theories and geek out. Do the girls get in on that action?

We're all really close. We constantly Skype. And I was just having a conversation with Emilia [Clarke, who

plays Daenerys

] about all this, because I have all these

theories about who Jon Snow's mother and father really are

. I think that his mother is Lyanna Stark, Ned's sister, and I think his father is not Ned, but that Ned just took him on, that his father was actually Rhaegar Targaryen.

She knows :bowdown:

possible incest between jon and dany?

But the more i think about it and the tragic figure of Rhaegar, the more i think that it has to be Aerys. I think that Rhaegar was realy in love with Lyanna, but Aerys captured and raped her, forced Rhaegar to fight instead of explaining things to Eddard and making sure he wouldn't plot against him while he held Lyanna as a hostage. This would also explain why so many kings guards were guarding the tower of joy instead of the king, making Lyanna the only thing that ensured that Rhaegar wouldn't revolt against Aerys. So Rhaegar did the only thing he could, he let Robert defeat him in personal combat and thereby turn the tide of the battle and the war in the rebellions favour, because he couldn't save Lyanna, so he made sure that Robert would win and thereby rescue her.

I really like this. But I still believe (or want to believe) that Lyanna carried Rhaegar's child and Aerys kept her captive to ensure Rhaegar's loyalty.

Seriously, I'd puke if Jon turned out to be a son of the mad king!!

I really like this. But I still believe (or want to believe) that Lyanna carried Rhaegar's child and Aerys kept her captive to ensure Rhaegar's loyalty.

Seriously, I'd puke if Jon turned out to be a son of the mad king!!

That would make it a Luke and Leia situation for sure but I don't think Alfie meant that when he said incest.

That would make it a Luke and Leia situation for sure but I don't think Alfie meant that when he said incest.

HE DIDN'T SAY INCEST!!! The Luke situation was in direct response to a question on parentage. Not who he'd fall in love with.

HE DIDN'T SAY INCEST!!! The Luke situation was in direct response to a question on parentage. Not who he'd fall in love with.

He did say incest.

What did you ask him about in return?

You know, I asked him about who Jon Snow's real parents were, and he told me. I can't say who, but I can tell you that it involves a bit of a Luke Skywalker situation. It will all come to fruition eventually. The whole thing with all the fight over proper succession is partly inspired by the War of the Roses in the late 1400s, and back then, to ensure pedigree, the monarchies were kind of inbred. It's definitely fucked up, but it definitely happened back then, so that's why there's incest with the Targaryen line. It's toned down, though.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/06/game-of-thrones-theon-alfie-allen-interview.html

Pardon me for veering off topic, but what does Alfie mean when he said "Although George R.R. Martin, when I spoke to him, he asked me about my sister. He became a fan of hers during the auditions."

What role did his sister audition for?

Did having a big sister ever help you with the sibling scenes? Minus the incest, of course.

[Laughs.] I guess, because we nitpick at each other, but it's not cool, completely not cool what Theon does to his sister. It's horrible. It shows you what kind of person Theon is, so there's a reason why it's in there. But you know, they didn't know I had a big sister when they cast me for this. They had no clue. They didn't know who I was. Although George R.R. Martin, when I spoke to him, he asked me about my sister. He became a fan of hers during the auditions.

Do you know what will make me throw my book (ok, since ADWD my iPhone with the book on it) across the room? Reading the last chapter of Howland Reed coming out of the bushes like Sean Connery at the end of Kevin Costner's Robin Hood, to deliver a soliloquy about R+L=J.

That would make me throw my iPhone across the room, and as an iPhone and not a block of pressed tree pulp, I'm heavily economically incentivized not to do such a thing.

That's why I'll root for A+L=J. It's not far enough off the mark to be insane, but at least a little more impactful and less predictable.

The other good option is to just leave it unsaid and let everyone just stay hanging, ensuring the survival of the R+L thread for several centuries. Heck, the original R+L is hard enough to fine, in my grandkid's time, it will be as mysterious and murky as The Long Night.

Someone posted something in a completely unrelated thread that basically amounts to "Littlefinger is the villain of the series (so far)" which gave me this crack pot theory:

Littlefinger + Lyanna = Jon

Littlfinger is so pissed off at the Starks for stealing his Cat that he rapes their sister.

As he is a villain and Jon's father, he is Darth Vador to Jon's Luke

I meant in relation to the parentage. It was clearly a follow up to the previous questions about his sister.

Definitely agree, he was trying to explain that there was historical precedent for the fact that incest is in the series. I don't think the Skywalker comment is connected to incest at all.

Archived