If you could live somewhere in the world of ASoIaF, where would you live?

effervesce

Braavos. It has a more-or-less elected leader, it's tolerant of all religions, it's got a good economy based on trade and presumably all the industries that support that trade are doing well, there's no slavery, it's very well defended -- mounted troops aren't getting near that city -- based on the status of their courtesans I think women have opportunities for advancement and I love seafood.

I'd set up shop as a dressmaker. If I get a courtesan or two as customers, I might do well.

1) They seem to care more about merit than superficial features, as evidenced by how women are treated in their culture (being sexually liberated, able to inherit, etc.).

So being woman is a merit now? :)

Vale for me. I'm a sucker for mountains, valleys and fjords.

I love Dorne -- the people, the culture, the food --, so I'd love living somewhere on its coasts, but I don't handle the heat well at all unless I can at least simply laze away/doze off in a shade, so as far as Westeros is concerned the Reach would probably suit me best. Globally speaking though, Braavos seems like the place to be; it being the most modern/liberal city on Essos and all.

Well, if we're talking about probability, my ancestors came from the real world equivalent of Yi Ti, so I'd probably be there, but we don't know anything about them.

If we're talking about where I'd rather go, I'd be in Braavos or Dorne. Or maybe Tarth.

Archived