Youtube Videos.

Horus Ex Machina

Since today is Halloween, I felt that it was appropriate to post this. I don't know if other 90's kids remember this, but this is The Scooby-Doo Project, a satire of the Blair Witch Project that aired snippets between episodes of Scooby-Doo when Cartoon Network was airing a marathon on Halloween 1999. 

• 1 month later...

One of the great films of silent cinema, The Passion of Joan of Arc has entered the public domain in the US. It ranked at 21 on the BFI's Sight and Sound Greatest Films List put together by critics in 2022, tied with Ozu's Late Spring and just behind Kurosawa's Seven Samurai.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure this is global or not, but Netflix put the full-length animated film Nimona on YouTube. It's a YA fantasy based on a graphic novel, with a dnsitinctive production design:

I've just checked my settings, and despite 'auto-play' set to 'Off' - every single video above started playing in my browser, all at once. 

Has Youtube changed something in their code to make their service even more annoying than it already is?

21 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

I've just checked my settings, and despite 'auto-play' set to 'Off' - every single video above started playing in my browser, all at once. 

Has Youtube changed something in their code to make their service even more annoying than it already is?

Yup, it's happening to me, too. I would be on the youtube page and suddenly one of the recommended videos would just start playing and the audio would continue to play even after going back until I would close the page. But it seems it's stopped since I put the auto-play on off. And for a while now it's been slow and clunky. It appears it has to do with my ad blocker on Chrome. It seems Youtube wants to make it difficult to use an ad blocker. 

On 2/19/2024 at 11:44 AM, Ran said:

Not sure this is global or not, but Netflix put the full-length animated film Nimona on YouTube. It's a YA fantasy based on a graphic novel, with a dnsitinctive production design:

I watched this last weekend (on Netflix). It was surprisingly witty, fun, and very well done.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this the most unintentionally creepy thing The Muppets have done...or was it totally intentional? It is creepy though, isn't it? It's not just me? Creepy and...mesmerizing...