What do you think Dany was going to reward Ser Jorah with once they got Westeros?

total1402

I mean, getting back Bear-Island seems pretty small-fry considering how much he had done for her. Do you think she might have raised his house much like the Tyrells and the Griffins were reduced. Say, a fair chunk of the North west of Winterfell; deepwood motte, Torrehens Square, places like that?

Or do you think she would have just kept him as a member of her Queensguard and possibly eventually its head once Barristan died?

I think making him Warden of the North was a distinct possibility, considering what Dany thinks of the Starks (much to Barristan's dismay). I don't think Jorah would have wanted to be a member of a Kingsguard (or Queensguard). However, some high office (as mentioned, as Warden of the North and/or as member of the small council) was very well possible.

Prbably whole North, but I think Jorah was lying to himself, if Dany gave him any part of the North all Northmen besides snakes like Karstarks and Boltons would hate and despise him. Ad soon he would be running back to her to KL, but jealous and possessive as he is, her husband or paramour would soon get rid of her.

Didn't think about the Hand. He was sort of serving in that role already wasn't he?

Yeah I don't like how Barristan has been really putting off THAT TALK where he tells her in detail why everyone of the houses hated her father and had good reason to. Not to kill Rhaegars children or Elia, that was Tywin and not the origional group of rebels (Stark, Arryn n Baratheon). I don't think she would depose the noble houses, her actions Mereen where she was willing to work with those bastards suggests otherwise and I can't see her hating the likes of Sansa or Arya whose situation mirrors her own and are fairly blameless. Hate to be Stannis or Jamie however. It would be annoying if Barristan dies before he gives Dany, that talk.So thats why I thought she might just increase the holdings of Bear Island to the mainland, but keep a Stark in Winterfell.

I think she would give him Bear Island, but I think any other/larger holdings in the North would be terribly resented by the rest of the North, given his slave trading history. We know that the Mormonts were loyal banner-men to the Starks, and they were content with Bear Island -- It would be interesting to see how the existing Mormonts (is there anyone else besides the woman with Stannis who helped take Deepwood Mote -- can't remember her name) would react to his being given Bear Island -- I imagine there'd be lots and lots of 'tension' around that, at the very least.

I agree with those who've said that a much more likely possibility is for him to be given a knightly place of prominence in KL. I think appointment as the Hand of the Queen (given the premise/possibility that Ser Grandfather has died by then - if not, he would be given the place of most prominence, I believe) would be the most likely. If not, I'd think Lord Commander of the Queen's Guard would be the next most likely.

All of this, of course, is based on the projection that KL will even exist by the time and IF Dany gains the throne. I think this is further complicated by the fact that she may or may not reconcile with Jorah, but IMO she will.

There is SO much to take place in the next two books, that I think AFFC and ADWD have been building up to, there is no telling. . . War of the Worlds? A medieval Star Wars? :lol:

but IMO she will.

:agree:

If she doesn't then Dany is going to be the virgin queen who only marrys for political intrigue. I don't think a love interest could be put onto the character this late in the series IMO. It would be cruel if Jorah died by some cruel twist of fate. But I think that he had a hard time of it since SoS, being made a slave and its hard to see it happening. Would be shocking though.

I'am looking forward to Jorah going "berzerker" in the Yunkai camp. i mean the man has a Kratos style demon tatoo on his head!

Dany is awfully shallow, I don't think she is going to be too enthusiastic about that demon mask tattoo on his face. That may be the final nail in the coffin for his romantich hopes. I also am really curious to see how the existing Mormonts will react to Jorah's return. I don't think they would be very excited about his taking over Bear Island, and I'm not sure they will be super excited to see him show up with a dragon-riding Targaryan either.

I sort of wish we could meet his ex-wife, just once, but time is short, and the books are full, and it's hard to see what purpose that could fulfill at this point. I'm just curious.

The North is a big possibility.

To be honest though since most of his lifes pitfalls were due to a lack of money I wouldnt be surprised if she didnt give him Casterly Rock and make him warden of the west, or Highgarden and the Reach.

I think she would offer him those, but I think he would ask to be Hand (so he could stay close), and that would be granted as well.

Archived