Favorite Chapters

Forsword

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ASOS, AFFC spoiler

Look at the section this thread is in. "Still reading - A Game of Thrones". It's a question about the first book. You're spoiling it for someone that a certain character is alive until the end of the fourth book, at least.

Well, to be honest you're spoiling too, kinda :D

Pilusmagnus spoiled that he is alive IN the AFFC and has some chapters in it, but it's only you who spoils that he lives at least until the end.

For example, one would say that "Catelyn's last ASOS chapter is one of the best in the series" and it wouldn't mean at all that "she is alive until the end of the 3rd book". Well, at least not in the way one would understand such a statement :D

Because that's a good thing about the POV structure: when you read some Jaime's chapter in the middle of AFFC, you never can be sure whether it's not the last of his "3 great chapters". ;)

ASOS, AFFC spoiler

Well, to be honest you're spoiling too, kinda :D

Pilusmagnus spoiled that he is alive IN the AFFC and has some chapters in it, but it's only you who spoils that he lives at least until the end.

For example, one would say that "Catelyn's last ASOS chapter is one of the best in the series" and it wouldn't mean at all that "she is alive until the end of the 3rd book". Well, at least not in the way one would understand such a statement :D

Because that's a good thing about the POV structure: when you read some Jaime's chapter in the middle of AFFC, you never can be sure whether it's not the last of his "3 great chapters". ;)

No, I didn't, since I didn't mention anyone's name, unlike Pilusmagnus. I left a blank in my quote of his post (hoping that his post will be edited). All my post "spoils" is that there is a character who's still alive by book 4... that's hardly a spoiler, is it? Of course there's going to be at least one character who will survive till book 4.

And yes, Pilusmagnus' post is a spoiler.

Do you think anyone would think that Jaime is going to die in, say, book 1 or 2, but he'll somehow still have POV chapters in book 4, as a zombie or something? Please.

Missing the point much? This section is for people who are reading still the first book.

It's irrelevant whether they think that Jaime dies in his last chapter in AFFC or not. The point is that they will know that Jaime survives books 1, 2 and 3 and lives at least till a significant portion of the fourth book.

No, I didn't, since I didn't mention anyone's name, unlike Pilusmagnus. I left a blank in my quote of his post (hoping that his post will be edited). All my post "spoils" is that there is a character who's still alive by book 4... that's hardly a spoiler, is it? Of course there's going to be at least one character who will survive till book 4.

Your post is as well a spoiler so long as he didn't change his post. His post means that he won't die in any ASOS chapter or his first 2 in AFFC. Your means that he won't die in the other 5 of his chapters in AFFC. How can it not be considered a spoiler???

What is so really hard to understand in the fact that if one reads his post and gets some spoiler about this person, they get more spoilered by reading your post because they know who you are talking about because they DID read the previous post and no one can make them forget it. So they know who you are talking about even if you are oh-so-very-kind to blank his name! Is it so hard to put your criticism in the spoiler tag as I did with my criticism, or do you really have to spoil the joy for everyone only to show them that you know someone else had spoiled it a little bit more?

Your post is as well a spoiler so long as he didn't change his post. His post means that he won't die in any ASOS chapter or his first 2 in AFFC. Your means that he won't die in the other 5 of his chapters in AFFC. How can it not be considered a spoiler???

What is so really hard to understand in the fact that is one reads his post and gets some spoiler about this person, they get more spoilered by reading your post because they know who you are talking about because they DID read the previous post and anyone can make them forget it. So they know who you are talking about even if you are oh-so-very-kind to blank his name! Is it so hard to put your criticism in the spoiler tag as I did with my criticism, or do you really have to spoil the joy for everyone only to show them that you know someone else had spoiled it a little bit more?

I have edited my post, but really, how hard is it to understand that their post is much more of a spoiler?! This is for people who are reading AGOT, how the hell is it not a spoiler to know that Jaime survives books 1, 2 and 3 and at least a significant portion of the fourth book?! How about you direct your ranting to the much bigger spoiler?! "Oh, so you're reading the first book and you're spoiled on the fact that Jaime will survive at least till halfway through the fourth. But never mind. That's not a big spoiler, meh. As long as you don't get spoiled that Jaime survives till near the end of the fourth book"?!

There, right now my edited post isn't spoiling anything.

I will edit my post, but really, how hard is it to understand that their post is much more of a spoiler?! This is for people who are reading AGOT, how the hell is it not a spoiler to know that Jaime survives books 1, 2 and 3 and at least a significant portion of the fourth book?! How about you direct your ranting to the much bigger spoiler?! "Oh, so you're reading the first book and you're spoiled on the fact that Jaime will survive at least till halfway through the fourth. But never mind. That's not a big spoiler, meh. As long as you don't get spoiled that Jaime survives till near the end of the fourth book"?!

I wrote very clearly that I consider your spoiler to be less important than his, but it changes nothing and I don't know what you want to achieve in arguing in such a strong tone that your spoiler is less important than his. That does not mean that your spoiler should stay here.

There, right now my edited post isn't spoiling anything.

Thank you very much, "that's all I wanted". :)

• 2 weeks later...

As of late I really really enjoyed the Tyrion sequence where he was being held hostage and taken to the Vale. Those chapters led up to one awesome fight.. That was pretty cool.

The whole book is awesome as a whole, and all the chapters are awesome in their own way.

However, I will say this.. For some reason.. As cool and informative as they might be, I find Sansas somewhat a little boring.. I love the Starks but I find her rather uninteresting.. :(

So far my favorite chapters are those involving Eddard. One of the reasons I enjoy reading from his point of view are flashbacks. There is so much history regarding certain characters and events. Ned recalling what happened during Robert’s Rebellion; especially the Tower of Joy is a favorite of mine. But I also love the scenes at King’s Landing. It’s where the true nature of some individuals begins to surface.

Archived