Vote : Who will rule westeros?

Arya Stark and Gendry Waters. The best candidates are those that don't even want to be Kings/Queens. Dany and Jon and Staniss's story will end fighting the Others. Somehow, everyone assumes that the PtwP has to be King and that Jon/Dany/both will rule, but I don't think so. Also, Arya would be fantastic and who doesn't think Gendry has a role in the greater scheme of things?

I don't know, it seems a fitting ending and not unlikely considering GRRM's tendency to never do what is expected.

But thinking realisticy, Jon or Dany.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the chances that Westeros will end up being something similar to a democracy or representative republic such as the USA. I think Westeros will have to come together and fight the Others. Much like the greeks fighting the persians. That being said, I think Jon is the only person who can bring the realm together.

Completly agree.

Gendry and Sansa Baratheon.

For a "happy ending" I like this one very much myself. (The Arya/Gendry shippers would die of aneurysms though.)

Rationally I'm in the "nobody" camp. My crack option would be Jamie. :cool4: (All off fandom would have an aneurysm then.)

Ferrego Antaryon. Or whoever will be elected Sealord of Braavos in the end.

- Braavos is a Renaissance city, 2 centuries ahead in development of medieval Westeros

- Braavos already took financial control of Westeros.

- the Sealord already arranges treaties between Dorne and the Targaryens.

- Braavos seems to have some good working intelligence organisations (Iron Bank, FM etc.) Even a small blind girl is informed about almost everything that happens in Westeros.

- Braavos is build of stone (with plenty of water nearby). Attacking dragons might find it difficult to burn anything besides the wooden ships in the harbours.

- To attack Braavos from the North, the Others will have to swim or build a fleet. Strange idea.

- Braavos and Lorath are situated as far to the North as the Fingers - but nobody in Essos cares for the seasons anyway. Winter may come.

- traffic connection: much faster going by the Narrow Sea from Kings Landing or White Harbour to Braavos than reaching Winterfell over the Kings Road.

- after several civil wars and a large scale fight with Others and/or dragons, there will be little resistance, and Westeros will be glad of support at the rebuild of the country - like Germany 1945.

Impossible? Then how come Venice controlled the remnants of the Eastern Roman Empire for centuries after the crusades?

I think my username makes it obvious who I think should rule. That being said I have no idea who will get the throne. I have no faith at all that GRRM will have the books end the way I want them to. All I can hope is that whoever gets the throne will be resolved in the next book so that if it's not Dany I can just stop reading.

I, for one, would love it if Dany actually manages to conquer Westeros, drive away the Others, but then decides she doesn't want to rule, melts the Iron Throne in Drogon's flames, and goes off with her love and her dragons some place far away. The Seven Kingdoms are independent once again, and the Crownlands are given to Aegon.

Archived