(Book Spoilers) The last scene for each episode of season 3?

StappyNappy

They could have the last scene of season 3 take place at the wall.

We would have Jon and the Nightswatch standing atop the wall looking into the night and dark forest, when suddenly thousands torches light up in the distance and we hear the sound of horns. It then cuts to thousands of Wildlings marching out of the dark towards the wall, we get a shot of Mance giving the sign to launch the attack and then it cuts to black.

Season 4 will then in turn start with the Battle at the Wall.

That would be cool, but it would be almost the exact same thing as in S2, only with wildlings instead of WW. They should use something different for the last scene.

That would be cool, but it would be almost the exact same thing as in S2, only with wildlings instead of WW. They should use something different for the last scene.

You are right, I completely forgot about the ending of season 2 for some reason.

They could also end the season with Arya departing for Bravos or with Beric finding Catelyn's dead body and before he gives her the kiss the scene would fade to black, at some point we'll get the resolution of that scene in season 4 when we meet un-Cat.

I think a scene where Cat's eyes fly open as Beric gives her the kiss of life as about as perfect a season ending cliffhanger as you can manufacture. I think you would have a very difficult time going against that choice as your closing shot.

I agree, especially if they are gonna kep up with the "magical element" cliffhanger which we have gor both in season 1 and 2 so far

You guys are pretty good. All I'd bet on is

9: RW

10: Dracarys / UnCat reveal

Season denouncement has been episode 9 both seasons to date. And I honestly don't think GRRM wrote the RW episode (so wouldn't have RW in 7). He did Blackwater but didn't do Baelor, which is right up there with RW in the trauma ranking.

I think the PW will be toward the end of season 4, which will peak with the wall, the duel and who's-your-daddy taking a poo.

For that to work, the PW needs to be in early season 4, with all the things happening you sum up. They use time up. But that's not the point of this thread ;)

I can't see Dracarys this late unless they change up her story a lot. And I feel they want her to have some movement, so Dracarys will be in the episode 3-5 range, and then add the story of the siege of Yunkai and Daario in it. Ends with the Mysha "the one who frees slaves" moment. Not sure if Jorah's banishment fits.

Agree on Uncat's reveal, coupled with the fact that it's Arya/Nymeria who saves her via wolf dream (set up more by Bran/Reeds this season) it's quite a good season ender.

Episode 1: Mutiny at Craster's Keep

Episode 2: Davos gets arrested

Episode 3: Daenerys frees the Unsullied

Episode 4: Jaime gets his hand cut off

Episode 5: Sam and Gilly meet Coldhands

Episode 6: Arya gets kidnapped by Sandor

Episode 7: Something related to Theon, I guess

Episode 8: Jon escapes at Queenscrown

Episode 9: Red Wedding, Catelyn gets her throat slit

Episode 10: This is the tricky one. Either they jump the gun with the reveal of Lady Stoneheart, or they have Daenerys liberate Yunkai. Since they usually end with a cliffhanger, I'm guessing Catelyn is resurrected.

What if the last episode ends with Ygritte dying or Jon burning her body?

They'll save the battle of Castle Black for Season 4. It's quite an important moment in the book, and needs time for the hype to be built up. Due to budgetary reasons, I wouldn't be surprised if they combined both battles into one, yet still have Ygritte dying in Jon's arms. It makes sense for Jon to escape and return to the Wall by the end of Season 3, to set up the big showdown between him and Mance.

I'd thought they split it. Have the small battle and Ygritty dying at the end of S3 and start S4 with a big battle.

There's plenty of big moments in the first half of the book-no need to cram in extra material like the Purple Wedding or the battles at the Wall. Viewers would already be devastated by the Red Wedding in episode 9, so having another sad death in the season finale would seem like overkill. There's plenty of time for them to do both battles in Season 4. I'm assuming that the second battle will occur at around mid Season 4, with Stannis' arrival in Episode 7 or 8, probably.

Just to be clear, Lady Stoneheart would be an entirely different reveal since you don't really see what's become of Cat until much later when the BwB capture the Frey's and hang Merret. Showing a lifeless Cat getting revived by Beric (which is only talked about in retrospect by Thoros in the novels) is a completely different reveal. A simple shot of Cat's eyes suddenly opening would be much more effective as it would still provide a sense of mystery going into S4 as to what will become of her.

There's no way the PW will be in season 3. Absolutely no way. It will be season 4 at the earliest and will be episode 7 at the earliest. Perhaps it'll be episode 10, but I doubt it since they still have lots of chapters left in aSoS. I hope they don't merge the deaths of Tywin and Joffrey to be at the same time.

