(Book Spoilers) The last scene for each episode of season 3?

StappyNappy

The RW is confirmed to be episode 9. What they may actually allude to is that Robb may be the principal character of the season akin to Ned in season 1 and Tyrion in season 2. Though the story structure doesn't allow in season 3 for one true lead character, Robb fits the bill the most, maybe together with Jaime and Sansa, whose involved with most characters in Kings Landing.

Id love the purple wedding to be in season 10 but unfortuntaly they havent casted oberyn....

Still would've been possible for Oberyn to turn up afterwards simply to claim his seat on the Small Council, although with the RW in E9 it's very unlikely we'll see the PW in any case.

I don't see why they don't include the PW, and have Oberyn introduced in say episode 7. Would give him more screen time and S4 is practically a guarantee so not too much trouble introducing him late.

• 1 month later...

Thought about it some more the last couple of days. and went through the book again to figure out the correct order.

Epi 1: Davos gets thrown in jail

Epi 2: Tywin tells Tyrion to marry Sansa.

Epi 3: Jaimie's Hand

Epi 4: 3 Leeches (happens later in the book but it would be boring to have Davos locked up for more than 3 episodes and you want to set it up before the kings start dying.

Epi 5: Dracarys

Epi 6: Killing of Craster and Mormont.

Epi 7: The Hound kidnaps Arya.

Epi 8: RW

Epi 9: Queenscrown

Epi 10: Purple Wedding/UnCat

Great choices, but I think I would have kept UnCat for next season in your place, especially since we now know RW is in episode 9.

Ep. 1- Theon revealing to Ramsay that Bran is alive (after torture) followed by a shot of Bran and co

Ep. 2- Sam the Slayer

Ep. 3- Jaime's hand

Ep. 4- The leeches

Ep. 5- Berric's revival

Ep. 6- Craster's

Ep. 7- Dracareys

Ep. 8- Queenscrown

Ep. 9- RW

Ep. 10- PW and Sansa's escape at the very end

Ep 1: Jon snow amongst the Wildlings

Ep 2: Sam the Slayer (unless its at the start of episode 1) or maybe a Kings landing ending

Ep 3: Jamie's hand (in the released pics he still has it in Ep 3)

Ep 4: Dracarys

Ep 5: Beric Vs the Hound

Ep 6:Craster and Mormont

Ep:7 The Leeches

Ep 8: Execution of Karstark

Ep 9: RW (think it has been confirmed as episode 9)

Ep 10: Beric Sacrifice for Uncat (keeps in line with a major fantastical element ending the series, i.e. Dragons and Walkers in S1 and S2)

• 2 weeks later...

Being that grrm is writing ep7 titled. Autumn storm's. That will include both balon greyjoys death n the rw. Season three will end with the pw and tyrion being imprisoned and dondarrion giving the "kiss" to uncat. They said that while asos is being split bet seasons 3&4 it will also include stuff from affc. Remember asos doesn't end with the pw, that's only 5/8 of the way through. There's still lf throwing lysa arryn through the moondoor. Tyrions trial. The rv vs. The mountain, the battles at the wall, n I'm almost positive s4 ends with jon being selected as lc. But that's just mho.

Being that grrm is writing ep7 titled. Autumn storm's. That will include both balon greyjoys death n the rw. Season three will end with the pw and tyrion being imprisoned and dondarrion giving the "kiss" to uncat. They said that while asos is being split bet seasons 3&4 it will also include stuff from affc. Remember asos doesn't end with the pw, that's only 5/8 of the way through. There's still lf throwing lysa arryn through the moondoor. Tyrions trial. The rv vs. The mountain, the battles at the wall, n I'm almost positive s4 ends with jon being selected as lc. But that's just mho.

RW has been confirmed for E9, D+D wanted to write it themselves. And sadly, it is unlikely the PW will make it this season.

I really can't see the PW happening this season. I think it will be early on in Season 4 and that season can focus on Tyrion and his trial and end with his escape. I like what the pp mentioned that they save the UnCat reveal for season 4 when you have almost forgotten, so much more dramatic. The fallout from the RW will be more than enough for the last episode of the season to deal with - the same as the last episode of Season 1 dealt with the fallout of Ned's death.

The purple wedding will be in the next season.

They haven't cast any of the Dornishmen yet and they were present at the wedding. We also need Tyrion and Oberyn to meet prior to the wedding so we get some understanding of Oberyns motivations and why he wants to fight for Tyrion against Gregor.

It would look very silly if Oberyn just appears out of nowhere and suddenly he wants to fight for Tyrion, a man he has never met before.

The purple wedding will be in the next season.

They haven't cast any of the Dornishmen yet and they were present at the wedding. We also need Tyrion and Oberyn to meet prior to the wedding so we get some understanding of Oberyns motivations and why he wants to fight for Tyrion against Gregor.

It would look very silly if Oberyn just appears out of nowhere and suddenly he wants to fight for Tyrion, a man he has never met before.

Oberyn never gave 2 shits about Tyrion. It was so he could fight and kill The Mountain, with an added benefit of it being a FU to the Lannisters.

Oberyn Martell is more of a plot device than character. His role in the story is to introduce House Martell to the audience, lay out its motivations, and goals in the larger Game of Thrones.

I still think the most obvious choice for the final scene of E10 will be the Kiss of Life from Beric to Cat. Note that this is not "UnCat" which is a separate reveal that still can be done in S4 (when the Brotherhood catches and hangs the Freys).

You need to end the season on a cliffhanger or huge moment and that certainly qualifies. It also wraps up the BwB story nicely as they will be featured heavily throughout the season.

I also really like the idea of having this seemingly triumphant and shocking revival in the final episode of S3 that will not be revisited until well into S4 when they finally show just what exactly that meant for Cat. The audience will be going nuts in S4 wondering where Cat is and when they finally show that she's been "UnCat-ed", it will be a nice shocker.

If we assume that the PW is not ending off S3 (and all logic points to this being the case), I don't really see any other "big" moment that the third season could end on. I think a scene with Balon's death that cuts to Melisandre and Stannis discussing the fates of the Kings referenced in the earlier burning of the leeches is a very good way to hint at Joffrey's eventual death in S4 but that's still not packing the uumpph of a very final scene. It would probably work as the penultimate scene though.

They could have the last scene of season 3 take place at the wall.

We would have Jon and the Nightswatch standing atop the wall looking into the night and dark forest, when suddenly thousands torches light up in the distance and we hear the sound of horns. It then cuts to thousands of Wildlings marching out of the dark towards the wall, we get a shot of Mance giving the sign to launch the attack and then it cuts to black.

Season 4 will then in turn start with the Battle at the Wall.

Archived