Missandei

Lady Hodor

oh by kill list i thought you meant the list of ppl she has slain so far. carry on.

Sorry, didn't mean to shock you :P

But my point is Arya not killing women because she can't/won't?

There's been women she would have gladly killed, like that bitch in Haranhall who threatened her with a splintery broomstick.

But my point is Arya not killing women because she can't/won't?
More because she didn't get the occasion.

I know we'd think that wouldn't make a different to who-gives-a-shit-Arya, but look at her kill list, only one is a woman.
None of them were bards or Nigh Watch men, also. None of them were insurance salesmen.

And Arya didn't get crossed by women except Cersei, and this one did get on her list.

You really should have a look at the thread I linked in my previous post, I do think it's quite interesting and covering a lot of ground this current thread seems to be heading towards, and there's more talk about Missandei, too.

I always thought something was a bit...off.. with Missandei.

She is always mentioned as being way too wise for her years - a lot of times if I remember correctly. And then there are these golden eyes of hers and dusky skin.

I actually had a theory on her having something to do with the Children of the Forest, she is described to look a bit like them. Being all wise and that, but I think they are described as having large ears and hands with three fingers.

So I skipped that idea. :dunno:

I'm not saying that she is one but the COTF know how to glamour themselves. Jenny of Oldstones claimed that the Ghost of High Heart was one and she looks like a dwarf. In ADWD, one of the COTF named Leaf told Bran that she lived amongst humans for 200 years.

EDIT: I think Missandei is suspicious but I the Ghost of High Heart is definitely a COTF. Her closest friend said so. She has the gift of greensight ( her visions always come true.) with red eyes. High Heart was once sacred to the COTF. She once made a joke that she hadn't been kissed in a thousand years.

She doesn't look like how COTF are supposed to look but I imagine that Leaf didn't either when she was trying to learn the Common Tongue. Unless they have a death wish they can't walk around humans looking like one.

I'm not saying that she is one but the COTF know how to glamour themselves. Jenny of Oldstones claimed that the Ghost of High Heart was one and she looks like a dwarf. In ADWD, one of the COTF named Leaf told Bran that she lived amongst humans for 200 years.

EDIT: I think Missandei is suspicious but I the Ghost of High Heart is definitely a COTF. Her closest friend said so. She has the gift of greensight ( her visions always come true.) with red eyes. High Heart was once sacred to the COTF. She once made a joke that she hadn't been kissed in a thousand years.

She doesn't look like how COTF are supposed to look but I imagine that Leaf didn't either when she was trying to learn the Common Tongue. Unless they have a death wish they can't walk around humans looking like one.

The Ghost of Highheart I agree with - but Missandei has brothers. And why would Missandei choose to pose as a slave to in Essos if she was a CotF? The only explanation I can think of would be that she knew she'd be given to Dany - which seems unlikely.

I always thought her unnatural brilliance broke the fourth wall.

EDIT

The Ghost of Highheart I agree with - but Missandei has brothers. And why would Missandei choose to pose as a slave to in Essos if she was a CotF? The only explanation I can think of would be that she knew she'd be given to Dany - which seems unlikely.

I always thought her unnatural brilliance broke the fourth wall.

EDIT

I think the theories were that the people of Naath might be some Essos relatives of the ones in Westeros.

I'll go a step further--I think (and by think, I mean hypothesize wildly) Missandei's entire Peaceful People of Naath, including her brothers, are the Essosian cousins to the Westerosi Children of Forest. Back in ASoS, we learned "the Peaceful People made music instead of war." In ADwD, we get "The singers sing sad songs, while men would fight and kill."

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/54952-adwd-spoilers-missandei-family/

I don't know what Missandei's fate will be, but I think she's adorable and I consider her to be one of my favourite characters. Her death would sadden me most of all, and I dearly hope she has no nefarious hidden motives. It would be extremely interesting to see what will become of her when she is older: she might be the character whose intellectual potential is the greatest and she has ample opportunity in her current capacity to earn valuable experience. If only she had a better teacher than Dany...

Missandei is like having the kid that wins the national spelling bee and geography bee working for you: she's got more natural intelligence than anyone else out there and she isn't yet jaded enough to hold back giving up her wisdom to ruthless conquerors in the making like Dany. Beautiful dynamic. i wish I could hire her

to sell christmas trees....

edited for spelling

There's lots ofm possibilities for her story arc. On happy endings she could be a match for Bran or Rickon. On the more mundane side she could be dragon food. Or have some speculate she's an in for Arya to penetrate Dany's inner circle. As for the Arya FM theory its possible that Missandei dies by another's hand which allows Arya to borrow her face without actually having to kill her, just a thought.

