Vote : Who will rule westeros?

• 2 weeks later...

What are the chances that Westeros will end up being something similar to a democracy or representative republic such as the USA. I think Westeros will have to come together and fight the Others. Much like the greeks fighting the persians. That being said, I think Jon is the only person who can bring the realm together.

My best guess is that the nominal ruler of Westeros will be the child of Daenerys and Jon Targaryen. Actual power will be possessed by whoever is regent at that point. Jon, Daenerys, Stannis, Shireen, Aegon, Tommen and Myrcella will all be dead.

Only GRRM knows and he will pull a mean one on all of us! I think that Westeros will be decimated from the battle with the Others, that whoever survive the war will have to regroup, rebuild! So my guess is that it will take a whole nation to rebuild and survive the onslaught that is coming. Lesson to be learned, while all of the petty bickering going on about the Iron Throne, and almost ignoring the imminent threat of the Others, a nation might be lost.

As much as I like Stannis, I don't think he's going to survive.

I kind of pictured Westeros by the end of the series as not seven kingdoms, but more like three or four.

Dorne - Ruled by Princess Arianne Martell

The Kingdom of the North, Riverlands, and Vale - Ruled by Rickon Stark, King in the North, with Edmure Tully as Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, and Sansa Arryn ruling beside her lord husband Harrold Arryn in the Vale.

Kingdom of the Iron Throne - The Crownlands, the Westerlands, the Stormlands, and the Reach, ruled by King Edric Baratheon, Robert Baratheon's true heir.

The Iron Islands - Ruled either by Queen Asha Greyjoy or King Victarion Greyjoy. I don't foresee Euron remaining as king for too long.

So Spake Martin

And it is important that the individual books refer to the civil wars, but the series title reminds us constantly that the real issue lies in the North beyond the Wall. Stannis becomes one of the few characters fully to understand that, which is why in spite of everything he is a righteous man, and not just a version of Henry VII, Tiberius or Louis XI.

http://www.amazon.co...TF8&docId=49161

Martin gave us three names in connection with Stannis:

Henry VII

Henry won the throne when he defeated Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth Field. He was the last king of England to win his throne on the field of battle. He was successful in restoring the power and stability of the English monarchy after the political upheavals of the Wars of the Roses. He founded a long-lasting dynasty and, after a reign of nearly 24 years, was peacefully succeeded by his son, Henry VIII.

He also concluded the Treaty of Perpetual Peace with Scotland (the first treaty between England and Scotland for almost two centuries), which betrothed his daughter Margaret to King James IV of Scotland. ... the marriage eventually led to the union of the English and Scottish crowns under Margaret's great-grandson, James VI and I following the death of Henry's granddaughter Elizabeth I.

Marriage between

(= Marriage between Rickon Stark/Shireen Baratheon? )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Vii

Tiberius

Tiberius was one of Rome's greatest generals, conquering Pannonia, Dalmatia, Raetia, and temporarily Germania; laying the foundations for the northern frontier. But he came to be remembered as a dark, reclusive, and sombre ruler who never really desired to be emperor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius

Louis XI

By war, by cunning and with sheer guile, Louis XI overcame France's feudal lords, and at the time of his death in the Château de Plessis-lez-Tours, he had united France and laid the foundations of a strong monarchy. He was however a secretive, isolated and reclusive man, and few mourned his death.

http://en.wikipedia....is_XI_of_France

All of them die as the King/Emperor = Stannis will be King at the end of the books

Stannis Baratheon for the Iron throne and what's left of Westeros.

Jon Targaryan for the King in the North and the king of the Wildlings titles.

This is my ideal scenario for the end of the books, but I'd prefer King Jon Stark over Jon Targaryen :)

As much as I like Stannis, I don't think he's going to survive.

I kind of pictured Westeros by the end of the series as not seven kingdoms, but more like three or four.

Dorne - Ruled by Princess Arianne Martell

The Kingdom of the North, Riverlands, and Vale - Ruled by Rickon Stark, King in the North, with Edmure Tully as Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, and Sansa Arryn ruling beside her lord husband Harrold Arryn in the Vale.

Kingdom of the Iron Throne - The Crownlands, the Westerlands, the Stormlands, and the Reach, ruled by King Edric Baratheon, Robert Baratheon's true heir.

The Iron Islands - Ruled either by Queen Asha Greyjoy or King Victarion Greyjoy. I don't foresee Euron remaining as king for too long.

Yes!

Archived