Jaime is the most honorable man in Westeros

Sephiran

1. He never slept with anyone but Cersei, so he has as faithful as Ned was to Catelyn (assuming R+L=J).

2. He didn't get a kick out of attempting to kill Bran; he only did it because he had to do it for their family's sake.

3. He killed the King, proving that he was willing to throw his life away for the greater good, despite committing a great crime.

4. He actually hunted Aerys's pyromancers down, proving what a good guy he is.

5. He saved Brienne from getting killed by a bear.

1. He even went so far as to bang her in the sept, and considers their kids nothing more but a squirt of his seed.

2. He didn't really show any remorse for trying to kill bran either.

3. He also stood by as the king killed the starks. - i wouldn't blame him though.

4. he had to kill the pyromancer, or the city would have burned, - self preservation

5. He also tried to kill her.

6. He was willing to kill a baby to get what he wanted.

7. He attacked Ned and had his men killed.

8. He lied to Tyrion about the "whore" tyrion married.

yeah, real white knight that Jaime Lannister.

I really like Jaime, but even thinking that he is the most honorable man in Westeros makes me laugh.

You think those examples you listed make him seem like a good guy?

You're saying that he didn't have sex with anyone else but his sister. How does that make him...honorable? As far as I know, incest is frowned upon. And seriously, you're comparing Ned to Jaime? Seriously?!

He put his life in danger when he killed Aerys? Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the two of them alone in the throne room? Who was going to stop him from stabbing the old man in the back?

1. He even went so far as to bang her in the sept, and considers their kids nothing more but a squirt of his seed.

To the first part: So? It's not like he's religious. And to the second: they weren't his kids, Cersei refused to let him get close to them and he had little say in the matter. A biological connection doesn't trump proximity and y'know, knowledge of said connection,

I really like Jaime, but even thinking that he is the most honorable man in Westeros makes me laugh.

You think those examples you listed make him seem like a good guy?

You're saying that he didn't have sex with anyone else but his sister. How does that make him...honorable? As far as I know, incest is frowned upon. And seriously, you're comparing Ned to Jaime? Seriously?!

He put his life in danger when he killed Aerys? Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the two of them alone in the throne room? Who was going to stop him from stabbing the old man in the back?

On this, he had no idea who was going to run into the throne room. Think about what happened the other time we saw a king killed with his guard inside.

As for him being honorable...no. I doubt he's had much use for the concept after Aerys.

He's clearly not a complete monster, but honorable is pushing it.

The way I see it, Jaime's story kinda serves to show that honour is overrated. Sometimes doing the honourable thing is not the same as doing the good thing, and as such "honour" is mostly based on how other people see you, aka your reputation. Barristan is considered one of the most honourable people in Westeros by basically everybody, but considering how many terrible things he witnessed and simply let happen just to preserve it, it shows that a person's worth shouldn't be measured by how honourable they are. So what I'm saying is that Jaime is certainly not the most honourable person in Westeros, but that's okay because being honourable doesn't equal being a good person. I'll take Davos the smuggler over Barristan the honourable knight any day.

On this, he had no idea who was going to run into the throne room. Think about what happened the other time we saw a king killed with his guard inside.

As for him being honorable...no. I doubt he's had much use for the concept after Aerys.

He's clearly not a complete monster, but honorable is pushing it.

OK, maybe you're right. But, I've got just one question: Did he stab Aerys before or after Tywin's host had come inside the city?

And I agree with you. He's not a monster. There are plenty of those around. Take the Mountain or Ramsay for instance. Jaime was never like them.

I wouldn't say that he the most honorable man in Westeros, but I do think that he is the most sensible in regards to honor. He has enough honor that when shit hits the fan he can make the right and honorable choices, but he's not so stupid as to be completely blinded by a rigid code of honor in the way that people like Ned, Stannis and Barristan are.

I like Jaime too, but he is far from honorable. To even think so is pretty laughable. He only slept with one person, who just happens to be his sister. His loyalty to Cersei is breaking a vow he took as a White Cloak. I don't think there is any way you can spin throwing a child out a window as honorable. I don't think Jaime had any delusions of death when he killed the Mad King. His father just took KL he was by far the best sword in KL and he had no chance of being in any real danger. Killing the pyromancers is by far the most honorable thing he did.

I think the saving of Brienne is different because it happens after he has lost his hand, which is when we see a really big shift in Jaime's personality.

I like Jaime too, but he is far from honorable. To even think so is pretty laughable. He only slept with one person, who just happens to be his sister. His loyalty to Cersei is breaking a vow he took as a White Cloak. I don't think there is any way you can spin throwing a child out a window as honorable. I don't think Jaime had any delusions of death when he killed the Mad King. His father just took KL he was by far the best sword in KL and he had no chance of being in any real danger. Killing the pyromancers is by far the most honorable thing he did.

I think the saving of Brienne is different because it happens after he has lost his hand, which is when we see a really big shift in Jaime's personality.

Then pray tell, who would you consider to be honorable? Say the name and I will gladly be able to make a list of misdeeds they have done which will be equally long.

As much as I love Jaime, this is quite the stretch. He's learning honor now, but killing Aerys had to do with Tywin partly, not about saving KL. I can barely touch the whole episode with Bran, except to say perhaps Jaime should have stuck to sexing his sister while Robert slept beside them to spare a kid flying from a window for love of the sister. :eek:

I laugh at this notion. I'll give you that he is not completely evil person and there is some good in him but most honorable man in Westeros?? Not even close.

And when does "family's sake" has become a good reason for killing innocent boy of 8? By that logic Hitler should a good person because what he did was for the greatness of Nazi Germany (his family in a sense).

1. He even went so far as to bang her in the sept, and considers their kids nothing more but a squirt of his seed. 2. He didn't really show any remorse for trying to kill bran either. 3. He also stood by as the king killed the starks. - i wouldn't blame him though. 4. he had to kill the pyromancer, or the city would have burned, - self preservation 5. He also tried to kill her. 6. He was willing to kill a baby to get what he wanted. 7. He attacked Ned and had his men killed. 8. He lied to Tyrion about the "whore" tyrion married.

9. He didn't prevent the death of Elia and her children

10. He threaten Edmure to send him his child with a catapult (I have no doubt he would do it)

Brienne.

hhhmmm, well I was hoping for one of the usual candidates people hold up for honorable like Ned, Arthur Dayne or Stannis but I said I would do it and let it not be said that Toccs is not an honorable man so here goes.

Brienne

um . . I guess she she helped Catelyn break Jaime out prison and even went so far as to sink that boat that lawfully came after them.

what else . . .um . . well she lied to numerous people about looking for her "sister"

oh here's one . . . she treated Drick Crabb like shit

Those all seem like pretty weak points . . I got nothing.

Archived