I agree she is one of the more interesting small characters.

...That's a little unusual... But to each their own I guess...

I've decided to discard the idea that Arya will kill Missandei. Here's why:

Has she ever killed someone that young and of her own gender? No.

She's killed two boys just a few years older than her. But never any girls her own age.

I know we'd think that wouldn't make a different to who-gives-a-shit-Arya, but look at her kill list, only one is a woman.

Am rereading ASOS and when Missandei says valar morghulis to Dany, i immediately wondered if people who speak High Valyrian frequently use that phrase or if it is meant as a clue regarding her character. Interesting that she and Arya have already been connected in the discussion. . . could M be a faceless man?

I really like her too. I think she's one of those characters George has not yet decided what their fate will be (unless she dies that the beginning of winds, witch seems unlikely). She's kind and smart and beautiful, just perfect for an untimely death, however, I don't see her dying any time soon, or at all, but only thanks to Dannys magic plot armor. Main- and side-characters seem to be surviving a lot longer next to Danny than anywhere else in the story, so there's some hope for a happy ending for her yet :).

could M be a faceless man?

I doubt it, as it seemed she had been with the ruler of the Unsullied for most of her life, learning the languages in order to be a good scribe.

Also the kindly man makes it clear that the Faceless Men only train children, and more importantly girls on very rare occassions.

Does no one think M could easily sneak into KL unnoticed? There are millions of little girls round, whats one more?

She can tiptoe around and learn all the lannister plans and return them to dany in time for battle - sounds like something dany would do

Dany would not send a young child into such certain danger, kids are her weakness.

No. But still, what do you think of Missandei? What lies ahead for her?

To be honest, I think she'll be murdered by Arya. If Arya has her face, she can take on her persona to get close to and assassinate Daenerys, as the Faceless Men may want to do (they're anti-dragons, so they're probably anti-Daenerys too).

To be honest, I think she'll be murdered by Arya. If Arya has her face, she can take on her persona to get close to and assassinate Daenerys, as the Faceless Men may want to do (they're anti-dragons, so they're probably anti-Daenerys too).

This brings us back to the above debate though, would Arya be able to kill Missandei?

This brings us back to the above debate though, would Arya be able to kill Missandei?

Yeah, I believe so. Arya has become very 'hardened', for want of a better expression. Perhaps she'll try to go through with it, thinking she needs to do so to survive, but then gets caught by Daenerys. Daenerys somehow gets Arya's real identity out of her, or Ser Barristan recognises her as the (apparent, with the boys dead and Sansa a criminal) heir to Winterfell. He counsels Daenerys to use Arya to make the North join her side in her struggle to unite the realm under the three-headed dragon?

Isn't it likely that the Quartheen or some other powerful consortium of merchants would hire the FM to kill Dany? The Warlocks already tried the sorrowful men, so why not the faceless men?

That could get Arya close to Dany/Missandei.

But maybe Victarion will be nice and let Missandei off at Naath or Sothoryos.... ahhh then again maybe not.

Yeah, I believe so. Arya has become very 'hardened', for want of a better expression. Perhaps she'll try to go through with it, thinking she needs to do so to survive, but then gets caught by Daenerys. Daenerys somehow gets Arya's real identity out of her, or Ser Barristan recognises her as the (apparent, with the boys dead and Sansa a criminal) heir to Winterfell. He counsels Daenerys to use Arya to make the North join her side in her struggle to unite the realm under the three-headed dragon?

Maybe so. But there's an issue, Dany considers the Starks to be her enemies, amongst many.

I don't reckon she would kill Arya, but neither do I think that she would trust her, even if she is just a child.

Maybe so. But there's an issue, Dany considers the Starks to be her enemies, amongst many.

I don't reckon she would kill Arya, but neither do I think that she would trust her, even if she is just a child.

But Barristan would persuade her that not only is the Starks' support important in uniting Westeros, the troops of the North and Riverlands will be vital in taking the throne from Tommen/Aegon. Without it, Dany will have virtually no native Westerosi support, and will be seen as a foreign invader.

Archived