Missandei

Lady Hodor

So I was just wondering, what do you reckon the little Naaith scribe has to offer?

Personally I find her quite interesting. She's obviously clever, and wit prospers well in Westeros.

Barristan Selmy even notes that he thought her smarter than all the men on the council.

She can speak a dozen languages around the world, which is no easy task.

And she advises Dany on what to do concerning Meereen's state, without which Dany might have failed even worse.

She was also the one who came up with Selmy's plan to take down Hizdar and his men.

For a tiny ten year old, that's pretty damned impressive.

I reckon that Missandei has a big future ahead in the game of thrones. I couldn't imagine what exactly...

But to try and guess Martin's intentions is to try and guess the lottery numbers.

I still think she has potential in something important that will occur when Dany at last moves to the attack.

She's been built up to be someone clever and sharp and quick-witted, which will most definetly aid her to survive the game...

Or even win...

No. But still, what do you think of Missandei? What lies ahead for her?

Missandei is like the energy saving mode Arya Stark of Essos.

But once she switches into full power mode... well, Selmy will need her.

She could very well free Daario who could reunite with Daenerys. Or Daario can die and Missandei can turn out to be some sorcerer child and bring back Drogo. Okay I should stop making theories about Daenerys's love life.

I wonder if Missandei ever gets to see Naaith again. If Arya ever gets back to Winterfell, Missandei should deserve to go home too.

She's going to die. Valar Morghulis as Missandei says when Dany warns her about the dangers of coming with her, which I think is a subtle hint for her fate. I kind of like the theory that Arya will eventually kill her and steal her face to infiltrate Dany's group.

She's young, smart, sweet, interesting, likeable, and cared for deeply by several of the principal characters.

She's doomed.

No! No, she's too smart to die! Too cool! I actually might be more upset by her death than Robb's!

If Missandei were to remain a part of Daenerys's household throughout the series, she would certainly have the potential to be a very effective advisor and informer - especially if she were to conceal her prodigious fluency.

However, I have to admit the possibility of other outcomes:

Missandei may be a risk to Daenerys. It is at least conceivable that she may be coerced into betraying her Queen, or even willingly betray Dany, for the sake of her remaining brother - or as a mad act of revenge if he were killed.

Also, I think one must accept the possibility that she may end up a victim of the (figurative and literal) shitstorm brewing at Meereen.

She's going to die. Valar Morghulis as Missandei says when Dany warns her about the dangers of coming with her, which I think is a subtle hint for her fate. I kind of like the theory that Arya will eventually kill her and steal her face to infiltrate Dany's group.

That's a theory? OMG... And what does Arya want from Daenerys? Those two absolutely have nothing to do with each other.

I always thought something was a bit...off.. with Missandei.

She is always mentioned as being way too wise for her years - a lot of times if I remember correctly. And then there are these golden eyes of hers and dusky skin.

I actually had a theory on her having something to do with the Children of the Forest, she is described to look a bit like them. Being all wise and that, but I think they are described as having large ears and hands with three fingers.

So I skipped that idea. :dunno:

I kind of like the theory that Arya will eventually kill her and steal her face to infiltrate Dany's group.

... Ok, so I hate that theory so much it hurts... But it makes so much sense! Damn it! :P

I reckon that will happen now :( I really don't want it to... But it sounds so Martin like and interesting for the narrative.

And Missandei is so much like Arya, age and size and brains wise, it would be perfect... Ahh cruel world! So mean!

... Ok, so I hate that theory so much it hurts... But it makes so much sense! Damn it! :P

I reckon that will happen now :( I really don't want it to... But it sounds so Martin like and interesting for the narrative.

And Missandei is so much like Arya, age and size and brains wise, it would be perfect... Ahh cruel world! So mean!

You should have known better and started a thread about how much you hate her. THEN she would have survived and thrived!

You should have known better and started a thread about how much you hate her. THEN she would have survived and thrived!

:laugh: Foolish me. I apologize Missandei, I may have condemned you to death with my affection.

In the U.S., we used to count down the days until the Olsen Twins' or Miley Cryrus's or Justin Bieber's eighteenth birthdays so that (bizarrely) we would then feel okay about legally viewing them as sexual objects.

Similarly, since this is Westeros/Essos, I'm waiting for Missandei to turn 12 or 13 so I can do the same.

In the U.S., we used to count down the days until the Olsen Twins' or Miley Cryrus's or Justin Bieber's eighteenth birthdays so that (bizarrely) we would then feel okay about legally viewing them as sexual objects.

Similarly, since this is Westeros/Essos, I'm waiting for Missandei to turn 12 or 13 so I can do the same.

...That's a little unusual... But to each their own I guess...

I've decided to discard the idea that Arya will kill Missandei. Here's why:

Has she ever killed someone that young and of her own gender? No.

She's killed two boys just a few years older than her. But never any girls her own age.

I know we'd think that wouldn't make a different to who-gives-a-shit-Arya, but look at her kill list, only one is a woman.

She's killed two boys just a few years older than her. But never any girls her own age.

I know we'd think that wouldn't make a different to who-gives-a-shit-Arya, but look at her kill list, only one is a woman.

omg who was the woman? i dont remember that

If she does do it, it would be on the orders of the Faceless Men, who can order her to kill anyone. The FM also have reason to want Dany dead because they hate dragons and Valyrians.

Archived