If you could live somewhere in the world of ASoIaF, where would you live?

effervesce

Dorne.

I've been obsessed with it since reading Arianne/Areo Hotah's chapters.

More autonomy for women than the rest of Westeros (sans the wildlings north of the Wall) and the city where Oberyn Martell and the Sand Snakes are from? Yes, please!

Braavos, if I had to choose somewhere in Essos. It seems like an amazing city from Arya's 'Cat of the Canals' chapter.

The underwater city on the Rhoyne that is infested with the greyscale people. That city sounded awesome in its prime..Maybe its still a functioning city underwater (do the Stone Men have to breathe?). I wouldn't mind being a Stone Man just chillen and messing with all the ships that come through. There are Stone Women, right? Otherwise thats a deal breaker.

After Aegon sits the Iron throne/dies a horribly awesome death, Griff will head over and pick out a nice vaction home underwater... he seems like a guy i could hang out with.

Ditto on Qarth. In the books it's basically described as the Constantinople of ASOIF. After that, maybe Bravos or Volantis...

and a general big no to all of Westeros. Too much potential for war, and that giant ice wall to the north is just too much of a reminder of inherent insecuritiy.

The cities on Essos would all be nice but I'm not sure how big of a distinction there is between commoners and slaves. With the luck people seem to have in ASOIAF, you'll choose Qarth or Volantis and then before you can settle down some rich guy sees you and decides you'd make a fine addition to his collection of grotesques.

Either Braavos or Dorne. At least in Braavos there is no slavery, so I'm good there. Being a shopkeeper (or just a clamseller ;)) or a merchant's wife doesn't seem so bad.

Dorne seems to be better for women (as is mentioned by several posters above), though I'm not sure how much this holds for commoners. I too enjoy spicy food very much, and as I understand it Dorne is hot, but dry, so if there's a well it shouldn't be a problem. Besides, I have a thing for darkskinned men :P.

Archived