Episode 1: Sam the Slayer

Episode 2: Davos jailed

Episode 3: Jamie's hand

Episode 4: Dracarys

Episode 5: Arya kidnapped by the Hound

Episode 6: Leeches

Episode 7: Jon escapes from Queenscrown

Episode 8: Some creepy foreshowading ending at the Twins

Episode 9: RW

Episode 10: Battle of CB/Ygritte death/Bran north of the wall

Just to be clear, Lady Stoneheart would be an entirely different reveal since you don't really see what's become of Cat until much later when the BwB capture the Frey's and hang Merret. Showing a lifeless Cat getting revived by Beric (which is only talked about in retrospect by Thoros in the novels) is a completely different reveal. A simple shot of Cat's eyes suddenly opening would be much more effective as it would still provide a sense of mystery going into S4 as to what will become of her.

Yes, I'm thinking this'll be the Season 4 finale. They need to introduce Un-Cat to the TV viewers so they can be all like :OOOOOOOOOOOOOO and make them wanna come back for Season 5.

There's no way the PW will be in season 3. Absolutely no way. It will be season 4 at the earliest and will be episode 7 at the earliest. Perhaps it'll be episode 10, but I doubt it since they still have lots of chapters left in aSoS. I hope they don't merge the deaths of Tywin and Joffrey to be at the same time.

Episode 1: Sam the Slayer

Episode 2: Davos jailed

Episode 3: Jamie's hand

Episode 4: Dracarys

Episode 5: Arya kidnapped by the Hound

Episode 6: Leeches

Episode 7: Jon escapes from Queenscrown

Episode 8: Some creepy foreshowading ending at the Twins

Episode 9: RW

Episode 10: Battle of CB/Ygritte death/Bran north of the wall

While I think the PW will be in season four (though I would much rather the wedding be in the same season) there is no way they are going to drag it out until episode 7. First off it would totally eat the time they they will want to spend on Tyrion's trial (the death of Tywin will likely be 4.9 as that is a HUGE game changer for the Lannisters) as well as all the stuff that happens afterwards. People forget there is a good 1/3 of the book left after the PW. As the PW starts the Lannister's downslide it will likely be closer to the beginning of the season. After all only 7 chapters happen between the RW and the PW in the books and nothing actually happens in those chapters aside from people talking about the RW. If they aren't going to use the PW as an ender, it will be used to kick things off.

While I think the PW will be in season four (though I would much rather the wedding be in the same season) there is no way they are going to drag it out until episode 7. First off it would totally eat the time they they will want to spend on Tyrion's trial (the death of Tywin will likely be 4.9 as that is a HUGE game changer for the Lannisters) as well as all the stuff that happens afterwards. People forget there is a good 1/3 of the book left after the PW. As the PW starts the Lannister's downslide it will likely be closer to the beginning of the season. After all only 7 chapters happen between the RW and the PW in the books and nothing actually happens in those chapters aside from people talking about the RW. If they aren't going to use the PW as an ender, it will be used to kick things off.

Well I think Tywin's death will be in episode 9 like you said. It's sort of a pattern with this series so far. The episodes 9's of season 1 and 2 (Baelor, Blackwater) are both huge shockers and then 10 is more of a consolidating episode for the audience.

But if the RW and PW aren't that far apart they are gonna have to do it earlier on than the ender.

Well I think Tywin's death will be in episode 9 like you said. It's sort of a pattern with this series so far. The episodes 9's of season 1 and 2 (Baelor, Blackwater) are both huge shockers and then 10 is more of a consolidating episode for the audience.

But if the RW and PW aren't that far apart they are gonna have to do it earlier on than the ender.

No, I think episode 9 will be Oberyn vs Gregor. Episode 10 is always for the end of the story arc of each character, and that's what Tywins death is: the end of Tyrion's arc in ASoS.

I think that Tywin will be episode 9 and in E10 we'll have Tyrion meeting Illyrio and being sent off to meet Dany. For Tyrion's individual arc killing Tywin is the best finish but we have to look at the bigger picture. And for that I think it's important that we start getting hints as early as possible that Dany is going to be interacting with the rest of the cast.

It's hard to speculate on S4 because we have no idea as to how much material will be brought forward from other books and when a lot of the events of ASoS will be finished off. I suspect there will be some arcs that will extend throughout the majority of S4 and if they delay the PW into S4, that's a good possibility for the King's Landing stuff. But there will certainly be other events that come up in S4 in other character arcs that could be worthy of ending the season off with.

Who the hell knows where they will be with either Jon or Dany's stories at that point. Because they are fairly detached from everything else, you can slow them down, pad them or speed them up however you wish.

Archived