What ASoIaF weapon would you have?

Kevan Lannister

Some sort of polearm, preferably a halberd of some sort. As in real life, swords get stupidly over-glorified, especially against the full plate that we see most members of the nobility wearing.

Why is there no half-swording, or usage of more "anti-armor" weapons, like hammers, maces, axes, etc? I understand that there was Robert's warhammer and Victarions axe, but seemingly that is it.

Some sort of polearm, preferably a halberd of some sort. As in real life, swords get stupidly over-glorified, especially against the full plate that we see most members of the nobility wearing.

Why is there no half-swording, or usage of more "anti-armor" weapons, like hammers, maces, axes, etc? I understand that there was Robert's warhammer and Victarions axe, but seemingly that is it.

Swords are not over-glorified, swodrs and sabers have always been the weapon of the nobility.Why?Because they actually require skill to wield.Any idiot can kill you with a mace or a warhammer if he is strong enough but to use a sword effectively you need considerable practice so using a swodrd shows that the man is worth more than the common lot.

Swords are not over-glorified, swodrs and sabers have always been the weapon of the nobility.Why?Because they actually require skill to wield.Any idiot can kill you with a mace or a warhammer if he is strong enough but to use a sword effectively you need considerable practice so using a swodrd shows that the man is worth more than the common lot.

That's not true, in the late middle ages the knights switched over to maces, warhammers etc when fighting aginst other knights since swords were simply not effective against full plate. They also stopped using shields, since that wasn't effective eithers.

Dawn is one of my favorite weapons in the entire series. But I don't think it's all about the weapon. The warrior needs to be skilled in the weapon's use as well. Dawn was passed down in House Dayne for generations, but Arthur Dayne is the only member that anyone really remembers. He was legendary. One of the greatest knights of the Kingsguard and I greatly admire him and Dawn.

If I could get my own weapon, it would probably be an axe from Norvos. The Norvoshi's weapon of choice is an axe, hell, they even marry their axes. So, I think it would be a great weapon. Swords are one thing, but axes have their own usage, especially against heavy armor.

And I'd also like an axe made out of Valyrian steel. I don't think we've seen one of those in the series so far, I think it would look very cool, and it would also be very sharp and powerful, like most other Valyrian weapons.

Areo Hotah's axe? I want to see much more of him if simply to see him use that axe!

Archived